Help needed for all info regarding NM572 10/12 (Air Madrid)

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

A318

Help needed for all info regarding NM572 10/12 (Air Madrid)

Post by A318 »

Hi all
I really need some help here since I am running into troubles to get my mom in law to AMS. What is going on, my mom in law should travel today from LIM to MAD with Air Madrid, flight NM572 and connects later in the evening from MAD to AMS with Iberia IB3244. However she received a phonecall that the flight will be delayed with Air Madrid from aprox 11,5 hours!!!!!!!!!!
This is having major consequences since she will mis her Iberia flight to AMS and due to to that will be registered as no show which results in a cancellation from the whole ticket which means her flight back from AMS to MAD will not be valid anymore, it was a return ticket, lowest fare and no refund or changes are allowed!

Okay now I need some help here, the flight to LIM from MAD is not even departed yet, NM571 and I called to MAD but nobody can give me any information. When I know the delay from the NM571 I know also what kind of delay we canexpect from the NM572, which is the flight my mom in law is on. Since a lot of people here maybe have better information or know people that can provide more information I want to ask you to help me find out what is going on in MAD with the NM571 from today 10/12/06 and what will be the follow up for the LIM-MAD NM572.
Any info and/or help is welcome, we already booked a Ryanair flight now from MAD to EIN on the 12th as a backup plan.

I hope you can help me out here!

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

A318

Post by A318 »

This is the latest info I found on the site from MAD:

NM571
AIR MADRID

Vuelo MADRID-BARAJAS - LIMA

Origen
MADRID-BARAJAS

Fecha 10/12/2006
Hora programada 13:00
Hora estimada 16:40
Destino LIMA
A Whole Different Animal

elnombre

Post by elnombre »

Erwin
The DRD571/NM571 got airborne at 1608 UTC (Add one hour for local) bound for SBFZ (Fortaleza) and then I guess onwards to Lima. This flight is being flown by EI-IGC B752 AEY (Air Italy). It is estimating Fortaleza at 2316 UTC.
I would imagine that they can make up a bit of time if they get favourable winds and a switched on crew.
At this time (1730 CET) there is no plan filed which for the NM572 but there is another flight from Fortaleza due in tomorrow morning at 0846 CET with the flight number DRD1262. This is being flown by EI-IGB and left Madrid early this morning. I don't think this is your flight.
Hope this helps
El Nombre

SN30952

MAD-LIM in B757, 12h30min non stop

Post by SN30952 »

Do I see this correctly in Amadeus:
Air Madrid
NM 571 Barajas (MAD) Terminal 1 12:00 - J Chavez International (LIM), Lima 18:30
Non-stop / 757 12h30min

NM 572 J Chavez International (LIM), Lima 20:30 - Barajas (MAD), Terminal 1 14:00 next day
Non-stop / 757 11h30min

(NM) Air Madrid 572
And follow situation there.

Air Madrid 571
MAD
Scheduled: Sun - Dec 10, 2006 12:00 PM
Estimated: Sun - Dec 10, 2006 02:30 PM (runway) that's the latest that was published....
LIM
Scheduled: Sun - Dec 10, 2006 06:30 PM
My ETA: Sun - Dec 10, 2006 add the delay of MAD
Add turn around (02:00) and calculate arrival in MAD.

Lima Airports Departures

SN30952

Post by SN30952 »

COMPAÑÍA VUELO FECHA HORA PROGRAMADA HORA ESTIMADA CIUDAD OBSERVACION
AIR MADRID NM 571 10/12/2006 18:30 01:07 MADRID CONFIRMADO

(Not easy to find, indeed! The Lima airport website shows: Lima Airport Fligth Information, and does not answer to Flight Information so one needs Spanish to get through)

A318

Post by A318 »

Hi all

Well after I don't know how many phonecalls and emails to Air Madrid and a lot of patience finaly my mom in law is here (everything has always a good and a bad side ;) )

The plane (a 757?) arrived at 01:00 in LIM which was too late to depart again.
Airport opens at 05:00 and they departed at 05:30 and yes again a stop in Fortaleza Brasil!!!!! This is amazing since the flight supposed to be directly. They have two reasons for it, refueling and they always call it a technical stop.
When a delay is caused due to a technical stop they don't have to pay the €600,- per passengers so this is a very smart way way of operating.

Regulation (EC) No 261/2004 of the European Parliament says the following:

Right to compensation
1. Where reference is made to this Article, passengers shall receive compensation amounting to:

(a) EUR 250 for all flights of 1500 kilometres or less;
(b) EUR 400 for all intra-Community flights of more than 1500 kilometres, and for all other flights between 1500 and 3500 kilometres;
(c) EUR 600 for all flights not falling under (a) or (b).

3. The compensation referred to in paragraph 1 shall be paid in cash, by electronic bank transfer, bank orders or bank cheques or, with the signed agreement of the passenger, in travel vouchers and/or other services.

So they make a "technical" stop in Fortaleza and this amount of money is saves, sneaky but smart.
Anyway what they did arrange cost them also a huge amount of money:

- Two busses from and to the Airport
- The *****Sheraton hotel in Lima for one night for all passengers inclusive a full buffet.
- 1x 3 minute phonecall in Lima and 1x 3 minute phonecall in Madrid.
- Voucher for food in Madrid
- New connecting tickets with KLM to/from AMS since the ones from Iberia were not valid anymore. ( as i explained she was registered as a NO SHOW and then you loose the whole ticket, also the way back !!!!)

When I calculate all this Air Madrid is not making money at all on this trip and this is happening every day over and over again, how long will they survive?

So everybody thanks for you info and now all going to a wonderful christmas/new year ;)

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

I read that it is possible that the Spanish government will withdraw Air Madrids Flight license.

Air Madrid has a really bad reputation so it doens't suprise me at all.
Best regards,

Airbuske

SN30952

Post by SN30952 »

A318 wrote:Hi all
Well after I don't know how many phonecalls and emails to Air Madrid and a lot of patience finaly my mom in law is here (everything has always a good and a bad side ;) )
Greetz, Erwin
Yes, we can imagine that... Merry Xmas, or is it Feliz Navidad..

A318

Post by A318 »

Both atcually, only now we have to figure out when and how she will go back to Lima since Air Madrid lost his license today :(
I have to keep following the developments these days to see if they will continue some routes or that passengers will be transfered to other airlines due to IATA regulations, i will keep my fingures crossed.

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal

SN30952

Post by SN30952 »

A318 wrote:i will keep my fingures crossed. Greetz, Erwin
Owe :shock: Erwin, i'll kneep in my sheikh.
I see you crossed your fingers already :lol: :lol:
I too will keep an eye (not crossed!) on the evolution of that situation.
But how can MN come out of the rut...
Maintenance of these aircraft is not a matter of days, or even weeks.

If your Mom in L. purchased her ticket in a IATA travel agency, on a IATA document, there is hope. Because the MN accounts can be blocked and the money transfered to the (future) transporting carriers. Otherwise she may have lost 50% of her ticket.

A318

Post by A318 »

At this moment I found back all email addresses and fax number from Air Madrid.
Their webpage is gone so I had to dive into internet to find it all back.
I send emails to all departments and also faxes to their offices in Madrid en here in the Netherlands.
I am very curious what will come out since they are not bankrupt and there is money to take action.
I will keep you posted and please if anybody has information that can help me keep me posted too ;)

Greetz,

Erwin
A Whole Different Animal