Brussels airlines: logo and colours

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Patatje_ wrote:I have added a new series of pictures of the launch event in H117 on my website www.sntechnics.be .
they were taken by a colleague of my...
Thanks for your input. On these last pics the dots of the B look yellow, which is not bad at all :!: :wink:
André
ex Sabena #26567

Jean

Post by Jean »

I am sorry to say this, but what's with all the people crying about an S-tail and the name Sabena. If you ask me: Sabena has a name which reminds me of mismanagement and waisting money all over the place. And that idea is recognized all over the world by airline experts (no matter how good the service was)

I don't see any good reason why people all over the globe, or at least Europe, should constantly be reminded of that airline. Seems to me a lot of Ex-Sabeniens still haven't fully closed the book on their former employer...

Sorry guys, but that is about time, this is a new airline, with little or no bondings with Sabena, live with it.

And it's indeed unfortunate that the SN IATA sign is kept, it makes the input of Virgin Express even smaller then it already was...

Good luck to Brussels airlines, i look forward seeing al the birds painted in one bright livery!

Robin_Bamps

Post by Robin_Bamps »

Here it is seen arriving from LGW this morning on runway 25L in nice sunshine :

:arrow: http://www.planepictures.net/netshow.php?id=553296

Nice job ! I like it more every time I see it ! Also the blue tail is remarkable darker than SNBA's and the belly remarkably lighter than SNBA's.

Regards, Robin Bamps.
Last edited by Robin_Bamps on 10 Nov 2006, 13:31, edited 1 time in total.

speedbird1

Post by speedbird1 »

Well I've just seen it on Huldenberg departure, very nice too! Much better than the current scheme, good job Brussels Airlines!

Emirates

blackbox

Post by blackbox »

I can't wait to see the A330's and 737's in these colors...

But I still think the 'b' on the tail is TOO BIG to be elegant.

Patatje_

Post by Patatje_ »

Cargo doors on the LH side???

nice mod for Airbus :-)
Visit www.batechnics.com ! (Belgian Aviation Technics)

Jean

Post by Jean »

blackbox wrote:I can't wait to see the A330's and 737's in these colors...

But I still think the 'b' on the tail is TOO BIG to be elegant.
It is quite big but what i really like is that you can see both the symbols on the tail and on the fuselage, very nice (my opinon)

And of course this should look great on the A330's

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

A few pictures from the Press Conference in the afternoon, and the Trade Event in the evening:

SN Brussels Airlines and Virgin Express staff pulling the A319 into the hangar (no kidding, but during the first meters you really had to pull the aircraft! I did not believe it during the Press Conference, but experienced it myself during the official presentation of the aircraft at the Trade Event in the evening):

The new logo, which is eye-catching and impressive if you are standing next to it (I really like the new livery):

Smiling VEX & SN cabin crew during a photo shoot:

Pushback after the Press Conference, to put the aircraft into position for the Trade Event:

Good luck, Brussels Airlines!
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

A318

Post by A318 »

Sorry but it still looks to me like they used all colours that were left to cover the changed parts.
Maybe it will take time but I can not be excited about the livery at all.
A Whole Different Animal

TWA

Post by TWA »

Don't worry, it will become even more famous and popular than the S-tail.

AlexanderM

Post by AlexanderM »

TWA wrote:Don't worry, it will become even more famous and popular than the S-tail.
I really doubt that. I think the S-tail is really beautiful, whereas the b-tail just looks cheap and too low-cost. Just because they sell cheap tickets doesn't mean they need an ugly livery.

Duke

Post by Duke »

After seeing pictures of OO-SSG in "real" flight and in full daylight (unfortunately not yet in real lifte), I must admit the new colorscheme is growing on me. The blue is indeed darker than SN's (and classier), the light blue is more grey and less purple than SN's (or are these impressions due to the daylight?).
However, after seeing these pictures, I thought they should have painted the whole upper part of the fuselage in the light grey-blue instead of the white. This would have given the aircraft an even more classy and quite unusual look.
Could somebody paintshop OO-SSG in these suggested colours?
Thanks,

Bruspotter

Post by Bruspotter »

Hi

Great pictures!!!

I'm starting to like the colors more and more , but I must admit it would have been a bit more colorfull fuselage if they would have just left the orange line on the fuse :roll: would have finished everything. Now the fuselage is just a bit too white/blue to my idea , but the color contrast on the tail is great.

Best regards: Yannick

fokker_f27

Post by fokker_f27 »

It's also finally starting to grow on me. I agree that they should have left the cheatline, then there is at least a bit more orange on the fuselage, like in the logo.
The most sexy girl in the sky: The Sud-Est Caravelle 12.

TWA

Post by TWA »

It's never too late to add an orange line...

I also heared a story about pax complaining about the "13" dots on the tail, are they going to change it to 14 or 12?

TCAS_climb

Post by TCAS_climb »

And remove the seats of row 13 too ?
;)

euroflyer

Post by euroflyer »

TCAS_climb wrote:And remove the seats of row 13 too ?
;)
You might want to know several airlines, incl LH for example, have no row 13 (well, they have one, but it is called 14 :wink: ). Same for "17", in some areas of the world that seems to have the same meaning as "13" ... :roll:
Star Alliance Gold / LH Senator
A300 A318 A319 A320 A321 A340 B737 B747 B757 B767 MD81 MD82 MD90 Tu134 IL18 BAe146 RJ85 RJ100 CRJ200 CRJ700 CRJ900 ERJ145 E170 E195 F50 F70 F100 ATR42 ATR72 Q300 Q400
http://my.flightmemory.com/euroflyer

OO-SBZ

Post by OO-SBZ »

blackbox wrote:I can't wait to see the A330's and 737's in these colors...
I hope we will get a good of the first ex-VEX 737-400 in BruAir's new corporate colours... very very soon :plane:

BeN :idea:

Philippe1983

Post by Philippe1983 »

TWA wrote: I also heared a story about pax complaining about the "13" dots on the tail...
If they're so superstitious, why don't they change the IATA designator from SN to something else...
Last edited by Philippe1983 on 19 Nov 2006, 22:13, edited 1 time in total.

FlyA330

Post by FlyA330 »

People at SN are already calling the new company "Smarties Airlines".

:lol: :lol: