All doors open!!!

Share pictures, log-reports, special aircraft, nice events, hints and tips

Moderator: Plane spotting team

Harry-Spotter

All doors open!!!

Post by Harry-Spotter »

I have a question, do you know why they often open all the doors of an aircraft when it is standing on a remote stand? I have seen that used a lot for long haul aircraft. Is it to renew the air inside after long flights????? :?:
As an example, check this picture http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0993522/L/

Good night to all
Laurent

natacha737

Post by natacha737 »

Hello Laurent,
this is just a normal preflight check that the cabin crew must perform in order to see whether the door mechanism acts perfectly and stays locked in the open position in case of an evacuation should occur. It wouldn't be nice if the passengers would be knock-out by a door clapped by the wind while trying to escape :wink:
Greetz
Natacha

speedbird1

Post by speedbird1 »

Having known people who have worked on the ground, they tell me that the smell of the inside of a 747 after 13 hours from Singapore is something they'll never forget!
Something you never notice as a passenger!

Emirates

ehamspotter

Post by ehamspotter »

Funny to see a 747 that way :D

rgds:Jeroen

heathrow

Post by heathrow »

it does give you a great look at the 747's doors. they probably did it for photography's sake :lol:

Captain

Post by Captain »

I flew on A320 with BA to to Milan and whilst still at the gate the auxiliary engine was not starting properly so the plane was getting quite warm due to the lack of air conditioning.

The pilot made an announcement to explain what was happening and asked the cabin crew to open all doors so that we could get some air in (it was during the summer).

A special truck came and help the auxiliary engine start which got the main engines going.

744rules

Post by 744rules »

Captain wrote: A special truck came and help the auxiliary engine start which got the main engines going.
It's called an Air Starter Unit.
motorcycling : sensation with a twist of the wrist