Airline quality

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
regi

Re: Airline quality

Post by regi »

Comet: read my lips: forget about Ryanair.
Easyjet is a bit better . But in your case it would mean a trip to one of the most depressing airports in the western hempisphere: East Midlands. ( from where BMI flies to Brussels as well )
Because this is a Belgian site, we don't read the horrific experiences of Brittish travellers who fly Monarch . Or French tourists who were cramped in a fully loaded Corsair 747 .
So stick with BMI. Small hint for you : you could travel to Scunthorpe. It has daily flights to Amsterdam with the KLM Cityhopper service. ( sometimes F-70 jet, sometimes F-50 turboprop. Check http://www.airliners.net and put in Humberside and Fokker.

From Amsterdam onwards you can take the highspeed train southbound to Brussels or Paris.

Duigan

Post by Duigan »

My list from a recent trip
Air New Zealand 7/10
Qantas 7/10
Virgin Blue 8/10
Emirates 10/10
Qantas Domestic 4/10
Qantas domestic was 3 hours late with the flight leaving as pilots need a meal break or so they told us
No vouchers or assistance offered to passengers only burnt meal once we got off the ground

euroflyer

Post by euroflyer »

concordino wrote:@ Comet

Good to see that you retain an open mind. As far as I recall you have not actually travelled on any " cheap crap" airlines (unless you mean BMI, BA et al) so you are not really in any position to criticise them or those who use them. Why not book a flight with one of them just to see whether your prejudices are real or just imagined from what you read in the press.

Unless I travel business class I am more concerned about timeliness and safety than creature comforts and with the average flight being between 1 and 2 hours there is no need for all the creature comforts you seem to regard as necessary when flying. Accept that you are going on a bus with wings and enjoy the benefit of still having money to spend when you arrive at a destination.

@ all

It is almost pointless maring airlines out of 10 as everyone's experiences and expectations are different. I could easily mark down Lufthansa after a "DARK" flight to Atlanta where all the audio and video refused to work. Yes, I didn't get to watch a couple of movies but we departedon-time, arrived a little early and the flight was smooth and the rest of the service was fine. We did all get a miles credit but that was later. C'est la vie.

I have to say that the best experience so far has been with Qatar on a leg from Munich to Doha where the, then, new business class was installed. Best restaurant I have eaten in!!

C
Oh, come on, this is not claiming to be a professional, representative, scientific study 8-) People were asked to give their opinion and that is what they do of course based on their experience on a limited number of flights. Everybody is aware of this, so where the hell is the problem :?:

And on the Ryanair story, well, hm, I am a member of this club as well who criticises them without ever having been on board a Ryanair flight (my "low-cost experience" is limited to a few Easyjet flights, because they offer the only non-stop service between Berlin and Geneva and some with Air Berlin if you want to count them as low cost as well). BUT I have heard enough first-hand-reports from good friends who have been on board (and those stories were quite clear in their message :D ) PLUS I actually checked their prices on several connections when I searched for flights (only last week for Frankfurt-Mallorca-Frankfurt flights in September 09) and they have NEVER been the cheapest option. They seem to be cheap only if you are prepared to fly to a destination THEY choose at a time THEY choose, and not if YOU want to choose destination and timing :lol: . But of course, those are only my personal views ;)
Star Alliance Gold / LH Senator
A300 A318 A319 A320 A321 A340 B737 B747 B757 B767 MD81 MD82 MD90 Tu134 IL18 BAe146 RJ85 RJ100 CRJ200 CRJ700 CRJ900 ERJ145 E170 E195 F50 F70 F100 ATR42 ATR72 Q300 Q400
http://my.flightmemory.com/euroflyer