Azzurra Air Littoral experience

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Skyline

Azzurra Air Littoral experience

Post by Skyline »

Hi everyone, just returned from Calvi. Operated CLY NCE CLY MRS CLY for a week. I feel sorry for all the people who have lost jobs in Air littoral . What a pity. Yet somehow the company was going bankrupt and through Azzurra I operated some flights on behalf of this Air Littoral. I wish to express my solidarity for all the staff in Air littoral, and wish them good luck. I also wish good luck to Azzurraair staff who did their best to salvage a situation which unfortunately, due to some false promises seems to be doing bad. We are flightcrews and have no influnce on who heads the companies involved. I have flown for Azzurra for 6 years now (previously i was in Air Malta for 10 years which was the founder of Azzurraair.)

Many companies are celebrating the end of 2003, some others are loosing their jobs! I ask you to show some solidarity with the thosands of crews who's jobs are at stake during this period.

Thank you for reading my letter, and I wish you all good luck and a happy new year.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Skyline,

You have all my sympathy.

The problem stems from that Italian financier at the head of the Seven group who made several promises but was unable to keep them. His ambitious plan of a Mediterranean airline looked interesting, but he did not have the first eurocent to implement it.

Good luck to you and all your colleagues!
André
ex Sabena #26567

Skyline

Post by Skyline »

Thank you very much,

You are right, it all stems from above, well beyond our control. Since he made his first step here everything went nuts.

EX Sabena... retired? (may I ask).

I fly Avro for 8 years, flew A320 for 4years and 737-200 for 3 years. Avro is my favourite, as when I was on 320 it was still littered with problems, which got sorted out through the years.

Thanks again for your kind gesture

Best regards

Antoine

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Skyline wrote:EX Sabena... retired? (may I ask).
Nope. I left many many years ago to work in the private sector. Not yet retired. (At Sabena I would now be enjoying early retirement). :offtopic:
André
ex Sabena #26567

Skyline

Post by Skyline »

:oops: sorry bout that. In fact I checked your web page, and it's great!