Jet Airways & Brussels Airlines partnership any updates?

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

OrientThai

Jet Airways & Brussels Airlines partnership any updates?

Post by OrientThai »

Well 9W has been flying to BRU for almost three weeks now and no announcement, advertising have been made from SN for the new service to BOM (no press release, no updates on their website).
At first when looking on the Brussels Airport website I could see that SN put their code on the BRU-BOM route and 9W put their on a few European routes (GVA, MAD, BHX) flown by SN. But now these codeshares have been removed from the website.
The alliance between 9W and SN was an important factor for 9W choosing BRU as their European hub.
Now is it because SN and 9W are waiting further approval to start working together or is it something else? (Like that rumour saying 9W wants a better premium product than the current B-flex)
Any information is welcome!

Ducatibiker

Post by Ducatibiker »

I asked the same question to Privilege hoping I could redeem some miles in F cabin. Answer was negative.

Air Key West

Post by Air Key West »

If I were a First or Business class passenger on Jetairways (or Etihad), I wouldn't like the b.flex product for the European leg of my travel, that's for sure.
And don't expect SN Privilege to give you a F class ticket on 9W (even if 9W becomes an SN Privilege member).
In favor of quality air travel.

Ducatibiker

Post by Ducatibiker »

Air Key West wrote:If I were a First or Business class passenger on Jetairways (or Etihad), I wouldn't like the b.flex product for the European leg of my travel, that's for sure.
And don't expect SN Privilege to give you a F class ticket on 9W (even if 9W becomes an SN Privilege member).
After Dom or Krug on 9W, be ready for b.flex and its wonderful Calvet Conversation wine (2006 Savignon Blanc), 15 gr of chicken and 7 tortellini
About redeeming the F ticket, I was just dreaming again...

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Why all the fuss about B-flex or B-light or codeshare or no-codeshare. Till there is no confirmation from both sites, then its only a guess.

But think about this. When some airline will codeshare with an other then I suppose that they have done some research. So also Jet Airways about SN. I suppose that 9W knew what SN offers. If not, then 9W made a mistake.

Ducatibiker

Post by Ducatibiker »

-the fuss is coming from the fact that at some point in time, it was announced by B.Air that there would be some code share.
-Tallking about research, here is another case of typical 'mess'. If you go on the Swiss Web site, try to book between Geneva and Brussels. It is clearly mention that flights are operated by B.Air and yet...you could book in J or Z which are both ...business class. There is also a Eco Flex fare - booking class M.
Details, details.....you could be happy that some passengers are pointing out what does not work.

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

Hi everybody.
So there is no news here and the people working for Bru Air do you now something?
Regards
Patrice
Hasta la victoria siempre.

AirDupont

Post by AirDupont »

Hi,

I'm in NY at the moment and took 9W to come here. I have to say that I have never experienced such a good service. I have worked for QR and NH and they don't come even close concerning service.I sat in Y-class and there were at least 7cabin crew members working there. SN is very lucky to have them as a partner.
The codeshare starts on the 28th of August.

Greetz

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

HI Airdupont.
How was the load factor on this flight?
And thax for the answer.
Ciao
Patrice

Ducatibiker

Post by Ducatibiker »

Nothing on B.air web site - does not look like they take reservations for those flights on W9

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

Hi Dukatibiker.
Yes Mumbai is in the reservation system with very good prices.But not in the timetable.
Regards
Patrice

OrientThai

Post by OrientThai »

Thanks for the information AirDupont.
And indeed BOM can be booked now on B.air website with good prices (less than 600€ for a round-trip ticket! )

Established02

Post by Established02 »

I have an acquantaince who lives in Tilburg, Holland, which is somewhat halfway between Brussels and Amsterdam. Today she departed with 9W out of BRU to EWR. About 450 EUR for a return with 9W was the cheapest deal she could find on the internet, about 200 EUR cheaper than whatever was available out of AMS.

AirDupont

Post by AirDupont »

Y class had about 25-30 empty seats, have no idea about C and F but think C was quite full as well because most of the seats looked used when I deplaned.

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

Hi
Do we now when they start to code-share on the SN flight's.
Regards
Patrice

OO-SAB

Post by OO-SAB »

lumumba wrote:Do we know when they start to code-share on the SN flights.
It's done already.

1) 9W flights to/from Mumbai also carry an SN code (SN8121/2). 9W flights to EWR are not codeshared because of the SN agreement with AA.

2) Some SN flights to/from BHX, GVA, ... also carry an 9W code.
OO-SAB

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

Hi SAB.
It's correct for the Mumbay flight's but not for the SN flight's..

Regards.
Pat

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

Yes indeed. Some time ago BRUAirport showed also codeshare flights on Geneva, Birmingham, Madrid, Oslo and Stockholm. But they disappeared. At least on their website, don't know real situation.

Danny

JOVAN

Post by JOVAN »

DannyVDB wrote:Yes indeed. Some time ago BRUAirport showed also codeshare flights on Geneva, Birmingham, Madrid, Oslo and Stockholm. But they disappeared. At least on their website, don't know real situation.

Danny
The timetable June-August 2007 (first version) showed Delhi, Mumbai and Toronto as new destinations.
The present pdf timetable from SN's website also showed it before, but not anymore now.

On the pictures of the Jet Airways reception, you see posters with European destinations that 9W offered/wanted to offer via Brussels.
Nothing like this on their website.

Short love story apparently.

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

On the other side, this does not mean that there won't come arrangements in the next couple of weeks/months.

Danny