Game: Guess the city!

This is the place to hang out when you have finished your aviation related discussions, please remain always friendly and respectful against each other! Offensive and/or racist remarks are not allowed.
adpoca

Post by adpoca »

Try again with another continent, this wasn´t the right one!
Good luck!

regi

Post by regi »

time to get some decent sleep. Next time I will do some research.

Leviathan

Post by Leviathan »

The only places in the world where you'll find those particular trees and parks would be S. Oz, N. America, Kiwistan and Europe. The first two continents are already excluded, which leaves us with the latter two options: NZ and EU. Considering the state of maintanance in which the park is, i would narrow it down to either Christchurch or London.

I'd go with London.

adpoca

Post by adpoca »

Good reflection! Now you´re in the right continent, but London is a wrong answer. Try to see more than trees and parks in the photo, there´s something more...maybe a bridge....

Good luck and try again!

Ovostar

Post by Ovostar »

Milton Keynes ?

adpoca

Post by adpoca »

Ovostar wrote:Milton Keynes ?
This is not the right answer.

Now you´re in the right continent, but in a wrong country, so try again. Another clue: where the photo has been taken, the weather is much nicer than in the UK...

Leviathan

Post by Leviathan »

Hmmm..... nicer weather, but the vegetation is definately not mediterranean, which narrows it down to basically the Basque and Galician coast.

Has to be either Bilbao, Santander or La Coruna.

Bilbao would be my favorite pick this time.

adpoca

Post by adpoca »

You are getting closer and closer, but neither Bilbao, La Coruna nor Santander are the right answer. Try to search somewhere in Spain! And remember the brigde...

regi

Post by regi »

Sevilla

adpoca

Post by adpoca »

Is not Sevilla, try again!

TV840

Post by TV840 »

Madrid???

adpoca

Post by adpoca »

Madrid is a wrong answer, so try again. You are not to far away.

EHAM

Post by EHAM »

Toledo?

adpoca

Post by adpoca »

Is not Toledo. Another clue, and with this one I hope you get it. In two weeks in the city where the photo has been taken there will take place one of the most important festivals in Europe! Now it´s very easy!

Rayman

Post by Rayman »

This is taking too long for the place making the best paella :wink: :idea:
adpoca wrote:Try to see more than trees and parks in the photo, there´s something more...maybe a bridge....
adpoca wrote:And remember the brigde...
BTW, I slightly doubt the construction in the picture is the known bridge you mean.

adpoca

Post by adpoca »

Hi Rayman! I think you have got it. Look the brigde from the other side! You have only now to give the name of the city.

Rayman

Post by Rayman »

I know that's the bridge you meant, still I doubt on the construction in your original pix.
That's why I won't name any city :roll: :D

The Calatrava is smaller and pending on one side. The front optical effect is that the suspension bars are converging at the top.

In your pix (this is the original btw) the bridge is taller (look at the small people as reference) and standing vertical. Moreover, if you take a good look, the pillars are alternately of 2 different width.

It should not have any obstacles (buildings) in the front or back as placed on the old bed of the Turia river (wonderful garden nowadays).

And that tall building seems to be the Francia Towers, which is on the left of this pix followilg the "river".

That's why I doubt on "that" bridge given as clue.
IMHO those are 2 different constructions......Luckily in the same city :lol:

adpoca

Post by adpoca »

It´s obviously now, you´ve got the city, the answer you think about it´s the right one, a wonderful city. The Calatrava brigde is the one I refered to. I chose this photo because it was not so easy to identify which bridge it was and therefore to make it a bit more difficult, but you are right ! Very good!!

Rayman

Post by Rayman »

I probably didn't make my point clear.

That bridge doesn't fit in the puzzle. I might be wrong.......
Can someone give an opinion?

adpoca

Post by adpoca »

Now I understand what you want to say. To make it clear, tomorrow I will take a photo from the same place, where this one has been taken. So we´ll be able to see if the bridge fits in the puzzle.Ok? See you and regards from the city (no one has already said the name :P )
Last edited by adpoca on 07 Mar 2006, 15:23, edited 1 time in total.