your expierience: Aer Lingus or BMI?

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
heathrow

your expierience: Aer Lingus or BMI?

Post by heathrow »

I have an option to travel BD or EI this summer between LHR and DUB return. I am looking closer at EI because of their baggage allowance overage cost, but it's only a difference on 1GBP. Who would you choose?

Ozzie1969
Location: Brugge, Flanders + Annan, Scotland + Ormoc,Philippines

Re: your expierience: Aer Lingus or BMI?

Post by Ozzie1969 »

Aer Lingus

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

Aer Lingus has much more flights between LHR and DUB (= better flexibility).

I've flown only two times on EI till now (DUB-SNN-DUB on the A330), but those flights aren't representative to recommend you either EI or BD.

On the other hand, I've already been on eight BMI flights, and all of those flights were very good.

Service-wise, both airlines offer a similar product (buy on board,...).

Personally, I would go for the cheapest option, as I like both airlines.

Regards
Frederic

heathrow

Post by heathrow »

I was looking on airlinequality.com and heared more bad then good on BMI, and the oposite to aer lingus. Another thing is, On the return leg, i'll be connecting to a british airways flight. Would they be able to interline my luggage, even if it's not a "connecting flight"(two seperate tickets)? Cheers

speedbird1

Post by speedbird1 »

Depends on your frequent flyer programme? Which points do you want? That's if you use a programme. All in all, I've flown both and there's no difference really.

Emirates

Stij

Post by Stij »

I know the check-in staff of BMI in LHR was pretty rude to me (Yes, I was polite). The crew on the other hand was very polite and friendly. When I informed them of my experience at check-in I got the responce "Oh no, not again! Pleas file complaint, it's the only way iot will improve!".

I have flown Aer Lingus a couple of times between BRU and DUB, they were OK.

IN my opinion: let the competition play: fly the cheapest!

Cheers and enjoy your Guiness!

Stij

sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Post by sab319 »

heathrow wrote:I was looking on airlinequality.com and heared more bad then good on BMI, and the oposite to aer lingus. Another thing is, On the return leg, i'll be connecting to a british airways flight. Would they be able to interline my luggage, even if it's not a "connecting flight"(two seperate tickets)? Cheers
neither of both do interlining on seperate tickets, just fly the cheapest ;)

burner737

Post by burner737 »

I know one thing ... BMI is really good !!!

I've only flew on their ERJs though on the BRU - EDI route

regards Tim