Trip advice AMS \ BRU to KBP (Kiev)

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!

Which airline would u choose in my case?

Total votes: 0

OO-TUC

Trip advice AMS \ BRU to KBP (Kiev)

Post by OO-TUC »

Dear members,

Im planning a trip from either AMS or BRU to Kiev Borispol coming winter. After an inquiery, there 2 options for me.

1. Flying directly AMS-KBP with Ukrainian Airlines (code sharing with KLM, which fly on less good time for me). BRU - KBP is also Ukr. Airl (code sharing with SN)

2. AMS - WAW - KBP with LOT.

Both are nearly equally expensive (+- 330 euro) . Advantage of Ukr. Airl. is the short direct flight, while flying with LOT means flying the Embraer 175.

Do some members here already have flown with these Airlines or type of planes? Or maybe someone knows other (cheaper) flight options?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

TWR

Post by TWR »

I flew AUI from Brussels to Kiev. Nice crew and good service.

Otherwise I fly Malev via Budapest (B737 NG or F70)

Never flew LOT, so I don't know about them...

Airwave

Post by Airwave »

Hallo,

From what our experiences are, it won't be easy to find cheaper solutions than what you mention in your mail.

Flights with Ukraine International Airlines to Kiev are flown with Western build aircrafts and mostly on schedule...

Have a nice trip

AF332

Post by AF332 »

TWR wrote:I flew AUI from Brussels to Kiev. Nice crew and good service.

Otherwise I fly Malev via Budapest (B737 NG or F70)

Never flew LOT, so I don't know about them...
I've good experiences with LOT Polish Airlines. They offer a better product than Brussels Airlines (to make a comparison)... Especially when they operate this route using the Embraer fleet.

Philippe

eurofighter

Post by eurofighter »

I have flown several times with UIA and they are quite fine. Crew is ok, planes are fine too, B-737, and inflight is pretty decent with hot meal and free drinks. Take the direct flight, easier and quicker, especially if the price is the same.

Jacob330

Post by Jacob330 »

I would go for Ukrainian also. Not what you can call an unforgettable experience, but still a good airline.
Enjoy Kiev, great city... :thumbsup:

OO-TUC

Post by OO-TUC »

Thank you all for the quick response :) I'm glad to hear that several of you have got a good experience with flying UIA, an airline for which i was a bit afraid. Its definitely an option to fly with them for me now. As everything goes as i want it to go, i shall give a report of my flight :wink:

Flybe

Post by Flybe »

I've enjoyed flying on LOT before, and will be doing this again in October.

Don't forget that stopping over in Warsaw, means having a look in their brand new terminal (departure wasn't open yet when I passed there in July, but should be open by this winter, I guess - maybe it is already), where you should have quite nice views on the apron. The old panoramic terras should be closed by now though.

Greets,

Pieter

chrisflyer

Post by chrisflyer »

As a frequent traveller on LOT, I can only recommend them.

The Embraer 170/175/190s are very fast and comfortable. BRU-WAW is usually operated by 735s though, and only the 9.50am departure from BRU is systematically on an Embraer. I am not sure about AMS-WAW and WAW-KBP.

The new terminal at WAW should be fully operational any time soon, although it wasn't when I was passing through about a week ago.

For anyone travelling towards Eastern Europe, LOT is a sound choice. And they usually give you at least 750 miles per sector within Europe in any fare class, which is a welcome add-on for Star Alliance card holders.

Happy landings, and enjoy Ukraine.

Chris