United next to A-pier?

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Jean

United next to A-pier?

Post by Jean »

Upon returning to my office (tuesday 27 sep), I noticed there is a United 767 (i think, not sure) standing next to the A pier? Is this a damaged plane or is there a special delegation out of the States? Could be, as i noticed an official USA aircraft at Abelag.

greetz

golf1411

Post by golf1411 »

Yes it's a united aircraft. I saw the two birds of united, 1 standing at gate B1, the second was standing at the end of the B concourse. At around 7u30, the United at B1 was towed just next to the A concourse, the other one was towed to B40 in preparation for the flight back home.

:wink:

Kapitein

Re: United next to A-pier?

Post by Kapitein »

Jean_EVA_Air wrote:Upon returning to my office (tuesday 27 sep), I noticed there is a United 767 (i think, not sure) standing next to the A pier? Is this a damaged plane or is there a special delegation out of the States? Could be, as i noticed an official USA aircraft at Abelag.

greetz
We are sending the UA 767's there because we don't have enough place at the South apron at this moment.
The new apron is just repainted and almost ready to use. In the futher we will use these new spots more often to let a long rotation rest before the next flight.
On Tuesdaymornings the Satellite is also fully occupied for the WB-aircrafts. BG on 303R and for the moment one of the American flights at 307.

OO-JFP

Post by OO-JFP »

I noticed last night on teletekst a UA-charterflight routing Washington-Gander-Brusseks. (UA9803 or something like that with an ETA of 23.30)
I noticed N646UA this morning so I gues that was the one but 100% sure.

OO-JFP

(I also noticed an AH-charter with ETA 21.30 from Algiers ??)

ILS25L

Post by ILS25L »

Goodmorning,
Can somebody explain me how they cope with such problems ?
If you have 2 planes at 1 airport, I presume one of them is flying back empty (very expensive) or am I mistaken ?
Greezt, Karl

waldova

Post by waldova »

I thought they had 2 flights every day and that one of them leaves in the afternoon. So they pull it after the plane is unloaded to a parking spot to pull it back to the gate later on in the morning to start boarding. This has been done like this for many years already. Normally they put the plane in front of the old C pier but now that hey are working there I can imagine they pulled the plane at the end of the A-pier. But really, nothing unusual here.

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

OO-JFP wrote:I noticed last night on teletekst a UA-charterflight routing Washington-Gander-Brusseks. (UA9803 or something like that with an ETA of 23.30)
I noticed N646UA this morning so I gues that was the one but 100% sure.
OO-JFP, your message in this topic is totally :offtopic:

For more information about the United Airlines diversion read this topic: https://www.aviation24.be/postp114181.html#114181

Jean

Post by Jean »

Brubiac wrote:
Jean_EVA_Air wrote:Upon returning to my office (tuesday 27 sep), I noticed there is a United 767 (i think, not sure) standing next to the A pier? Is this a damaged plane or is there a special delegation out of the States? Could be, as i noticed an official USA aircraft at Abelag.

greetz
We are sending the UA 767's there because we don't have enough place at the South apron at this moment.
The new apron is just repainted and almost ready to use. In the futher we will use these new spots more often to let a long rotation rest before the next flight.
On Tuesdaymornings the Satellite is also fully occupied for the WB-aircrafts. BG on 303R and for the moment one of the American flights at 307.
OK I understand the placement, but why 2 UA 767's, they only have one flight a day? Right? This would mean one of them is out of duty/work?
Anyway, thanks for the intel

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Jean_EVA_Air wrote:OK I understand the placement, but why 2 UA 767's, they only have one flight a day? Right? This would mean one of them is out of duty/work?
Isn't there a UA 767 flying via London Heathrow and the other direct to the States?

Jean

Post by Jean »

luchtzak wrote:
Jean_EVA_Air wrote:OK I understand the placement, but why 2 UA 767's, they only have one flight a day? Right? This would mean one of them is out of duty/work?
Isn't there a UA 767 flying via London Heathrow and the other direct to the States?
This would surprise me very much, code share of UA to London are common cases of course, within star alliance members (BMI flights mostly have an US number as well)

Anyway, i am not sure

Badabing

Post by Badabing »

luchtzak wrote: Isn't there a UA 767 flying via London Heathrow and the other direct to the States?
That used to be the case in the past. Today, there's only one daily UA flight, directly to Washington IAD.

Jean

Post by Jean »

And then it continues to SFO, which look nice on the big boards in the Departure hall: Brussels has a flight to San Fran :lol:

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Jean_EVA_Air wrote:And then it continues to SFO, which look nice on the big boards in the Departure hall: Brussels has a flight to San Fran :lol:
Yeah, with a plane change in IAD, where you have to pass customs anyway, which means gthat you are not even sure that you will make the same flight number... :?
André
ex Sabena #26567

Jean

Post by Jean »

sn26567 wrote:
Jean_EVA_Air wrote:And then it continues to SFO, which look nice on the big boards in the Departure hall: Brussels has a flight to San Fran :lol:
Yeah, with a plane change in IAD, where you have to pass customs anyway, which means gthat you are not even sure that you will make the same flight number... :?
Dude, mark my words : which LOOKS nice, heaven forbid I even suggested we are actually flying to SFO. It's just fun to see such an exotic destinations inbetween all those Berlin, Barcelona, Stuttgart and London flights, that's all

Kapitein

Post by Kapitein »

Jean_EVA_Air wrote:
Brubiac wrote:

greetz
OK I understand the placement, but why 2 UA 767's, they only have one flight a day? Right? This would mean one of them is out of duty/work?
1 plane was UA9803 out of Gander, see topic: https://www.aviation24.be/postp114181.html#114181 and the second plane was the normal UA950 out of IAD from that morning.

ILS25L

Post by ILS25L »

Goodevening,
I am still curious how they solve this problem. 2 UA-planes at Brussels and only 1 scheduled for regular traffic. What about the other one ? Back to the States as a ferry-flight ? Might be a very expensive flight.
Greetz, Karl

744rules

Post by 744rules »

ILS25L wrote:Goodevening,
I am still curious how they solve this problem. 2 UA-planes at Brussels and only 1 scheduled for regular traffic. What about the other one ? Back to the States as a ferry-flight ? Might be a very expensive flight.
Greetz, Karl
All depends the requirements. Sometimes they use it to clear the backlog of cgo or pax. Sometimes with cockpit crew ferry back to either JFK, IAD or ORD. Anyway, a delayed/cancelled flight is always very costly.
motorcycling : sensation with a twist of the wrist