IAF in France with SU-30Ks and Il-78s!

A place to discuss military aviation: airshows, stunning pictures, weapons, etc...

Moderator: Latest news team

HorsePower

IAF in France with SU-30Ks and Il-78s!

Post by HorsePower »

Garuda exercice will take place from June 14th to 30th at Istres (french air force base n°125 "Charles Monier ") with the participation of 121 Indian Air Force (IAF) members. This exercice is in the continuity of french-indian cooperation. For the first time, Indian Air Force deploy in france 6 SU-30K fighters and 1 (I think they are at least 2) Iliouchine 78 Midas tankers. French side, some 12 Mirage 2000 from fighters squadrons 2/5 " Ile-de-France ", 1/2 " Cigognes " et 3/4 " Limousin " as well as a C-135FR tanker will be engaged during this exercice.

Assignated missions to flightcrews will be mid-air refuelling, flights with mixed formations and some intercept and combat missions under the control of an E-3F Sentry. This "Garuda" exercice is the next step of previous exercice performed in 2003 in India.

Some pictures here.

Regards

Seb.

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

Thank you Seb. I have heard that the Light Helicopter DHRUV made a heavy impact in the minds of people at the air show.

I notice no mention of it here on Luchtzak.

Any bias!!!!!
Aum Sweet Aum.

HorsePower

Post by HorsePower »

Advisor wrote:Thank you Seb. I have heard that the Light Helicopter DHRUV made a heavy impact in the minds of people at the air show.
I have read a paper recently, saying that they got some orders for it.

Regards

Seb.

Small correction: IAF cames in France with 6 Su-30K, 2 Il-76 Candid and 2 Il-78 Midas.

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

HorsePower wrote:
Advisor wrote:Thank you Seb. I have heard that the Light Helicopter DHRUV made a heavy impact in the minds of people at the air show.
I have read a paper recently, saying that they got some orders for it.

Regards

Seb.

Small correction: IAF cames in France with 6 Su-30K, 2 Il-76 Candid and 2 Il-78 Midas.
Any luck with pictures of the same :roll:
Aum Sweet Aum.

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

Aum Sweet Aum.