BBU-FCO-BBU on SkyEurope

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
nic_biso

BBU-FCO-BBU on SkyEurope

Post by nic_biso »

SkyEurope NE 210 BBU - FCO
Boeing 737-76N OM-NGG
19:15-20:25, actual times: 20:06-20:52
Flight duration: 1hr 46m
Seat: assigned 19F, moved to 18E
Load factor: 100 %
Gate: 1

I arrived at the airport around 17:15, exactly 2 hours before the scheduled departure time. Even if it was Friday, which is supposed to be one of the busiest days at Bucharest Aurel Vlaicu Airport (BBU), the terminal wasn’t busy at all. The check-in process was fairly quickly, then I passed through immigration. By the time I entered the security / boarding area in the terminal, it was already dark outside and I didn’t bother trying to get some pictures with the runway. My flight to Rome was second to last, which was a Blue Air flight to Malaga.
When boarding began, I showed my boarding pass and got into the bus. There were 2 buses because the passengers were divided in 2 groups, the front of the aircraft and the rear. I was in the second bus, since I had one of the seats in the rear of the aircraft. We were transported on that very short distance between the terminal building and the aircraft and finally boarded the plane. We were greeted by one of the (blond) cabin crew ladies.
We took-off on runway 07, very steep climb and then we headed westbound, towards Italy. Our route was Bucharest – Belgrade – Sarajevo – Split – Pescara – Rome (the pilots told us the approximate route). On the flight there were lots of Romanians but some Italians too. There was an uneventful flight, with just 2 small bumps. Too bad, since I would have liked to get some ‘action’...
We approached Rome Fiumicino Airport from north, so we landed on runway 16R. We waited some time to get off the plane, passed through immigration, no questions asked. I got my luggage and I went at the train station to get the Leonardo Express to Termini Station. Being quite late, I had to purchase my train tickets at the automatic machines installed in the station. The ticket was 11 euros, which is quite expensive compared to other airports in Europe. It’s quite a rip-off, since in Paris CDG I paid 8 euros.

SkyEurope NE 211 FCO - BBU
Boeing 737-76N OM-NGG
15:30-18:45, actual times: 15:50-18:34
Flight duration: 1hr 44m
Seat: assigned 23A, moved to 23B
Load factor: 100 %
Gate: C24

I arrived at the airport 3 hours earlier because I had to check-out from my hotel at 11:00, I had nothing to do anymore so I took the train to the airport. Anyway I wanted to be there earlier so I could get dome pictures of the terminal and also some aircrafts. When I was on the train I saw a Ryanair 737-800, which was on final approach at Ciampino Airport. I got to the airport, at terminal B, I checked-in about 2hr30m before my flight. I got through security and immigration and I killed some time in the shops. Even though I checked-in at terminal B, my flight departed from terminal C, so I took an air-train, similar to the train from the JFK airport. That area of the terminal was pretty much like a mall, having all the famous Italian brands, with some very high prices.
The activity in the terminal wasn’t exactly what I expected, but I saw plenty of planes taking-off from runway 25.
Boarding began at 15:00. This aircraft was the same I took to get to Rome (OM-NGG). Next to my aircraft there were 2 other SkyEurope aircrafts (OM-NGH ad OM-NG?). There were 3 flights, scheduled to depart at the same time, to BBU, BTS and BUD.
We took-off from runway 25, the view was extraordinary, passing over the sea and then we headed eastbound. From my window I saw central Rome, with San Pietro Square, the Colloseum and Termini Station. I also saw the mountains but for a very short while, because most of my flight was with lots of clouds underneath, so nothing to see over the Adriatic Sea or Croatia. Maybe next time.
I arrived in Bucharest ahead of schedule, I passed through immigration and waited to get my luggage. I got it and then I left the terminal. When I got outside, I felt a small temperature shock, since in Rome there were 18 degrees and in Bucharest around 4.

Over all, the whole experience was a very nice one, SkyEurope offering a great service in my opinion. The cabin crew are very attentive and carrying, and very cute as well. These new B737-700NG are just great, with comfy leather seats.

You can see some of my pictures here: http://forum.flightsim.ro/viewtopic.php?t=947

sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Post by sab319 »

nice report! thx for sharing

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Very interesting report. Especially for a route between airport not often reported here.

Thanks. We look forward to receiving more of such reports.
André
ex Sabena #26567

eudokia

Post by eudokia »

Nice to read your report. I wonder why you changed twice from a window seat to a B and E seat and even to another row on the outbound leg

nic_biso

Post by nic_biso »

eudokia wrote:I wonder why you changed twice from a window seat to a B and E seat and even to another row on the outbound leg
The reason is quite simple: I was together with my girlfriend on both flights, and with other 3 friends on the outbound flight. So we kind of changed seats.
I am usually very lucky when it comes to getting a window seat and it happened to me all the time to get it, even if I could reserve it on the internet, ask the check-in agent or just luck. But this time, I let my girlfriend stay on the window seat, so she could enjoy more the whole experience of flying. She also discovered that she loves flying and also taking lots of pictures. So I just got myself a spotter-lady. Lucky me! :D
Cheers.

nic_biso

Post by nic_biso »

I finally had some of my photos published:
FCO aerial view
737-76N window view
Terminal B
Tarmac indicators

SKyEurope OM-NGH
CSA OK-YGU
EuroFly I-EEZL
Alitalia I-BIKF
FCO view

Rome from above
Before landing at BBU
Cabin view
Emirates 777-300

I don’t know if I’m allowed to post these links here… If I’m not, the moderators are obviously more than welcomed to erase this post.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

nic_biso wrote:I don’t know if I’m allowed to post these links here… If I’m not, the moderators are obviously more than welcomed to erase this post.
Always allowed to post links to other sites. Not images from other sites...
André
ex Sabena #26567