Troubles at Brussels Airlines? Solved!!! Part III

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

OO-VEX

Post by OO-VEX »

According to 'De Standaard', an agreement was reached between the pilots, the unions and the management of Brussels Airlines.
So this trouble is solved and may I remind everyone :arrow: without striking! It seems there are people smart enough to know that other means of action can also lead to an agreement. From now on, people don't have to fear a flight cancellation and therefore don't need rebooking their flights. I hope SN will now have the time to proove itself and the new strategy & concept.
The S(u)N is shining again! 8)

brusselsairlinesfan

Post by brusselsairlinesfan »

OO-VEX wrote:According to 'De Standaard', an agreement was reached between the pilots, the unions and the management of Brussels Airlines.
So this trouble is solved and may I remind everyone :arrow: without striking! It seems there are people smart enough to know that other means of action can also lead to an agreement. From now on, people don't have to fear a flight cancellation and therefore don't need rebooking their flights. I hope SN will now have the time to proove itself and the new strategy & concept.
The S(u)N is shining again! 8)
Hey !

Very good news indeed ! A kind of "compromis à la belge" isnt'it ? ;-)

Veel Success to brussels airlines !!!

Vincent - F-Paris

FLY4HOURS.BE

Post by FLY4HOURS.BE »

Yeah this company has a great future ahaead of it

Wish our national carrier all the best!
Fly4hours, making the path to airline pilot affordable to all

blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

The rotationtime will go from 40 to 30 minutes, extra pilots will be hired.

http://tijdnet.tijd.be/nieuws/ondernemi ... Id=2912812

euroflyer

Post by euroflyer »

If this is true, congratulations to everybody involved :lol:

I hope all at bru.air can start to concentrate now again on the business and to be passionate about us, the customers :lol:

If somebody could post some details about the deal that would of course be very interesting 8)
Star Alliance Gold / LH Senator
A300 A318 A319 A320 A321 A340 B737 B747 B757 B767 MD81 MD82 MD90 Tu134 IL18 BAe146 RJ85 RJ100 CRJ200 CRJ700 CRJ900 ERJ145 E170 E195 F50 F70 F100 ATR42 ATR72 Q300 Q400
http://my.flightmemory.com/euroflyer

Johan23

Post by Johan23 »

A pitty for those who changed tickets for no reason. If you fear a strike you should never take the train nore the bus either in Belgium. I am vey happy it didn't come to a strike...
No let's discuss fleet renewal. Any hard rumours about that?

Cheers

BrusselsAirlines

Post by BrusselsAirlines »

Woops, I guess that aggreement sounds like 'a kat in ne zak!!'
extra pilots will be hired
SOLD OUT!

For the moment all available qualified newbee pilots have been contacted and they are all scheduled for training up to the summer - these are even guys who have been called back from as early as 2002, then it will be finito - this recruitment of the last half year has not even been enough to keep up the (17% was what I have heard...) of people that left the company over the last year...+ how do you replace experienced +4000hr captains with 250hr FO's??

I hope Vandeputte will realise the seriousness of this situation - an airline without pilots... :?

This is really serious stuff to think about if we wanna keep our companies in the air - and the management/delegates are quarelling about 10' and a few euro's...

Is this sad or a big :D ? I don't know...