SkyEurope opens new base in Prague

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Boeing767copilot

SkyEurope opens new base in Prague

Post by Boeing767copilot »

SkyEurope opens new base in Prague. Initially 7 routes to be opened
From Prague to Amsterdam (daily), Barcelona (4 times per week), Milan Bergamo (daily), Naples (2 times per week), Nice (3 times per week), Paris Orly (double daily service) and Rome Fiumicino (daily)

Boeing767copilot

Post by Boeing767copilot »

1) april 10'th
2) Boeing 737-700 (149 seats)
3) source Travel Magazine Aviation Newsletter Online
4) www.skyeurope.com

realplaneshaveprops

Post by realplaneshaveprops »

Great that SkyEurope is doing well and opening new routes

Koen

rares_dan

Post by rares_dan »

Wow!!! Double double daily service for ORY route. A lot of trafic betwen France and Czech capitals.

earthman

Post by earthman »

Is that business traffic, or just a lot of Chechs wanting to see Paris and a lot of French wanting to see Prague? Or just some excessive optimism on the part of SkyEurope? (Look what happened to their AMS-WAW route)

ivkivk

Post by ivkivk »

Just a few comments:

Prague-Paris is not double daily but there are days when they operate 2 flights a day. In fact weekly 10 or 11. It is a strange habit at SkyEurope that they call it double daily in case there is one day in a week when there is more than one flight. :) Weekly 3 could be daily with this method.

At same time SkyEurope cancelled almost all of its flights from Warsaw, only Warsaw-Paris and Warsaw-Rome remained. Beyond Warsaw-London and Warsaw-Bratislava they also cancelled
Poznan-Amsterdam
Krakow-Stockholm
Krakow-Bologna
Budapest-London.

So all in all this quite of a stepback form the Eastern European - especially from the Polish - market.

rares_dan

Post by rares_dan »

It's curious how the BUD-STN route it's not working. They were the only LCC to fly to Stansted and the rates were prety good comparing those of Easyjet or Wizz Air. I hope that they would not aply Wizz Air's methods of canceling the routes. At least from BUD because those interests me. For the moment there were frequency changes(ex. BUD-BGY) but no cancelation. It's funny how a long daily service(dates from the begginings of Sky Europe in Hungary) it's canceled.

AirbusA350

Post by AirbusA350 »

ivkivk wrote:At same time SkyEurope cancelled almost all of its flights from Warsaw, only Warsaw-Paris and Warsaw-Rome remained.
Correction NE is dropping out only on BTS and STN, which leaves routes to BGY, SZG, FCO, ORY.

earthman

Post by earthman »

Does anybody know more about cancelling the AMS-POZ route? Are they going to fly the flights for which they sold tickets or not? My mother has a ticket for a flight in april but she hasn't heard from them (yet).

Humberside

Post by Humberside »

AirbusA350 wrote:Correction NE is dropping out only on BTS and STN, which leaves routes to BGY, SZG, FCO, ORY.
Last WAW-BGY and WAW-SZG flights appear to be in March.

ivkivk

Post by ivkivk »

Humberside wrote:
AirbusA350 wrote:Correction NE is dropping out only on BTS and STN, which leaves routes to BGY, SZG, FCO, ORY.
Last WAW-BGY and WAW-SZG flights appear to be in March.
Yes, these are seasonal flights only once in a week and they will stop in March so I wouldn't really call them a product. Practically only Paris and Rome will be served by SkyEurope from Warsaw.

Eurapart

Post by Eurapart »

Wizz Air have posted a press release on their site promising to take over the cancelled SkyEurope routes>
Cancelled SkyEurope flights
Warsaw-London
Warsaw-Bratislava
Poznan-Amsterdam
Krakow-Stockholm
Krakow-Bologna

Book on Wizz Air flights
Warsaw-London/Luton
Warsaw-Budapest
Warsaw-Brussels/Charleroi
Katowice-Stockholm/Skvasta
Katowice-Milan/Bergamo
More at:
http://www.wizzair.com/cgi-bin/news.cgi ... h#oA9rdVOV

John

earthman

Post by earthman »

earthman wrote:Does anybody know more about cancelling the AMS-POZ route? Are they going to fly the flights for which they sold tickets or not? My mother has a ticket for a flight in april but she hasn't heard from them (yet).
Never mind, they sent my mother an e-mail saying the flight has been cancelled asking her to call them. They should be the ones calling her, I think. Anyways, this is the second time my mother bought a SkyEurope ticket and the second time something got cancelled. (The previous time it was due to weather, but it was still on a route that got axed later.) I advise everybody against flying with them.

AirbusA350

Post by AirbusA350 »

ivkivk wrote:Yes, these are seasonal flights only once in a week and they will stop in March so I wouldn't really call them a product. Practically only Paris and Rome will be served by SkyEurope from Warsaw.
Any legitimate route of any airline is considered a product of such carrier, even if the connection happens to be on a mix-charter basis. Be careful with your word selections, as seasonal flight are legitimate, timetable connections, the only distinguishing factor is, that there is a period of expiration for performing flights.

ivkivk

Post by ivkivk »

AirbusA350 wrote:
ivkivk wrote:Yes, these are seasonal flights only once in a week and they will stop in March so I wouldn't really call them a product. Practically only Paris and Rome will be served by SkyEurope from Warsaw.
Any legitimate route of any airline is considered a product of such carrier, even if the connection happens to be on a mix-charter basis. Be careful with your word selections, as seasonal flight are legitimate, timetable connections, the only distinguishing factor is, that there is a period of expiration for performing flights.
OK, so everybody can fly with SkyEurope from Warsaw to Milan and Salzburg. Especially if one wants to fly between end of October and end of March solely on Saturday. This what I call a good product. I guess they have a lot of frequent flyer on this route. :):):) They will revolutionise the low cost sector with this unique and superior product. Just wait and you will see. We will hear about it a lot. I told you.

Aerocroatia

Post by Aerocroatia »

Reportedly more destinations and flights out of Prague to come in following month!

AirbusA350

Post by AirbusA350 »

ivkivk wrote:OK, so everybody can fly with SkyEurope from Warsaw to Milan and Salzburg. Especially if one wants to fly between end of October and end of March solely on Saturday. This what I call a good product. I guess they have a lot of frequent flyer on this route. :):):) They will revolutionise the low cost sector with this unique and superior product. Just wait and you will see. We will hear about it a lot. I told you.
I never said that NE has a great product, but I just 'defined' to you what a product is in the airline industry. NE/5P is beginning to become more notorious, because of it's horrible timetables and I consider it a major setback for this carrier. I'm sensing a lot of sarcasm in your reply, but most of it is very true about NE/5P.

Aspirapolvere

Post by Aspirapolvere »

Don't know if this was already posted here, but I received a notice today that the BRU-Krakow flight has been cancelled...before it even started!
Luckily all you have to do is e-mail them to get a refund.