OO-THA B747-400ERF TNT Airways Update

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

grnkg

Post by grnkg »

Aint she a beauty?

Kind regards,
GR.
Last edited by grnkg on 21 Dec 2006, 19:38, edited 7 times in total.

Mavke

Post by Mavke »

Hey Website thing ....

We are working in the aviation world , if you look first to my post you should see that LGE is the VOR-BEACON of Liege Airport Belgium !

a plane is always descending to a beacon, intersection,NDB or under atc vectoring not to a IATA code of an airport !

i was talking in atc langauge so i say LGE as everyone should know on here , -1 then it seems

any correction is always welcome.

mavke

grnkg

Post by grnkg »

Main cargo deck:

Kind regards,
GR.

grnkg

Post by grnkg »

At night:

Kind regards,
GR.

FANFLYER

Post by FANFLYER »

Goodevening,

Thanks for the pictures !
Hopefully we will see this bird in better weatherconditions.
Grnkg, Maastricht-spotters-club, thanks for the updates on this item !

And I put some money on (as a matter of speaking) :lol: on the job Grnkg does : I truly believe the fact he can't make any mistakes, so I guess this member is a traffic controller.

Greetz, Karl

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

The guy has some nice spots to take pictures, that's for sure :)

I'm looking forward to see more

Quene affaire a Lidge !

grnkg

Post by grnkg »

A few more:

I know it's poor quality, but I don't have such fancy equipment like most spotters have. Although I've been considering to buy the EOS 400D last weekend. Oh well, even the most expensive equipment can't make up for the poor weather conditions of this afternoon...

Kind regards,
GR.

b-west

Post by b-west »

Don't worry grnkg... the images speak for themselves, even taken without a fancy cam... she truly *is* a beauty.

Am I correct to understand that this is the first Belgian registered Boeing 747-400? (I know, it's a 747-400F)

grnkg

Post by grnkg »

b-west wrote:Am I correct to understand that this is the first Belgian registered Boeing 747-400? (I know, it's a 747-400F)
Not quite, back in 2002, TNT already had a 747-400F, registered OO-TJA.
But that was leased from Atlas Air and operations ceased after about 6 months.

So, no, it's not the first 747-400 on the Belgian register.

But it is the first 747-400 on the Belgian register, that is also owned by a Belgian operator.

I know that in most press releases about TNT's 747's you also hear the name Guggenheim Aviation Partners (an a/c lessor). But that's mostly because the deal with Boeing is for 4 747's, of which the last 2 (OO-THC and OO-THD) will be fully leased from Guggenheim. The first 2 (OO-THA and OO-THB) are fully owned by TNT Airways s.a. (society anonyme = company registered under Belgian law), at € 133 million a piece!

Kind regards,
GR.

RobK

Post by RobK »

Greetings all,

Does anyone know the UTC departure time ex PAE please (I've seen 0715 reported elsewhere but don't know if this is local, UTC or what) and also the callsign/ARCID please?

Thanks

Rob
http://www.seattle-deliveries.com (glad you liked the pics linked from me on page 1!)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Hi everybody,

Glad to see that many of you (especially grnkg) made this site the best choice for news on the new TNT bird.

Keep up the good work.
André
ex Sabena #26567

grnkg

Post by grnkg »

RobK wrote:Does anyone know the UTC departure time ex PAE please (I've seen 0715 reported elsewhere but don't know if this is local, UTC or what) and also the callsign/ARCID please?

Thanks

Rob
Hi Rob,

ATD was 06:15 UTC

Kind regards,
GR.

b-west

Post by b-west »

grnkg wrote:
b-west wrote:Am I correct to understand that this is the first Belgian registered Boeing 747-400? (I know, it's a 747-400F)
Not quite, back in 2002, TNT already had a 747-400F, registered OO-TJA.
But that was leased from Atlas Air and operations ceased after about 6 months.

So, no, it's not the first 747-400 on the Belgian register.

But it is the first 747-400 on the Belgian register, that is also owned by a Belgian operator.

I know that in most press releases about TNT's 747's you also hear the name Guggenheim Aviation Partners (an a/c lessor). But that's mostly because the deal with Boeing is for 4 747's, of which the last 2 (OO-THC and OO-THD) will be fully leased from Guggenheim. The first 2 (OO-THA and OO-THB) are fully owned by TNT Airways s.a. (society anonyme = company registered under Belgian law), at € 133 million a piece!

Kind regards,
GR.
Thanks for the info! Very complete.

And kudos to TNT! They seem to be doing quite well, maybe it's just my impression but I get the idea I see more and more of their delivery vans and trucks around the country.

Philippe1983

Post by Philippe1983 »

Does somebody know the exact route it used ? :)

Ernest_K_Gann

Post by Ernest_K_Gann »

I think some people would still like to know what position grnkg holds at TNT... Me being one of them.

Flying-Belgian

Post by Flying-Belgian »

Ernest_K_Gann wrote:I think some people would still like to know what position grnkg holds at TNT... Me being one of them.
What does it change ???

As long as his infos are correct and relevant...

FB.

Tommypilot

Post by Tommypilot »

Flying-Belgian wrote:As long as his infos are correct and relevant...
And...posted on luchtzak.be :wink:
Tommy
The word "impossible" is not in my dictionary! - Napoleon Bonaparte

Ernest_K_Gann

Post by Ernest_K_Gann »

A bold statement in the lines of "making mistakes in my line of work could cost lives" tends to make people curious.

Grnkg's silence in this matter says it all, of course.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

He gave just information about the arrival of the new B747-400 of TNT Airways. Nothing more, nothing less.

About his "silence", that's not difficult to explain because there are not that much people who work for TNT Airways certainly when you compare between labor and employees.

More important is that the B747-400 is here and can start now the new line to China and other routes.

grnkg

Post by grnkg »

Guys, cut it out! You're all waaaay off topic.

Anyway, at last, there was some sunshine at LGG on Friday, and I took the opportunity to make another few shots:

Kind regards,
GR.