Important and urgent question regarding AF ticket

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Avro

Important and urgent question regarding AF ticket

Post by Avro »

I have a full economy ticket on air france flight between MRS and CDG next week. Due to circumstances I won't make it for the flight as I have to be in Switzerland that day. Is it possible to ask Air France to change the name of the person travelling with that ticket ? I namely have a friend who would be interested in taking over my flight ??

Any help is appreciated.

Chris

b720

Post by b720 »

Not sure they would do that; however you can most probably get re-embursed (if you have a full economy fare)paying a penalty. That might be the best option, just make sure you do so before the flight date.

Avro

Post by Avro »

Thanks for your quick answer. If I cannot change the name I will indeed asked to be remboursed as I have an insurance who allows it.

Chris

AF332

Post by AF332 »

Fare conditions of Air France (economy):

. Modification before departure: penalty of 100 €. Not possible in case of no show

. Refund before departure and before originally scheduled flight: penalty of 100 €. Not authorised in case of no show

Philippe