AMS Things to know !.

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
regi

Post by regi »

A kroket is made of mashed potatoe, filled with meat stew "something" and formed in a roll covered with bread crumbs. It is quite tasty. But be aware. It can be very hot inside. (not spicy) It is mainly eaten in The Netherlands and Belgium. If you want to explore Dutch food, go for the "frikandel" This was a dutch industrial invention, to make saucages without a skin.

earthman

Post by earthman »

It is not made of mashed potatoes, it is basically just a ragout (stew) covered with crumbs. The potato kroket is a different thing.

The ragout can be made from various things, horse meat, bird strike remnants, or some more sophisticated substances. Personally I like the sate-kroket, which is filled with an indonesian peanut sauce ragout.

I haven't actually seen any place where you can get a kroket on the passenger side of Schiphol.

regi

Post by regi »

shortly after my message, I realised that the meat kroket isn't made of mashed potatoe. But they thicken the stew sauce with flower.

JetB

Post by JetB »

The cheapest airport parking ( Schiphol long term parking ) was 60 EURO.

But I just found a cheaper place for my car. I booked a room in the Etap Schiphol hotel ( Accor Hotels ) the night before and that is where my car is going to stay.

The hotel offers a free shuttle to the airport and I only pay 35 EUR to park my car. The hotel itself is also very cheap 53 EUR / room.

We know so much more about a "kroket" thanks to you guys :wink: