chartertered aircraft is smoking available?

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

heathrow

chartertered aircraft is smoking available?

Post by heathrow »

I was wondering, if I was flying on a chartered aircraft, would smoking be an option? Personally, I think on the A380 they should have added a smoking room with propper ventilation, but that's beside the point. If someone where to charter an aircraft for a long distance, someone on there must be dying for a fag.

Buzz

Post by Buzz »

Maybe on a specially chartered aircraft at special request...
A smoking room on the A380 is probably a bad idea, since the FAA would claim safety issues (you can't even line up in front of a toilet, so a group in a separate room would be even worse...
Also, if an airline could chose between smoking room and seats, the choice is easily made ...

Andries

Post by Andries »

Smoking on aircraft costs the airline money. Airfilteres neet to be cleened/replaced more often and the entire plane gets dirty (especially the ventilationsystem). If an airline would allow you to smoke on a charter is up to them, but you can count on it they will charge you more than a non-smoking charter !

If I am not mistaking, all European flights are non-smoking. I am not sure though if those are only scheduled flights or also charters ...

Greetz,

:twisted: Andries :twisted:
Don't dream your life, live your dream !!!

earthman

Post by earthman »

At least Transavia charters are non-smoking.

UltraSonic

Post by UltraSonic »

I don't think your gonna find one charter (atleast in Europe) or any aircraft at all for that matter that still allows smoking.

sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Post by sab319 »

Last time I flew on a plane where smoking was allowed was on a charter (Citybird) in 2001, after that it was always a full non-smoking flight (waay better imho).

C_J

Post by C_J »

It's clear that smoking is not something you do in an aircraft.

I know it's a cliché, but just stop smoking, better for yourself and your environment.

heathrow

Post by heathrow »

C_J wrote:It's clear that smoking is not something you do in an aircraft.

I know it's a cliché, but just stop smoking, better for yourself and your environment.
easier said then done mate!

Well, thanks for your feedback!

Vinnie-Winnie

Post by Vinnie-Winnie »

heathrow wrote:easier said then done mate!
Tell me about it! ;)

Knight255

Post by Knight255 »

There's nothing wrong with the occasional cigar. :wink: Seriously though, when I did a walk-around with an MD-80 F/O, he showed me the butterfly valves (part of the pressurization system) and said that they used to be black when people were allowed to smoke. Since this was a American Airlines plane, the valve now was shiny!! :D
"What's this button do?? I don't know, push it and find out................."

EBAW_flyer

Post by EBAW_flyer »

I don't think your gonna find one charter (atleast in Europe) or any aircraft at all for that matter that still allows smoking.
Wrong; even in Brussels you can find one; Hewa Bora still allows smoking on its L-1011's on the BRU-FIH (kinshasa) route. In the last rows (I even think some 15 rows) you're still allowed to smoke.

earthman

Post by earthman »

That is just to hide the smoke produced by the plane itself.