Aer Lingus Announce New Routes

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Comet

Aer Lingus Announce New Routes

Post by Comet »

Irish national airline Aer Lingus have announced several new routes for next year.

All routes are from Dublin. These are Berlin, Venice, Bilbao, Valencia, Lyon and Zurich from the end of March 2004, and Dubrovnik, Warsaw and Copenhagen beginning at the end of May 2004.

Fares start from 75 Euros to Berlin, Lyon, Zurich and Copenhagen.
85 Euros to Bilbao, Valencia and Venice.
115 Euros to Dubrovnik.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

Comet

Post by Comet »

I have to say that Aer Lingus is probably the first of the national flag carriers to go down the low cost route.

Their on board service is now almost non-existant, so how many more national airlines will follow suit?
Louise

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

Hi,

Will they add capacity to start these routes, or do they reconfigure their network?

Danny

Comet

Post by Comet »

The backbone of the EI fleet has been the BAe 146, but these are being withdrawn, I think they are looking to replace them with the A320 types and the Boeing 737.
Louise

Avro

Post by Avro »

I have to say that Aer Lingus is probably the first of the national flag carriers to go down the low cost route.

Their on board service is now almost non-existant, so how many more national airlines will follow suit?
SWISS is also trying to be a low cost airline. The only problem is, that they cut the service but don't lower the fare.......

Chris
8)