Air Belgium through the eyes of a ABB FA (FS)

The place for all your flight-sim experiences, questions, etc...
sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Air Belgium through the eyes of a ABB FA (FS)

Post by sab319 »

Hey I'm an air Belgium flight attendant and I'm going to give a report of a normal day of work.

I had to get up early to be able to be on time for my first flight today, AJ1144 to Munich, operated by an A319 according to the schedule. I was on time at the crew office and the shuttle brought us to the aircraft at gate A40. While the pilots prepared the plane for it's flying duties today, we (the 3 flight attendant s on this flight) looked if everything in the cabin worked and was in perfect state. Since OO-ATD "Russia" , our ride today, was Air Belgium's newest A319 it was still in perfect condition. We also checked wether all meals where delivered and after we cleared the cabin we notified the gate agents that they could start boarding the plane.

The load today would be 115 passengers, of which 80 where flying in Discovery class, 27 in Premium Discovery class and 8 in Diamond class.
After everyone boarded we gave newspapers to the pax and started the head count, which was correct so we where cleared for pushback 2 minutes before schedule at 6h58.

"Dames en heren we heten u hartelijk welkom aan boord van deze Air Belgium vlucht met bestemming München, mogen wij u vriendelijk verzoeken aandachtig de veiligheids video te bekijken binnen enkele ogenblikken.

Mesdames et Messieurs, je vous souhaite la bienvenue a bord de cette vol Air Belgium avec la destination de Munich. Je vous demande de faire attention au video de security dans quelques instants.

Ladies and Gentleman, welcome aboard this air Belgium flight to Munich, we kindly request you to carefully watch the safety video in a few moments.

Damen und Herren, Herzlich wilkommen an bord dieser Air Belgium flug nach München. Wir fragen Ihnen nach die sicherheits video zo gücken in einige momenten.
"

After I finished the welcoming speech I started the safety video and we walked through the cabin to make sure everyone was seated, had their seatbelts on and that all overhead bins where closed.

After we waited a while at the treshold for runway 20 which was in use today, and saw a company A340 landing and a BA A319 and KLM F70 depart before us the captain said we had to sit down and we where off in no time.

After a rather fast climb we started service, which had to go fast since it's only a 1 hour 20 minutes flight. Diamond class passengers had a choice between several freshly baked pastries as much as they could eat accompanied by a fruit salad, a yoghurt, OJ and thea or coffee.
Premium Discovery had a croissant, a Pain Au chocolat, a fruit salad an a Yoghurt, while Discovery had the choice between a croissant, a pain au chocolat or some corn flakes accompanied by a fruit salad and some yoghurt. They all got as much OJ, Thea or Coffee as the wanted.

We served everyone while we where passing over Frankfurt and started collecting the dirt of people that had already finished their meals while enyoing the beautiful sunset outside or the 500 channels AVOD PTV system installed in every seat.

Since the captain said the descend into Munich could be rough we collected all the remaining dirt as soon as possible so that we where seated right in time when the pilot switched on the seat belt sign and started flying through some rather heavy turbulence.

A while later the pilot said we had to fly through the turbulence a bit longer since we where put in holding, the reason: fog in Munich which disturbed the flights going in and out earlier.

After about 20 minutes the captain said we where cleared to land and we where down in about 10 minutes.

We had a 26R arrival and a rather long taxi to our gate.

"Dames en heren we zijn zojuist geland in München, de lokale tijd is 08 uur en 30 minuten en de grond temperatuur bedraagt 3 graden celcius. We danken us dat u vandaag met air Belgium gevlogen heeft en we hopen u binnenkort op een van onze andere vluchten te mogen begroeten.

Mesdames et Messieurs, nous avons atteri a Munich, le temps locale et 8 heures 30 minutes et la temperature et environ 3 degrés. On vous remercie d'avoir volé air Belgium aujourd'hui et nous esperons de vous accueillir a bord d uns des autres vols Air Belgium.

Ladies and Gentleman, we have just arrived in Munich, the local time is 8 hours and 30 minutes and the grpund temparaure is 3 degrees celcius. We would like to thank you for flying air Belgium today and we hope to welcome you on board on another air Belgium flight soon.

Damen und Herren, wir sind gelandt im München, der lokale zeit is 8 uhr und 30 minuten mit eine grund temperatur von ungefähr 3°C. Wir danken ihnen dasss sie mit air Belgium geflogen haben und Ihnene wieder zur¨ck zu sehen auf einen andere Air Belgium flug
"

on the way to our gate at Terminal 1 we passed the magnificent new terminal 2, used by LH and it's partners.

since all traffic was disturbed because of the fog earlier, there wasn't a free gate directly at Terminal 1, where we usally stop, but had to taxi to one of Munich infamous remote jetways stands where PAX are brought to by bus from the main terminal.

By the time we finally arrived at the gate we had a delay of 20 minutes, which meant we had to rush if we wanted to get out on time again.

The good thing about the munich flights is that it's one of the flights that are beeing return catered from Brussels, so we didn't have to wait for catering. and thanks to the extremely efficient ground crew we where able to leave with only a delay of 5 minutes.

The load of the return flight would be 125 passengers, of which 85 where flying in Discovery class, 30 in Premium Discovery class and 10 in Diamond class.

"Dames en heren we heten u hartelijk welkom aan boord van deze Air Belgium vlucht met bestemming Brussels, wij excuseren ons voor de vertraging en het veroorzakte ongemak en we hopen onze vertraging onderweg in te halen. Mogen wij u vriendelijk verzoeken aandachtig de veiligheids video te bekijken binnen enkele ogenblikken.

Mesdames et Messieurs, je vous souhaite la bienvenue a bord de cette vol Air Belgium avec la destination de Bruxelles.Nous vous excusons pour le retard et nous vous demandons de faire attention au video de securité dans quelques instants.

Ladies and Gentleman, welcome aboard this air Belgium flight to Brussels, we apoligize us for the delay and we kindly request you to carefully watch the safety video in a few moments.

Damen und Herren, Herzlich wilkommen an bord dieser Air Belgium flug nach Brüssel. Wir entschuldigen uns for die verspätung und fragen Ihnen nach die sicherheits video zo gücken in einige momenten.
"

we once again did the usual departure routine and headed for runway 26L

We had a smooth take off till about 7000 feet, when the turbulence started again.

after about 20 minutes the captain finally switched off the seatbelts sign and we cvould start our service, same meals as on the out bound flight, only choices where more limited now.

this time the flight time was a lot shorter thanks to a strong tailwind and when the captain started descend we still had to clean up the cabin. So we rushed though the cabin to collect all the rubbish and makes sure avryone was ready for landing.

We where down on Runway 25L in no time and because w caught up some time enroute we had an early arrival.

"Dames en heren we zijn zojuist geland in Brussel, de lokale tijd is 9 uur en 10 minuten en de grond temperatuur bedraagt 4 graden celcius. We danken us dat u vandaag met air Belgium gevlogen heeft en we hopen u binnenkort op een van onze andere vluchten te mogen begroeten. We delen ook nog even de gate nummers van volgende aansluitende vluchten mee :
AJ1086 naar toulouse aan gate A46
AJ1194 naar Minsk aan Gate B2
AJ210 naar Mexico aan Gate B35
AJ300 naar Johannesburg aan Gate B28
AJ922 naar Havana aan Gate B10

Mesdames et Messieurs, nous avons atteri a Munich, le temps locale et 9 heures 10 minutes et la temperature et environ 4 degrés. On vous remercie d'avoir volé air Belgium aujourd'hui et nous esperons de vous accueillir a bord d uns des autres vols Air Belgium. On va disent le suivant information sur de vols correspondants:
AJ1086 à Toulouse porte A46
AJ1194 à Minsk porte B2
AJ210 à Mexico porte B35
AJ300 à Johannesburg porte B28
AJ922 à Havana porte B10

Ladies and Gentleman, we have just arrived in Munich, the local time is 9 hours and 10 minutes and the grpund temparaure is 4 degrees celcius. We would like to thank you for flying air Belgium today and we hope to welcome you on board on another air Belgium flight soon. We would like to announce the gate numbers for following connecting flights:
AJ1086 to Toulouse at gate A46
AJ1194 to Minsk at Gate B2
AJ210 to Mexico at Gate B35
AJ300 to Johannesburg at Gate B28
AJ922 to Havana at Gate B10

Damen und Herren, wir sind gelandt im München, der lokale zeit is 9 uhr und 10 minuten mit eine grund temperatur von ungefähr 3°C. Wir danken ihnen dasss sie mit air Belgium geflogen haben und Ihnene wieder zur¨ck zu sehen auf einen andere Air Belgium flug. Wir wöllen sie folgende informationen zum anschliessende fluge mit zu teilen:
AJ1086 nach Toulouse an ausgang A46
AJ1194 nach Minsk an ausgang B2
AJ210 nach Mexico an ausgang B35
AJ300 nach Johannesburg an ausgang B28
AJ922 nach Havana an ausgang B10
"

After we left the runway we taxied for our gate, B2, an extra shengen gate since the plane would perform a flight to Minsk 5belorussia in 40 minutes. So all PAX where bussed to the shengen arrivals area.

Last edited by sab319 on 20 Nov 2005, 12:49, edited 1 time in total.

Glider

Post by Glider »

Very nice; I enjoyed the pics and reading it

brieky

Post by brieky »

hello

wohoo...

What a nice report!!! 8O

Air Belgium rules the sky!!
:D
greetz!

sab319

Post by sab319 »

thx for the comments :D

Sebas

Post by Sebas »

Magnificent report!!! Thanks for sharing. :wink:

But, if you want, please tell me your secret for actually having a shorter flight with strong headwinds than with strong tailwinds.

j/k :clown:

Regards, thank you,
Sebas

blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

and where is the picture of the flight attendant?

moons

Post by moons »

hi,

This was great! :D

Comet

Post by Comet »

You write very interesting FS reports sab, they are always worth reading!
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

sab319

Post by sab319 »

blackhawk wrote:and where is the picture of the flight attendant?
maybe something for FS2006, who knows ;)

Flightboy2004

Post by Flightboy2004 »

Really nice trip report you have there Danny,

I really like Air Belgium great va with a great potential. :D :wink:

JetB

Post by JetB »

Guess I'm the only one that doesn't understand this !!!, FS are fun but making up a story around it :?

EBAW_flyer

Post by EBAW_flyer »

Just one thing; there are no gates B2 and B35 at Brussels :wink: . It starts with B4 (and goes directly from B1 to B5 at the opposite side).

sab319

Post by sab319 »

EBAW_flyer wrote:Just one thing; there are no gates B2 and B35 at Brussels :wink: . It starts with B4 (and goes directly from B1 to B5 at the opposite side).
Well I've never been in the B-pier in my entire life, so I didn't know (if anyone could give me a list/map of gate numbers and their standnumber I would be very happy)

Yaroslav

Post by Yaroslav »

Very nice report :D! Thanks for sharing!
Malyshev Yaroslav
"Avec l'avion, nous avons appris la ligne droite" - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

MD-11

Post by MD-11 »

Great pics, mostly those of the climb-out during sunrise. 8)
They make me wanna fly again. :(
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

chornedsnorkack

Interior

Post by chornedsnorkack »

I missed the images of the interior!

Can the FS properly simulate the response of them to turbulence, though?

teddybAIR

Post by teddybAIR »

Really enjoyed reading your report, keep up the good work!

athos

Post by athos »

teddybAIR wrote:Really enjoyed reading your report, keep up the good work!
I agree, well done :wink:

sab319

Post by sab319 »

thx for the comments

vc-10

Post by vc-10 »

Nice! How about a long haul flight next, I saw an A340 in one of those shots.