Hi guys

This is the place to hang out when you have finished your aviation related discussions, please remain always friendly and respectful against each other! Offensive and/or racist remarks are not allowed.
Toaster

Hi guys

Post by Toaster »

Hello Luchtzak members,

I'm a 27-year-old translator living in Brussels. I'm an avid traveller and I like planes but I'm too lazy to ever go planespotting, and besides, getting anywhere near BRU runways on public transport is a major pain in the a**... :wink: So for now my only hands-on experience of aviation has been my mouse in my right hand and a beer in the left 8) I've been shamelessly indulging in voyeurism on Luchtzak.be for months now until I realized :idea: that someone here could actually help me with a sort of aviation-related problem I have that's threatening my sanity. I don't know where else to post this so here goes:

I can't book a flight on either brusselsairlines.com or skyeurope.com. ALL of the dozens of airlines' websites I've tried work fine, including Virgin Express and SN! After choosing the date/destination/bla bla, the page goes blank after 5 to 20 (!) minutes of "loading". I have an up-to-date computer with XP and Firefox and an ADSL connection at Tele2, but the aforementioned sites didn't work on IE, Opera, and Maxthon, either. All cookies are enabled and nothing changes when I disable my firewall.

This may sound like a trivial annoyance but I'm becoming a reclusive maniac obsessed with the curse of that ONLY I seem to have. Even my parents' old yellow computer gets the job done. So my question is: do Sky Europe and Brussels Airlines use a new booking/ciphering technology that requires additional plugins? Mind you, I never get any error message, the page just goes blank. And these are the ONLY TWO SITES in the universe that just won't work on my computer. Does anybody else experience this? I'm sick and tired of calling friends whenever I want to check the prices to Krakow/Athens/Whatever. Please help!!! :cry:

Thank you/Dank U/Merci/Gracias, etc... :wink:

Toaster

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Welcome to Luvhtzak, toaster. Enjoy our website.

I hope somebody among our readers will be able to solve your problem, but it might be preferable to post it on our "Airline experience" forum.
André
ex Sabena #26567

cataplasma

Re: Hi guys

Post by cataplasma »

Hi Toaster,

Unfortunatelly, I do not have he solution to this problem, however I experience exactly the same issue, with the same mental helth threatning effects :dammit:

I ended up buying my ticket on http://www.smartwings.net/en/ instead. But I too, am now obsessed :shock: with solving this curse :twisted: .I have found on the internet many people asking the same question but no answers :roll: .

If nothing else you are not the only one. In case it could help you, in the FAQ on skyeurope's web are some tips, which did not helped me, yet you might want to check this out, in case you have not tried already: http://www1.skyeurope.com/en/default.aspx?CatID=93&id=6

Good luck, if anyone knows more, please, pretty please, let us know :kvole:
Thanks,
Cataplasma

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

Welcome here toaster :wink:
Aum Sweet Aum.

HAWK21M

Post by HAWK21M »

Welcome.
regds
MEL
Think of the Brighter Side!!!

Toaster

Post by Toaster »

Hi guys,

Thanks for your advice, Cataplasma, I wasn't aware of skyeurope's help page. Dind't work, however.... :cry: Anyway, the problem sort of took care of itself now because I'm so low on cash I won't be travelling anywhere in the foreseeable future... :dammit: When I booked a flight to Krakow back in May, I called Skyeurope and asked for help but their only answer to any question was "our website works fine" :? But if this P.I.T.A isn't gone the next time I try, I'll get myself an exorcist :devil2: :wink:

Cheers,

Toaster :mrgreen: