Concorde at CDG?

Looking for a specific safety-card, an aviation magazine or a special aircraft model? Want to sell your stuff? Like to exchange with other members? This is the place for all your aviation hobby-related questions and answers!
CLW_aviator

Concorde at CDG?

Post by CLW_aviator »

Hello,

I want to see Concorde "live". I did some research on the internet today and found where the Concordes are now. I`ve heard that one is at Charles de Gaulle Airport, but... don`t have more information. Maybe you know - where exactly it is, because if I ever fly there again I`d like to know where to look for it. Where it is, in the terminal (which one), outside the building?

Best regards, thanks for your help.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

It's parked somewhere on the apron. Not visible from terminal 1. Don't know from terminal 2. I saw it when I was coming back from Colombo with Sri lankan airlines last week. Didn't know it was there so quit surprised.

If you want to visit a concorde go to Manchester. They do guided tours on it.

Sean

CLW_aviator

Post by CLW_aviator »

Thanks, maybe I`ll visit Manchester, but I rarely leave the airport whenever I fly just for pleasure, so the best option for me would be to see Concorde AT the airport... Pity that it`s on the apron... I thought there`s a chance to get inside, see the cabin and the cockpit... Is there any chance?
If we`re talking about seeing Concorde somewhere else than directly at the airport, then I think the best option is to visit Edinburgh. At least their website (I mean the aviation museum) is the most informative one... So wanting to go I know what to expect. About Manchester, on their website they don`t give much information about what exactly one can see there.

Airbus330lover

Re: Concorde at CDG?

Post by Airbus330lover »

CLW_aviator wrote:Hello,

I want to see Concorde "live". I did some research on the internet today and found where the Concordes are now. I`ve heard that one is at Charles de Gaulle Airport, but... don`t have more information. Maybe you know - where exactly it is, because if I ever fly there again I`d like to know where to look for it. Where it is, in the terminal (which one), outside the building?

Best regards, thanks for your help.
If you to Paris on Eurostar or Thalys, you can see it.
Far form the airport.....

b-west

Post by b-west »

It's also on display at the National Air & Space museum in Washington, near Dulles airport

Captain

Post by Captain »

For the ultimate experience two see and visit two Concordes, I suggest you go to the Musée de l'Air et de l'Espace in Le Bourget (about 15 min from CDG or 30 min from Paris). See the following forum posting with pictures: https://www.aviation24.be/posts13510-highlight.html

Captain

CLW_aviator

Post by CLW_aviator »

So, Captain, you think it`s better to fly to Paris than to visit Edinburgh? The latter has many things to offer regarding Concorde - multimedia presentation or video, guided tours etc... And about Le Bourget I don`t know anything, please write more about it.
Another thing is that I don`t speak French very well... Is the exhibition also in English? Otherwise, I would still want to visit Edinburgh.

V-Bird

Post by V-Bird »

Or you can go to Sinnsheim in germany. They have an Air France Concorde ( F-BVFB ), and her Russian counter part Tu-144 ( CCCP-77112 ) ( konkorski / charger )

You are allowed to visit the inside of both planes:

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/764649/M/

Captain

Post by Captain »

CLW_aviator wrote:So, Captain, you think it`s better to fly to Paris than to visit Edinburgh? The latter has many things to offer regarding Concorde - multimedia presentation or video, guided tours etc... And about Le Bourget I don`t know anything, please write more about it.
Another thing is that I don`t speak French very well... Is the exhibition also in English? Otherwise, I would still want to visit Edinburgh.
I've never been to Edinburgh but would recommend going to Paris. I can't exactly remember if the Air & Space museum in le Bourget had information panels in English but it's all quite self explanatory.

Can anyone confirm if Le Bourget museum is also in English?

CLW_aviator

Post by CLW_aviator »

OK, but what can you do there, in the museum you recommend? Is this only that you can see the plane and go aboard or sth else? Because, as I said, in Edinburgh you also have guided tours and multimedia presentations, and lots of other cool stuff... And in Paris, what`s there (regarding Concorde)?

b-west

Post by b-west »

You cans also see the concorde on the runway of CDG with Google Earth ;)

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

Captain wrote:For the ultimate experience two see and visit two Concordes, I suggest you go to the Musée de l'Air et de l'Espace in Le Bourget (about 15 min from CDG or 30 min from Paris). See the following forum posting with pictures: https://www.aviation24.be/posts13510-highlight.html

Captain
Thanks to you and to V-Bird. :wink:
Aum Sweet Aum.

vc-10

Post by vc-10 »

It really depends on where you are. If you can get a cheap flight to Edinburgh then go there. I have heared that it is the best.