MUC-DUS-MUC on DI

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
Jumbolino

MUC-DUS-MUC on DI

Post by Jumbolino »

MUC-DUS-MUC on dba

On saturday 1st of november (bank holiday in austria, bavaria as well as in North-rhin-westfalia) I took my car from INN to MUC airport,
and I didn't follow my navigation system, because it wants to show me the way to INN airport and not MUC until I changed the destination on the high of Kufstein (to somewhere munich city, because this fucking thing finds the mini-airport INN but not MUC Franz-Joseph-Strauss *grrrrrrrrrr*.
I was more then only early because I estimated traffic jam (was, but I leave the autoroute before and used streets nearby ....) and I wasn't sure where the cheap parking lots for holidays are and in which frequent the shuttle bus come (every 20 minute that's not that much - I know today).

Meanwhile dba is in Terminal 1 - A on munich airport, check-in was quick I have gotten seat number 22A - I asked for last row but the last row is blocked for children and believe me that had 4 or five unattendant children on this flight and it was very well booked (due to high load only one piece of hand luggage !). I checked in my trolley as well, because I had a bigger-purse and a small sack with me and this would be too much for most carriers and of course to much for an (half-) LCC.

DI 7092 01NOV 13:30 seat 22A
boarding was done by 13:15 but pushback was nearly on time and we landed more than early in DUS (21 minutes early to be correct) !
flight was a little bit cloudy and bumpy but I love it !

here is the bistro card -->
I had a cup of coffee and it was real difficult to drink it because of turbulences.
--> but I took a few pics of the clouds instead of enjoying the coffee :wink:
after landing in DUS I saw this one :roll:

after spending a few days in DUS, Neuss, Zons, Luxembourg City
http://62.141.61.176/juttaedith/dus_1103
and visiting my old working place at MGI today I had my flight back
DI 7089 05NOV 11:40 boarding time 11:10 - boarding was done by 11:20 or 11:25 but push back was exactly on 11:38 :lol:

gate B53 (instead of B55) seat 16A lightweight booked but far away from being empty.
I had a Tomatoe-Mozarella sandwich and the offered me to make it hot *wow* and the usual coffee
Landing was 10 minutes early and we had gotten our baggage quick (not so quick like in DUS because there I saw my luggage coming out before I reached the baggage belt *wow*)

Resumée: die bessere Alternative to some of well known german carriers they are for sure (booking was done 3 days in advance and I payed 150 EUR incl.)

and afterwards I had to wait 20 min. for the shuttle bus then a two hour ride home (terrible- so many freighter between Rosenheim and Kufstein and they often blocked the left side ...) but luckily found a parking lot in front of my house *uffz*.

Comments are as usual welcome :wink:

Jumbolino.
:oops:

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Thanks for nice report, Jumbolino. You did not say which aircraft operated your flights, although I guess it was a B737-300.

Another question: did you have to pay for your meals and drinks, and if so, how much?
André
ex Sabena #26567

Comet

Post by Comet »

Jumbolino - your reports are very detailed, and it is good to see more photos accompanying flight reports, but can you give more detail about your actual flight and a little less about your journey to the airport?
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

Jumbolino

Post by Jumbolino »

André,
yes, it was a 737-300
and I paid for food
Coffee is 2 EUR
Hot Sandwich 3 EUR
or a package Sandwich and Softdrink 4 EUR

Jumbolino.

Jumbolino

Post by Jumbolino »

Comet,

unfortunatly the flight itself was un-eventful except the turulences on the MUC-DUS route
the crew was friendly at a normal average,
ok - quite good is that both flights where early and that you don't pay too much for tkt, but it's not a "special" airline it's a LCC ;-)
of course the planes where very clean, but this seems to be usual for most LCC's (germanwings, InterSky the same, I think because they spend more to have leather seats it looks a lot better even if the aircraft is older)

Jumbolino.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Jumbolino wrote:Coffee is 2 EUR
You even had to pay for coffee :?: :evil:
André
ex Sabena #26567

Jumbolino

Post by Jumbolino »

André,
unfortunatly I had to pay for my coffee, but SN doesn't serve DUS anymore like Sabena did ages ago (last years before demise of Sabena DUS was served by Schreiner what I remember ...)
of course 150 EUR I paid for MUC-BRU-MUC on SNBA as well and I had gotten a sandwich a drink and a coffee FOR FREE :-)
but I booked 2 weeks in advance my SN flights and DI flights 3 days in advance :(

Jumbolino.

VC10

Post by VC10 »

Jumbolino, that is a good report I think, and your photos are nice. The one showing the wingtip against quite a dramatic sky is particularly striking!!

Incidentally, it's great to see posts from another woman on this forum as well as Comet (who is always on!!) and myself, who rarely puts in an appearance. It would be brilliant if more women joined wouldn't it?

And again, I loved your report and pics!!!!!
The Voice of Freedom will never be silenced.

Trisha

L-1011

Post by L-1011 »

Hi Jumbolino!
Nice trip report!

Do you remember the plane's registration? I know that dba has at least one ex-Sabena 737, maybe your's was one :)

ciao,
TriStar 8O

Jumbolino

Post by Jumbolino »

Hi all there,

yeah more women !!!!
my next trip-rep will come soon ;-)

Sorry I don't remeber the reg, because it was gate and not bus boarding which makes it quite difficult, but it was on the return flight one of the two fresh painted planes they own with only dba on the tail.

Jumbolino.

PS: "The one showing the wingtip against quite a dramatic sky is particularly striking!! "
--> was the best part of the trip ;-)

Avro

Post by Avro »

It's a very nice trip report jumbolino :wink: continue to post that many.

Ciao
Chris
8)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

OK guys and girls, enough! The game is over! I delete all the messages (including that of my wife!) which have nothing to do with the topic of this thread: the report of Jumbolino of her trip with DBA.
Last edited by sn26567 on 09 Nov 2003, 16:48, edited 3 times in total.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Jumbolino

Post by Jumbolino »

Hello André,

although most of the replies are totally off-topic it's funny to see how MANY female members luchtzak has :-)

Jumbolino - female as well - yeah you all know ....

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Jumbolino wrote:Jumbolino - female as well - yeah you all know ....
We saw it from the picture in your report. I guess it is you here?
André
ex Sabena #26567

Comet

Post by Comet »

:lol: Haha the censor strikes again! :lol: :lol:

It was a good report Jumbolino, and can more people who submit reports like this add photos, it makes it much more interesting to read.

I will be adding photos to my future reports when I get them scanned in.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

Jumbolino

Post by Jumbolino »

André, yes that's me - and have a close look onto my t-shirt - doesn't it fit pretty well to miss Jumbolino ?!

Louise, many thanks for your kind reply, although it's a business trip I packed my camera into my luggage for the upcoming KLM trip tomorrow and on 21st of november, maybe I get some nice pic's too which I can add ;-)

Jumbolino.

terenia

Post by terenia »

Congratulations, miss Jumbolino. Which airline is your T-shirt?

Jumbolino

Post by Jumbolino »

Hello Terenia,

It's a pic from flightline and in fact it's a BAe-146
and I made the T-shirt myself from the pic

Jumbolino.