AI traffic problem

The place for all your flight-sim experiences, questions, etc...
moons

AI traffic problem

Post by moons »

Hi,

I'm having the same problem over and over...
I got AI with fs2002 to have more traffic in the sky and on airports but these planes are interrupting my approaches and landings!
For example : I'm approaching LHR for ILS 9 L and I see a BA plane coming closer on approach and at a certain moment it flies under my plane at higher speed inbound 9L. ATC gives me clearance and it says that I'm number 1 for landing. That BA plane is number 2, but it lands a few seconds before me.So I collide with him on the RWY. :x
And then atc says that I did not have clearance ! :twisted:

Can I do something about this problem? Do I have to change something in air traffic density or so?

sunny greets

speedbird1

Post by speedbird1 »

This happens too on FS2004. I thought it was just me! the traffic does the same, then you incur go arounds etc which is very annoying. This something that they will have to address in the next FS.
Saying that though it happens to the AI traffic too sometimes. They follow eachother right down the approaches, the the plane at "No.1" has to go around. Very odd!!
Changing the density would probably help to minimise the annoyance, but it lessens the realism. Which kind of defeats the point of playing FS!!

Emirates

yabu

Post by yabu »

It seems to be a problem of Project AI, i use it and these things occur to. The only way to solve this is a long way, you have to use AI aarvark or some planes like that and install them one by one manually and need to link the flightplans to the planes. I heard that these planes don't have these problems, they look better and textures are loaded faster but i haven't tried it ;yself yet because of lack of time. So you keep it like this and get :x sometimes or you enjoy yourself with and evening of installing plane by plane manually. Im gonna try the second one for the most important airline in FS, snba.

yabu

Vinnie-Winnie

Post by Vinnie-Winnie »

Same here! Although it hasn't happened for a while now!

Dunno maybe because i'm using mrai! But yeah it's a problem that hopefully fs2006 will solve! Saying that well would say that even if you manually installed every flightplan you might still have these problems: You would still interrupt the planes following these flightplans and unfortunately nothing can be done about this...

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

A FS for AI (AirIndia) :rock:

Can anyone provide me details and suggestions as to how can i reach/download the same.

Any links :smile:
Aum Sweet Aum.

yabu

Post by yabu »

If you mean you want to download some AI traffic then here you will find everything.

http://www.projectai.com

1.First you download the installer
http://www.projectai.com/packages/installer.php

2.You install it
3.You download the SN ai traffic :wink:
4.You download all the traffic you want, civil, cargo,militairy,...
http://www.projectai.com/packages/

You unzip the airline package and place the unzipped map in the installer map, you open installer and open a package by using the installer and start installing it

yabu

Vinnie-Winnie

Post by Vinnie-Winnie »

If u have more time would advise you to use MRAI!

Unlike Projectai, flightplans are up to date and you get much more variety than in projectai (Not slagging of project ai here it's very good still using it for most of my airlines)

But and big but it takes a lot of time to install. The installer is pretty much straightforward, but then you need to associate each aircraft that the company has with a particular aircraft/repaint of the company! Luckily got almost every project ai flightplans, so the aircrat/repaints are already there. But some might be lacking, so you need to find a repaint or an aircraft on the net, and install it manually (ain't that easy you can easily make mistakes)

Vincent

f14driver

Post by f14driver »

yabu wrote:It seems to be a problem of Project AI, i use it and these things occur to. The only way to solve this is a long way, you have to use AI aarvark or some planes like that and install them one by one manually and need to link the flightplans to the planes. I heard that these planes don't have these problems, they look better and textures are loaded faster but i haven't tried it ;yself yet because of lack of time. So you keep it like this and get :x sometimes or you enjoy yourself with and evening of installing plane by plane manually. Im gonna try the second one for the most important airline in FS, snba.

yabu
Sorry to say but this has nothing to do with the aircraft of Project AI or AIA or MRAI.

Reason for this is that the AI is approaching on higher speeds then the user aircraft.
Not much you can do about it and this happens a lot at high density ( lot of AI traffic ) airports.
SInce the capability of FS2002 is only one runway to be active at one time ( unless you use overlay afcads) and the multiple runwya system in FS2004 the problem has decreased but not yet vanished.
There are some freeware tools out there called AI separator and AI Smooth that will enable you to create separation in FS2004 ( not suitable for FS2002).

Kind regards,

F14driver
Member of PAI development group

yabu

Post by yabu »

well the AI planes are approaching at higher speed but the planes are programmed like this so its a bit the fault of the people who make these, they copy most of the lines from the original AI i think and because of that the high speed approach stays.

yabu

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

yabu wrote:If you mean you want to download some AI traffic then here you will find everything.

http://www.projectai.com

1.First you download the installer
http://www.projectai.com/packages/installer.php

2.You install it
3.You download the SN ai traffic :wink:
4.You download all the traffic you want, civil, cargo,militairy,...
http://www.projectai.com/packages/

You unzip the airline package and place the unzipped map in the installer map, you open installer and open a package by using the installer and start installing it

yabu
Thanks Yabu. Appreciate your help :)
Aum Sweet Aum.

cherdt

SN traffic

Post by cherdt »

I know it's a little bit off topic, but can somebody help me to find SNba and/or
Sabena traffic files? I can't find them on PAI nor on MRAI.

Thx in advance ! ! ! !
:oops:

luchtmachterke

Post by luchtmachterke »

snba_su2005_fp_v2.zip on Avsim

Hope this helps

cherdt

Post by cherdt »

8O Thx! for the superfast reply ! ! !
I am downloading right now....
thx again!