IFE TUB B767

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

OO-TUC

IFE TUB B767

Post by OO-TUC »

TUB claims that all their aircraft are equiped with IFE, except the F100.
Looking at the cabin pictures of the B767 OO-TUC, i don't see the CRT monitors for the IFE. Does anybody know what exactly the IFE is inside the OO-TUC? Does it have

-old fashioned big screens with a beamer
-or modern style Next-Gen B737 with LCD screens that pop-up from the roof
-or small LCD screens located in the seats, like B777, A330
-or like some charter airlines as Martinair with a portable Digi-player?

Is the IFE in the Comfort Class the same as in the standard class?

Hopefully one of you does know the answers.

Duke

Post by Duke »

When I flew OO-TUC in February 2005 (Brussels-Varadero and Varadero-Cancun-Brussels), it just had an old-fashioned big screen in front of the cabin (Comfort Class), with a beamer.
Just a movie was shown; there was no moving map, no flight info on the screens. No small screens popping down from the ceiling.
Quite disappointing to me.
I didn't go to Economy class, but I guess it was the same.
Last edited by Duke on 25 Apr 2006, 19:28, edited 1 time in total.

OO-TUC

Post by OO-TUC »

Yes, i fully agree with you. Especially on the long flights, its nice to have a time-killing flight info with a map. Really a pity! Thnx for the answers btw!

TC-MNE

Post by TC-MNE »

I flew TUB to Agadir in February this year
Departure: B374: no IFE
Return: B738: no IFE

Jetairfly IFE??
I just call this one big lie, and a new kind of 'promotion stunt'

Jetair: nice TO, nice service, very nice destinations and hotels, but TERRIBLE flights...

vc-10

Post by vc-10 »

Do any other charter operators have good IFE?

OO-TUC

Post by OO-TUC »

vc-10 wrote:Do any other charter operators have good IFE?
Good question :twisted:

Personally i dont like the IFE of charters that much, i only like very much the flight info with map. On the charter flights of Martinair, Transavia and AirHolland (all Dutch) i have flown, the IFE was only a very soft non-interesting movie and no flight info. I guess the IFE is only getting interesting when the pax can choose what they want to see individually with an lcd screen in front of them in the seats.

OO-SBZ

Post by OO-SBZ »

TC-MNE wrote:Return: B738: no IFE

Jetairfly IFE??

Jetair: nice TO, nice service, very nice destinations and hotels, but TERRIBLE flights...
As far as I can remember one out of of JetAir's two Boeing 737-800s is fitted to drop-down flat tv-screens.

BeN :idea:

TC-MNE

Post by TC-MNE »

OO-SBZ wrote:
TC-MNE wrote:Return: B738: no IFE

Jetairfly IFE??

As far as I can remember one out of of JetAir's two Boeing 737-800s is fitted to drop-down flat tv-screens.

BeN :idea:
I flew OO-TUB and OO-VAC during my holidays

as far as I know, OO-VAS is equipped with those flat-screens (I remember it from the Sobelair-time)

OO-TUB was equipped with normal TV-screens, but none of them were working

don't know about VAC...

funki

Post by funki »

oo-tuc is very recently equiped with a new IFE system, last month with a moving map.
In comfort class you can get a personal digiplayer if you want.
Both of 737-800 are equiped with flatscreens, but not with the moving map software though...

OO-TUC

Post by OO-TUC »

funki wrote:oo-tuc is very recently equiped with a new IFE system, last month with a moving map.
In comfort class you can get a personal digiplayer if you want..
Thats good news :)

Did they do it simultiniously with the C-check of OO-TUC?

OO-TUC

Post by OO-TUC »

The OO-TUC has got beamers, both in comfort class & economy class. It also has got flight info with:

- time to fly
- distance to fly
- time
- temp
- height
- speed

It also got a moving map with a big world map and 2 more detailed in-zoom maps, showing also the already flown route.

Very very nice flight info!! It was lovely to have it on my flight to the Dom. Rep.!

BTW: The info about the personal digiplayer is not correct, they doesnt have it on board in the comfort class.

OO-TUC

KLM IFE

Post by OO-TUC »

The KLM is also updating its IFE, with individual screens in their B747 & M11 planes.

"De nieuwe vliegtuigen bieden de passagier meer comfort en persoonlijke keuzes. De vormgeving en producten aan boord zijn modern en voorzien van de nieuwste techniek, zoals het personal video on demand-systeem. Deze worden ook aangebracht in de bestaande Boeing 747-400 en MD-11 vloot." -->

http://www.klm.com/travel/corporate_nl/ ... /index.htm

Air2D2

Post by Air2D2 »

OO-TUC wrote:BTW: The info about the personal digiplayer is not correct, they doesnt have it on board in the comfort class.
Hey, flew into the Dominican Republic with Jetairfly and all passengers in Comfort Class receive a Digeplayer, that they can use during the whole flight. For free. I noticed that the large majority of the passengers were enjoying their "toy" during most of the flight. I flew mid-June.

This is what I read about it in the travel trade magazine "Travel Magazine" (June 9th) :
- 38 hours of personal entertainment
- 10 long play movies in original version with subtitles, or French version
- 11 sitcoms
- 20 music cds
- various music videos

Took some nice pictures of these Digeplayers. If only I knew how to upload them here...
:oops:

OO-TUC

Post by OO-TUC »

In may this year it wasn't yet ;). Guess they up-dated the service in comfort class. Hope you can upload the pics, im curious to them!