INN-CDG on .... read yourself ....

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Jumbolino

INN-CDG on .... read yourself ....

Post by Jumbolino »

I bought online one return tkt on KLM for 11th of November and back on 21st
of November
INN-AMS-CDG-INN.

KL2872 dep 11:35 INN op by Air Alps Aviation
KL1237 dep 14:10 AMS arrival CDG 15:20
On both cold and warm drinks and a snack roll

Well due to the case that KLM Austria didn't sent me any latest check
in times and no terminal description only the plain flight numbers and date
and Air Alps desk from where I fetched the tkt on 6th of november wasn't
helpful either in this case (in fact first they sent me a confirmation that
I should fetch my tkt on SZG airport which I refused)
I arrived on INN airport 10:30 for check in but there was written that my
flight will be delayed until 13:15, I hurried to the KLM / Air Alps desk and
they rebooked me on AF 1941 16:50 dep from AMS, afterwards I checked in and I didn't get a second boarding pass and the boarding pass for the
outbound flight indicated that boarding will be done 12:45. Due to the reason that they didn’t gave me a voucher or something else I called my father in law if he could fetch me from the airport because I have to kill additional 2:15 he did and I came back 12:30, and heard a few minutes later that I should contact Air Alps / KLM desk. There they explained me that the flight is cancelled (not repairable aircraft) and that they have to rebook me again;
and they had to search for my luggage; which I have gotten back rapid.
Afterwards they thought about the possibilities and I have gotten two
papers (flight interruption) and they send me to the LH/OS check in counter with it.
There again some confusion was because the paper they gave me said that I was (re-re-) booked on OS and from FRA on LH but there was also a booking onto the 16:00 AF flight (I think meanwhile also cancelled, because it WAS upon arrival). Well got my luggage checked in and two boarding passes for OS 5283
INN-FRA and LH 4226 FRA-CDG in business class because the flight was fully booked.
Boarding would be done by 13:25 and it was still 12:45 so I tried to get
this time a voucher I had gotten a generous voucher for 2.50 EUR cup of coffee (!)
Austrian Arrows operated outbound flight and they charged for drinks (!)
and food (!) so I was on the road since 10:30 meanwhile it was 14:30 landing in FRA was 15:10 and I had gotten one lousy coffee on the airport and I did not receive any food.
Landing in FRA was in B so I had a long walk to A (two elevators !)
meanwhile the foot aches and LH dep on time on 15:55 for CDG (D-AILU); well, this flight was done very well (meat, fish, cheese and a glass of Chardonnay as well as a piece of cake and a chocolate) and on time but landing in CDG (touch down) was two minutes before 17:30.

After I had gotten my luggage back I contacted KLM desk and they gave me this address where I could claim some compensation for this inconvenience. Of course after coming back home I will scan in my taxi bill because after 8:30 hours (!) I was too tired to take the bus, and I will send KLM the bill (Taxi Parisiens Aéroport CDG Rue Lucien
Sampaix heure arrive 19:00 2 baggage 39 EUR.
Well if it is possible I like to have more compensation than only the
taxi bill, because within 8:30 I could drive with my car from INN to Paris.

Jumbolino.

PS:
meanwhile I've gotten today an answer from KLM (*wow* fast - that's good) that I should send everything to their customerrelations for Austria and Switzerland in Basel, which I will do - bank account included - which sounds nice in my ears

unfortunatly I had to leave Paris today (they don't have their machines ready so I should come again last week of november ....) I tried to rebook my return flight - impossible - no changeable and no refundable and this at a price of 312.97 EUR in 2000 I paid for the same (and there was a clear super-apex KLM only sticker on endorsement, which was not this time) 209 EUR (converted) and sometimes in 2000 LH had fares of 250 EUR which you could change with penatly (of course SR approx 450 was with a even higher - penalty, too) of course all converted to EUR, but good that I still have nearly all return receipts so I can see today that they increased their fares rapidly ....

well so the return trip was a train trip and this only to switzerland because OEBB is still on strike and next time I'll go by car to munich because I could have for tomorrow morning a one was CDG-CGN-MUC for whopping 90 EUR ;-)
well I paid 65 EUR for SNCF and the trip took exactly 7.5 hours -I beat KLM !!!! ok unfair because it was only to region nearby zurich ;-)

Avro

Post by Avro »

Very nice trip report like always.

Ciao
Chris
8)

Comet

Post by Comet »

Very good report Jumbolino, and I loved your photos, especially those of the mountains taken through the window.

Reminds me of when I flew to Cyprus when I was 7 - we flew over the Austrian Alps and that is one part of the flight I will always remember.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Hey, Jumbolino, that's some adventure, isn't it? Ar least you could enjoy a nice LH C class (with a good picture of airline meal: did you send it to Luchtzak?).

Hope to read more travel experiences from you. I enjoy!
André
ex Sabena #26567

Jumbolino

Post by Jumbolino »

Hello André,
yes, LH C-Class on LU was quite good (and very friendly staff !!!!!), and I didn't sent my airlinemeals to luchtzak yet, but I'll do - especially the empty desk of Austrian Arrows fits very well to this one Frederic (Sabena_690) had taken from Ryanair ;-)
And Ryanair is a lot cheaper ! Hopefully we'll see OS and LX (which do the same, highpriced tkt without any drinks and food in ECO) soon in the grave of malefunctional airlines to give good full frill or even good LCC's a chance to get their slots.

Jumbolino.

VC10

Post by VC10 »

Hi Jumbolino, how are you?

Loved your report, and lovely photos as well!!
The Voice of Freedom will never be silenced.

Trisha

Jumbolino

Post by Jumbolino »

Hi VC10,
Thanks, I'm still in switzerland and I'm fine.
Will look next days if my father in law could fetch me from here with my car which is (of course !) still parked in INN - because at the moment I won't think about another 4 hour train trip :(

Jumbolino.