Name this movie.......

This is the place to hang out when you have finished your aviation related discussions, please remain always friendly and respectful against each other! Offensive and/or racist remarks are not allowed.
UltraSonic

Name this movie.......

Post by UltraSonic »

I've been looking for a movie.

I think the movie was made mid 90's (not sure though), it's a true story and this is the story line:

An aircraft has inop. Fuel gauges and the ground crew switch numbers when refueling the aircraft without the flightcrew knowing about it.
So the crew starts the flight with an almost empty aircraft and run out of fuel but manage to glide it to a closed airstrip where at that time a group of car fanatics is racing on the runway.

The crew manages to glide the aircraft to the airstrip and lands the bird but due to lack of hydraulics the front gear collapses.

If anybody can help me find this move tittle or even has it on DVD i would kindly appreciate it, i've been looking for this movie for a long time now but can't seem to find it anywhere.

Thank you!

JoeCanuck

Post by JoeCanuck »

I have no idea what it's called but it's a movie about the "Gimli Glider". That was an Air Canada 767 that was underfueled. This was when Canada was moving from the imperial system to metric. They were filling litres, instead of gallons. It really happened. It landed in Gimli, Manitoba. Lucky that the captain was also a glider pilot.

UltraSonic

Post by UltraSonic »

JoeCanuck wrote:I have no idea what it's called but it's a movie about the "Gimli Glider". That was an Air Canada 767 that was underfueled. This was when Canada was moving from the imperial system to metric. They were filling litres, instead of gallons. It really happened. It landed in Gimli, Manitoba. Lucky that the captain was also a glider pilot.
Yup, that's right, i remember now, Gimli was the airstrip they landed.
Now all i need is the name of the movie :)

blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

www.google.be , enter 3 keywords: Gimli 767 movie

"Falling from the Sky: Flight 174"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gimli_Glider

UltraSonic

Post by UltraSonic »

blackhawk wrote:www.google.be , enter 3 keywords: Gimli 767 movie

"Falling from the Sky: Flight 174"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gimli_Glider
Alright! Thx :D Was looking for this a long time.