Aer Arann to drop two of its three Liege routes?

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Buzz

Post by Buzz »

I believed FR when they cancelled routes because they didn't get the airplanes... The factory was down due to strikes.

Has anyone heard about a production interruption at ATR?
I didn't... I feel it's just an excuse for something else...

Eurapart

Post by Eurapart »

They still have London Luton <> Liege on their website, whereas Birmingham and Lorient have been removed along with the press release that announced the 3 new routes. Today they have added a new Knock to Dublin route.

maairport

None out of three for LGG Airport

Post by maairport »

Aer Arann has removed all links to Liege on it's site !

The removal from the LGG airport website might take some extra days....like always...

Their latest news dates back from 12/12/2005 !! They respond on this by saying they are working on updating the website...Airports and communication it seems not to be not working...

OO-SBZ

Post by OO-SBZ »

Eurapart wrote:They still have London Luton <> Liege on their website, whereas Birmingham and Lorient have been removed along with the press release that announced the 3 new routes. Today they have added a new Knock to Dublin route.
It is not really professional if you ask me.
However that does not surprise me... a few days before pulling out of the future Liege-Luton route, they still advised

"The Liege to London Luton service is still in operation and flights are currently available to book online at www.aerarann.com."

BeN :idea:

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

The advertising on the bus stop is new from today.
So I guess there is something we dont know here.

and liege airport website still show liege-london route where the 2 others disapeared a few days/weeks ago..

Hard to know what to believe

OO-SBZ

Post by OO-SBZ »

Acid-drop wrote:The advertising on the bus stop is new from today.
So I guess there is something we dont know here.

and liege airport website still show liege-london route where the 2 others disapeared a few days/weeks ago..

Hard to know what to believe
Well... the TEC (Liege's public transport company) has just decided to team up with Aer Arann to operate the route with a flying bus (not an Airbus!).

To be more serious, when you see an advertisement on a bus, a contract was signed some time before...

In my opinion (bis), the route is dead for -at least- a few months!

Regards

BeN :idea:

iechist

Post by iechist »

I suspect what happened is that the collapse of Air Wales (and Ryanair's spat with Cardiff Airport) presented them with an immediate opportunity to take over their profitable routes from Cardiff. This had to be done before anyone else got in on them. They probably reasoned that Liege was higher risk and could probably wait without another carrier coming in.

I've got to say that Liege seems an odd choice for them. Their recent expansion has concentrated on routes to airports where the runway is too short for a large aircraft. They got badly burned on Cork-Dublin (by Ryanair) and Cork-Birmingham (by BMI Baby and Aer Lingus) where they spent a couple of years developing the route only to see LoCo competition come in and steal all the passengers.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Cartman posted on Wed 03 May 2006 13:02:58
Post subject: Aer Arran not to fly at Liege airport
According to De Standaard (http://www.standaard.be/Artikel/Detail. ... 052006_010), Aer Arran will not fly from Liege Airport.

Earlier, the company announced flights from LGE to London, Birmingham and Lorient, starting from may 15th. They now decided to postpone these flights, due to 'availability of aircrafts'. However, inside sources say that recently appointed new management decided that LGE is no priority, and that bookings were no succes so far.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

Official reply :
Dear customer,

Due to aircraft availability and lack of interest in the routes, a commercial decision has been made to suspend
Birmingham and Lorient routes at the present time.

London Luton will be postponed to a later date this year.

We will send out a press release to update the market in a later stadium.

All reservation systems and internet data are already cancelled/adapted and offcourse all tickets that have been paid already will be fully refunded.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience.

Kind regards,

AVIAREPS AG representing Aer Arann
They shouldnt be surprised of a lack of interest. One rotation a day exclude all business people and reduce the flexibility for tourists

an-148

Post by an-148 »

And also, how can they conclude at a lack of interest, even before the advertising campaign has begun?

the advertising on the TEC busses arrived just a few days ago (the flights were already canceled!) the advertising campaign in Aachen and surroundings was about to begin !!!!!

BUT: the decision to cancel occured BEFORE the real start of this campaign !!!!!!!
I imagine how it can be stressing for the operator of LGG to stop urgently all decided campaign and how frustrating it can be to engage time, money, efforts for this campaign just to be obliged to stop everything even before the start of a meticulously studied matter!

All in all, it just cannot be concluded in a lack of interest before the potential clients are aware of the product !!!!!!!!!!

iechist

Post by iechist »

They have just ordered new aircraft, so there is perhaps some longer term hope for the Liege routes.

http://www.rte.ie/business/2006/0515/aerarann.html