IMPORTANT message: Brussels Airport

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Atlantis

IMPORTANT message: Brussels Airport

Post by Atlantis »

I want to put this message on this forum to all members.

Some groups and maybe also individuals abused some info they can find about Brussels Airport on different aviation forums. The info they abuse is about the future plans of Brussels Airport (expansion, LCT, etc).
There is even an investigation on high level.

It's not nice for this forum but may I ask to all members: DON'T POST NEWS ABOUT BRUSSELS AIRPORT when it goes to THEIR FUTURE PLANS. WAIT WHEN BRUSSELS AIRPORT ANNOUNCE IT BY THEIRSELFS.

News about increasing flights is no problem and when it is about new routes and new carriers WAIT WHEN THE AIRLINE ANNOUNCE IT BY THEIRSELFS.

I hope you all will understand but the situation is very, very serious.

jan_olieslagers

Re: IMPORTANT message: Brussels Airport

Post by jan_olieslagers »

Sounds very serious, almost like something really but then REALLY bad is about to happen?
For myself I'll be happy to comply with your request, as an humble ULM student pilot I'm far out of EBBR / BRU anyway!

teddybAIR

Post by teddybAIR »

Atlantis,

Do you mean groups like Daedalus? If you do: these guys are not able to build a solid argument and make very contradictory statements exactly because of the fact that they don't know what they are talking about. Every sain person in the country - even non aviation enthousiasts - understand that their arguments are merely emotional.

Now, with all due respect, but aviation is the largest passion for a lot of people among us. I will not accept that a forum that I have been a member of for multiple years and that we should really be proud about, will degenerate or generate less usefull insights, because some guy bases his story on a few out-of-context statements and quotes is as "luchtzak.be"

I would suggest that we provide as much argumentation for the opposite side.

Best regards,
bAIR

NCB

Post by NCB »

I remembered typing something about potential U2 routes out of BRU, don't know if I posted it or if I didn't but seen that I can't find it I probably didn't, or it was deleted.
I think that discussing potential future plans of Belgium's beloved airport is one's freedom, as opposed to leaking insider information which of course is not a very smart thing to do...

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

It's indeed not nice but we have to act like a gentlemans agreement: wait before the airport or an airline announce something new. If the press will publish rumours (many times the last couple of weeks) its their problem but a forum is like a feeder flight for an airline. You can pick up some very fresh news and abuse it.

It's very specific: no news about the future plans. The monthly figures, published by Macquarie Airport, are still allowed, of course.

Jan van de Cruyse was right: the press will know it when the time is there.

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

Strange remark,
I think if some news that reaches this site NEVER can harm the business of BRU!
If some or other man/company can take advantages of this info,
he'll get that info before us !!! :lol:
Otherways he got to think of another job... there are better spy-guys.

On the other side news on this site is more like free advertising!
Low Cost Terminal - New routes - FIH - ...
BRU can get better info on it ,while we were discussing these things !
Free / Gratis! ideas,opinions...

Don't forget, into air/air- enthousiasts it's our hobby and for almost all of us,BRU is our home-base!
( for almost most destinations, exc. liege,antwerp,ostend and for a nearby eindhoven(charter /LC ))
What can we discuss otherways.. news must be new otherways it's not interesting anymore.
(Or would you like discuss the new operation of an old SN/SLR-routing... :lol: )

News on this site is news for us but for insiders probably already well-known !
In any other case.. keep on the good work and THX in advance 8-)
Ciao,CX-B
New types flown 2022.. A339

TopGun81

Post by TopGun81 »

This isn't China bro'.

Forum: A gathering place of great social significance, often the scene of diverse activities, including political discussions, meetings, et cetera.

Free press, free people, free country, free forum

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

TopGun81 wrote: Free press, free people, free country, free forum
One sometimes wonder ...
Big brother at BRU, but feel free to post anything about CRL, LGG, OST, ANR ...!?

b-west

Post by b-west »

I think it's the responsability of each member to decide for himself whether or not he or she is gonna publish the information that is in his/her possession. If Brussels Airport, or any other company or organisation doesn't like information being leaked, maybe they should just be more careful to who they give out this info. As far as I know this is not a Brussels Airport owned forum, so it's not up to them to dictate what comes on it.

NCB

Post by NCB »

True, but we must be careful of what we post as well, as Atlantis points out.
The press is all over this forum and they do not always use it for pro-aviation purposes as most of us do, quite to the opposite depending on the media considered.

I too do receive alot of insider info of several airlines from all over the globe, but knowing that it may affect my job or that of my friends who have communicated it to me, I prefer not to share it unless it's not relevant or a publicly known fact.

Bralo20

Post by Bralo20 »

Atlantis wrote:It's indeed not nice but we have to act like a gentlemans agreement: wait before the airport or an airline announce something new. If the press will publish rumours (many times the last couple of weeks) its their problem but a forum is like a feeder flight for an airline. You can pick up some very fresh news and abuse it.

It's very specific: no news about the future plans. The monthly figures, published by Macquarie Airport, are still allowed, of course.

Jan van de Cruyse was right: the press will know it when the time is there.
In fact we do not have to do anything... We do not have to act like a gentlemans agreement since there isn't one... In fact we are allowed to ventilate our thoughts, our wishes, our views towards the future, etc...

This is a forum, a place were we can discuss things, we CAN discuss everything freely thanks to the fact that we live in a free country like Belgium... BAC or whatever Brussels Airport company can maybe ask politely that rumours from hearsay aren't discussed but that all they can do... They can ask it politely and that it. No more, no less...

In fact, if they should provide more info on a regular base there wouldn't be no reason to speculate about things. But they don't do that offcourse...

So I suggest that we continue to discuss everything about BRU and the companies there.

If you do not like that, well there an easy solution to it, first above the forum, to the right you will find a link "logout". If you click on the link it will log you out of the site. And then you can remove the bookmark from your browser. And from then on you don't need to visit this board anymore. See how easy it is? You won't see any BRU discussion and so you can live long and happy. ;)

For God's sake, I didn't know that we were becoming the DPRK to take the worst example available or even like China.. :roll:

brussels airlines

Post by brussels airlines »

I can understand the frustration of the Brussels Airport Company management if some news or rumors, correct or incorrect, is leaked in the press or on forums.

But if this is 'secret' information, this means only employees from Brussels Airport Company can know about this. So the news/rumors is leaked by people working for BAC or by employees from BAC who talked to collegues from other companies working on the airport. BAC has an internal problem, and it should be solved internal, not on a forum by posting to everyone that they can't post any information about BAC anymore. So it's up to the BAC-employees to take their responsibility and loyalty towards their company.

I agree that the BAC-management can punish or even fire BAC-employees who are posting 'sensitive' information on forums. But the BAC-management can't expect that an aviation enthusiastic, who has nothing to do with BAC, post some information if he hears about something.

Solve it in Zaventem, not on an aviation enthusiastic forum.

Ozzie1969
Location: Brugge, Flanders + Annan, Scotland + Ormoc,Philippines

Post by Ozzie1969 »

TopGun81 wrote:This isn't China bro'.

Forum: A gathering place of great social significance, often the scene of diverse activities, including political discussions, meetings, et cetera.

Free press, free people, free country, free forum
You said it!

joyraider

Post by joyraider »

I just got very curious what this is about, and am now looking up stuff at other forums. :D

And I agree about the free speech thing, though I can imagine that sometimes a rat starts posting bullcrap that's potentially dangerous for any future plans or agreements.

teddybAIR

Post by teddybAIR »

Let's not get carried away here!

A rumour on a forum is not more or less than a rumour on a forum! I acknowledge that more often than not, these rumours on luchtzak.be seem to be close to the truth, but that doesn't take away that we were often wrong.

That is exactly why companies make official press releases: to take away the rumours that exist in the market place and to provide the economic environment with certainty about the evolution of their industry in the short term. I am sorry, but I have no respect whatsoever for a captain of industry who would base his decision on some posting on any forum...be it luchtzak.be, piloten.be, airliners.net, airwork.nl, etc...these are just networks of people that share the same interest...people who can make mistakes.

If some low-life journalist/activist wants the scoop on a story by consulting this website and publishing his own view on the matter...well, I guess that is his freedom and we cannot prevent them from doing so. What is the alternative? Shutting down luchtzak.be?! Or leaving it online, but not sharing our insights?! I might as well discuss aviation related topics with my grandma then!

By the way, could you enlighten us on who exactly abused the info? My sentiment is that if someone abuses what is being posted on this community, at least the community deserves to know who it was, wouldn't you think?

Best regards,
An enthousiastic luchtzak member!

Bralo20

Post by Bralo20 »

It could be a nice headline in the newspapers though :mrgreen::

"Brussels Airport Company is telling aviation enthousiast to keep their mouth shut"

Or even better

"BAC makes threats to aviation enthousiasts" (since the media is always adding a little spice to it)

Man man man, in which world are we living today... :D

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

brussels airlines wrote:I can understand the frustration of the Brussels Airport Company management if some news or rumors, correct or incorrect, is leaked in the press or on forums.

But if this is 'secret' information, this means only employees from Brussels Airport Company can know about this. So the news/rumors is leaked by people working for BAC or by employees from BAC who talked to collegues from other companies working on the airport. BAC has an internal problem, and it should be solved internal, not on a forum by posting to everyone that they can't post any information about BAC anymore. So it's up to the BAC-employees to take their responsibility and loyalty towards their company.

I agree that the BAC-management can punish or even fire BAC-employees who are posting 'sensitive' information on forums. But the BAC-management can't expect that an aviation enthusiastic, who has nothing to do with BAC, post some information if he hears about something.

Solve it in Zaventem, not on an aviation enthusiastic forum.
I guess this is a very good, clear and honest analysis ...

Megaman

Post by Megaman »

Is it possible to know what information was released and shouldn't have been? Or alternatively, a link to a board that discuss the information? Just out of pure curiosity...

teddybAIR

Post by teddybAIR »

Well,

If someone posted company confidential information, that person has a serieus attitude problem! Confidential information is what the word says: confidential! It should not be shared. Now, someone who posts it on a forum is probably not as discrete in his day-to-day life either.

As brussels airlines wrote: this should be solved in real life, not over the net! It is a problem inherent to individuals, not fora or other media

best regards,
Tom

Darjeeling

Post by Darjeeling »

Threatening people isn't a solution. :evil: or maybe the solution of the weakest. :?:

If BAC has an internal communication problem, it's up to them to solve it. As said above we are not in China or North Korea. And as always Luchtzak.be is such an easy target !!! We are living in the Internet era, no longer in the Interfax press agency era. Informations are leaking everywhere from everywhere, that's the game.

By the way:
Do you post such "threats" on pprune, airliners.net, airline route news blog, Flight International, Skytrax.. ?? :roll: :roll: