New big RJ-s

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

chornedsnorkack

New big RJ-s

Post by chornedsnorkack »

Now that all E-jets are in service, and the only announced developments of Embraer are Phenom VLJ and E190 Lineage private jet, what are the new big RJ projects in development,
anything wider than E-jets but narrower than 737:

Bombardier C-series
Antonov An-148
Sukhoi Superjet
ARJ-21
Rekkof
Mitsubishi

6 known projects in various stages of development, here.

Any updates of what each of the 6 above would be like, what the current state of progress is and when they are due?

ElcoB

Post by ElcoB »

Certification of An-148 Airplane Completed (Dec.2006) for CIS-market.

Ukraine will certify the An-148 for the European market.
Possibilities for certification of the An-148 airplane have been discussed with the management of the European Aerospace Defense concern (EADS). “The An-148 is one of the most competitive-capable airplanes; therefore, we are continuing its certification.transport minister N. Rud’kovskiy declared 15 dec.2006.

First An-148 to be delivered in first quarter of 2007.

Known orders so far :

Russia: 48
* Polet 20
* Pulkovo 18
* KrasAir 10

Ukraine : 33
* Aerosvit 10
* South Airlines 6
* DonbasEnergo 5
* Ukrainian Air Transportation Company 3
* Lugansk Airlines 2
* Ilyich Avia 2
* Air Urga 2
* Crimea-Trial 2
* "ЕES-avna" 1

Kazakhstan: 8
* Berkut Air 1
* Scat Air 7

TOTAL 81 Image

regi

Post by regi »

Rekkof is not realistic - see previous remarks of the last 100 years about historical airships.

Buzz

Post by Buzz »

I read somewhere Bombardier may launch the Cseries afterall this year. We'll have to wait and see...

PS: 1000th post :)

vc-10

Post by vc-10 »

regi, Rekkof is trying to re-start the Fokker F100 production line, not build airships. If they could re-engine it, then it could be really competetive. I belive that it almost matches the E-195 on costs, though it does lack the range.

fokker_f27

Post by fokker_f27 »

vc-10 wrote:regi, Rekkof is trying to re-start the Fokker F100 production line, not build airships. If they could re-engine it, then it could be really competetive. I belive that it almost matches the E-195 on costs, though it does lack the range.
This project isn't going very far though. They have been "working" on this aircraft for years now, and look at they're rather pothatic website at the moment... Sad story, I had high expectations for this type.

About the an 148: I'm sure this airliner will be a big success in former Sovjet countries and maybe some third world countries. Who knows if it proves itself it might enter service in western countries some day, although it will really have to prove itself first. In fact, there might be a flew virtually flying in Belgium sometime. *hint hint* :lol:

For the Superjer (former RRJ) I expect the same as the An-148.
The most sexy girl in the sky: The Sud-Est Caravelle 12.

Buzz

Post by Buzz »

Didn't Rekkof set 2 final dates for themselfs that passed some time ago without any news? I do not know why they would want to trow any more money at it...

ElcoB

Post by ElcoB »

First Prototype of Superjet-100 Arrives in Moscou at Central Aerohydrodynamic Institute 26/01/07 for Static Tests.
:arrow: tests will begin in mid-March and should end in August
- Russia is set to build 700 state-of-the-art passenger airliners, a deputy prime minister said Monday.

He said the average service life for long haul jets operated by Russian air carriers has reached 18 years, and 30 years for regional jets, making it imperative to reconstitute the domestic fleet of civilian aircraft with 100 new planes every year.

Ivanov said Russia is set to build 700 state-of-the-art passenger airliners, in particular the SuperJet 100, by 2015
:arrow: MOSCOW, January 29 (RIA Novosti)
As part of efforts to renovate Russia's ageing airliner fleet and raise the industry's global competitiveness, the government has recently launched several ambitious projects, including plans to build SuperJet-100 and MS-21 regional medium-haul airliners.

Serial production of the SuperJet-100, a regional airliner in the 60- to 95-seat category with an average flight range of 1,750 kilometers (1,088 miles), will begin in 2008.

The MS-21, designed to seat between 130 and 170 passengers and to fly up to 5,000 kilometers (3,125 miles), enters service in 2012
:arrow: United Aircraft Building Corporation. Image
:arrow: JSC "A.S.Yakovlev Design Bureau" and "Ilyshin" presents

It looks like the Russian ambition is growing.....