Aer Arann to drop two of its three Liege routes?

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

OO-SBZ

Aer Arann to drop two of its three Liege routes?

Post by OO-SBZ »

Irish budget carrier Aer Arann would reportedly consider not operating its Liege-Lorient and Liege-Birmingham routes and focusing on the Liege-Luton services.

As a reminder, this is not been confirmed yet by the carrier.

However I have just tried to book one of the Liege-flights and London is the only destination they offer.

Regards

BeN :idea:

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

I was in the terminal of LGG yesterday and they made advertising only about london-lutton on the screens ...

And the website talk also only about london : http://www.liegeairport.com

So I guess it's right.

The bad news is that it's still 1 flight a day with bad schedule : useless for business people
http://www.liegeairport.com/airport/html/aerarann.htm

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Now, who would want to go from Liège to Lorient ??? and even to Birmingham ?
In the past, they have tried to establish a line to London, sometimes with a stop at Ostend, and it didn't work for long...
But, of course, we wish Aer Arann the best ! Although these announcements made without reason don't make them seem very serious.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Very strange story if you asked me. Why, because of this reason.

Air Arann and the airport of LGE send invitations to all the travel agents for a reception on the airport on Thursday 20 April and this to celebrate the three new destinations.

If they will serve only one destination from LGE, I have my doubts on the whole project and the costs they made already.

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

Well, that's only a very few days to wait then ...
But that's all strange yes.

No doubt that LGG has a very big potential, but not necessary to Birmingham or Lorient ...

airazurxtror, dont forget that this airport has a very good location and a very good infrastructure. Actually, the potential of this airport is much bigger than charleroi when it started, so I guess everyting is possible.

OO-SBZ

Post by OO-SBZ »

Atlantis wrote:Very strange story if you asked me. Why, because of this reason.

Air Arann and the airport of LGE send invitations to all the travel agents for a reception on the airport on Thursday 20 April and this to celebrate the three new destinations.

If they will serve only one destination from LGE, I have my doubts on the whole project and the costs they made already.
In my opinion this is also very very strange : they still have advertisements published in the regional and national press for the three services.

As a reminder the new destinations were announced by the airport authorities while the carrier did not communicate about them. Eventually the advertising campaign was launched.

Yesterday I send an e-mail to the carrier and I will keep you updated.

Regards

an-148

Post by an-148 »

very strange, indeed.
The website of LRT airport still shows LGG as a destination!
So, what?

an-148

Post by an-148 »

loutri666

Post by loutri666 »

an-148 wrote:here is the link:
http://www.lorient.aeroport.fr/
I think LGG has been cancelled and removed from this website. If I'm wrong, I'm blind.

Your answer is there.

Seb

an-148

Post by an-148 »

maybe we don't have the same webpage :-)
List of destinations : Liege
map: 9 destinations
only removals: timetable and banner advertising (only since today)

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

it's becoming clear that they will fly only to london ... as the official website of LGG says since many days.

I wonder what they will say at the reception thursday.

PS : both lorient and aer arann website are updated
PS2 : Liège to london is fairly cheap, cheaper than any flight from BRU, and cheaper than the eurostar train.

OO-SBZ

Post by OO-SBZ »

Acid-drop wrote:I wonder what they will say at the reception thursday.
If they cancel two routes, their so-called timetable for the London service will need some updating. I really doubt it can be a success!
Acid-drop wrote:PS2 : Liège to london is fairly cheap, cheaper than any flight from BRU, and cheaper than the eurostar train.
Is it cheaper than the record €80 return offered on most Eurostar services?
Anyway they cannot beat Eurostar's frequency...

In my opinion they had better cancel the whole operation and come back with a much more planned thing... :roll:

OO-SBZ

Post by OO-SBZ »

OO-SBZ wrote:Yesterday I send an e-mail to the carrier and I will keep you updated.
Find here the official answer...

Dear Passenger,

Thank you for your email and your interest in Aer Arann. The company have taken a commercial decision to suspend the proposed services from Liege to Lorient and Birmingham, which were due to commence from the 15th May this year. This is due to aircraft capacity restrictions and we do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

The Liege to London Luton service is still in operation and flights are currently available to book online at www.aerarann.com.

If I can be of any further assistance to you in the future please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards

an-148

Post by an-148 »

@ Atlantis
any news about this reception with the travel agents?

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Nope, but I presume that this is still going on because the reason to not start three but only one route is due to capacity. So they have the intention to start three lines.

an-148

Post by an-148 »

Thanks a lot, Atlantis.
Very kind from you to share !

Buzz

Post by Buzz »

Atlantis wrote:Nope, but I presume that this is still going on because the reason to not start three but only one route is due to capacity.
So they say... But if that were so, they would simply delay it until they got the aircraft they had planned when they initially announced it...
I'm hoping, but I don't think AerAnnan will stay long at LGG...

Boeing767copilot

Post by Boeing767copilot »

Aer Arann informed the 65 guests during a meeting on thursday that they will postpone the routes as they did not received the aircrafts they ordered. So no flights to Londen Luton as well.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

All the flights are posponed till autumn.

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

I saw today an advertising on a bus stop in Liege

saying ... Liège to london for 40 euro one way.