Which VA(s) Do You Fly With?

The place for all your flight-sim experiences, questions, etc...
Comet

Which VA(s) Do You Fly With?

Post by Comet »

I asked this question a couple of weeks ago on the Airliner World forum and it seemed quite popular, so I thought I'd repeat it on here.

I fly with SN Brussels Airlines, British Airways and Delta/Lufthansa/Virgin/Cathay Pacific/Icelandair/Emirates/Singapore Airlines.

They are all very good ones and have some very nice aircraft downloads available.

I wanted to join Austrian but their flight manager programme was too big for me to download in one go before the auto cut off imposed by my ISP.

I have downloaded some beautiful aircraft, when I get my favourite routes established then I will download some scenery as well.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Post by sab319 »

I'm a member of SVa and CEO of Air Belgium (http://www.airbelgium.be.tt)
Last edited by sab319 on 02 Nov 2004, 10:57, edited 1 time in total.

AFApresident

Post by AFApresident »

I´m the President of American Flight Airways and a pilot with SN Brussels Airlines.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

A lot of CEOs in the Virtual Airlines business... ;-)
André
ex Sabena #26567

TUB001

Post by TUB001 »

I used to fly for Sobelair VA ( and CEO as well ) but now the VA is closed ( for an unknown period , probably I'll start up another website later on ).

Comet

Post by Comet »

I have made three flights for BA Virtual in the space of 28 hours! Two yesterday ended in total failure, but not entirely my fault, I blame some software. My first one was a Dash 8 flight from Southampton to Brussels. Totally fine in flight, superb touch down on 25L (my first ever night landing) and a quiet taxi to the terminal. As soon as I applied the parking brake the bloody plane just nose dived into the tarmac, so I was unable to file a PIREP for the flight :evil:

On the second occasion, a flight between LHR and BRU, my normally very reliable A320 completely fouled up on the final approach and nosed into the ground :evil:

I have just completed my third flight - a Twin Otter Loganair service between Benbecula and Barra (Barra is where landings can depend on the state of the tides because the airstrip is next to the sea). The little plane behaved perfectly, and this flight was VFR, nice and low to be able to appreciate the beautiful scenery of the Hebrides. And it was great fun :lol:
Louise

Comet

Post by Comet »

Today I managed to get Austrian's 27.9MB flight manager downloaded, so I can now join Austrian VA, one I wanted to join in the first place :mexwave: :mexwave: :mexwave: They fly my favourites, just as LH VA do :mrgreen:
Louise

Mirror

Post by Mirror »

I am Virtual Pilot by the Skygroup ( Skytravel Airlines ) , Populair VA and V-BIRD VA

SAB021

Post by SAB021 »

I'm pilot at SN Brussels Virtual 8)

Greetz,

Vesalius

Post by Vesalius »

Needless to say I'm a member of the SVA Group..? :)

Pilot and staff member.

Comet

Post by Comet »

My full list:

SN Brussels Airlines

British Airways

Lufthansa/Delta

FlyBe

Austrian (soon)
Louise

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

Comet,

No offense, but WHY IN HELLS NAME do you fly with so many VA's?? I mean, be realistic :?
Tot hier en verder

vliegtuigfreak

Post by vliegtuigfreak »

I currently fly for :
Sabena VA (SVAgroup)
V-Bird VA

Greetingzz
Sonny :wink:

Comet

Post by Comet »

Airbus_fan wrote:Comet,

No offense, but WHY IN HELLS NAME do you fly with so many VA's?? I mean, be realistic :?
Airbus_fan - I really don't see a problem with flying for so many VAs. And as for being realistic, people should never lose sight of the fact that FS is a game, nothing more. I don't see how anyone can take a game so seriously that they can only belong to one group which revolves around it!

I don't think there is a law anywhere which says you can only fly for one VA is there?

Anyway, flying for many VAs gives me something to do with the FS, and a range of aircraft to fly rather than just doing purposeless "fun" flights all the time.
Louise

Avro

Post by Avro »

I currently am a member of the sobelair va, but didn't make any flights for several months now... I don't find the time unfortunately :?
Comet wrote:
Airbus_fan wrote:Comet,

Airbus_fan - I really don't see a problem with flying for so many VAs.
Let's ask the question in another way. "How in hells name" do you find the time to fly that much on FS ??

Chris

Comet

Post by Comet »

The answer to how I find the time to fly so much on FS - I don't fly so much! Several VAs require that you have to submit at least one PIREP each 90 days, one flight in three months. Two others I am with have a one flight each 30 day rule. Hardly time consuming is it?
Louise

Comet

Post by Comet »

Yesterday was a thoroughly gross FS day for me :(

After finally getting the Austrian Virtual software sorted, I decided to do a flight from Dublin to Londonderry in a Saab 340 for British Airways Virtual. I decided to download the weather, instead of setting it myself like I normally do. The flight was going great, and I was just on finals into Londonderry when the bloody FS2002 went down and the British Airways flight manager as well crashed! :evil: I don't know if it was a problem caused by the downloaded weather or what, but it was damned annoying :evil:
Louise

Vesalius

Post by Vesalius »

I'm sorry to hear that about your flight Louise. It's very frustrating when your system crashes when you're just having a nice flight.

Untill the next time...

Avro

Post by Avro »

Comet wrote: The flight was going great, and I was just on finals into Londonderry when the bloody FS2002 went down and the British Airways flight manager as well crashed! :evil:
It's always more pleasant to see a computer crash than a plane crash ;)

Comet

Post by Comet »

Avro wrote:
Comet wrote: The flight was going great, and I was just on finals into Londonderry when the bloody FS2002 went down and the British Airways flight manager as well crashed! :evil:
It's always more pleasant to see a computer crash than a plane crash ;)
I agree there Chris :mrgreen: But last night I had a better experience in FS. I did a flight between Belfast and Stansted in a beautiful 737-300 in Go colours (I will post a screenshot because it is a nice model and flies like a dream), I downloaded the weather again but at least I didn't get any crashing software and the aircraft landed in Stansted without a hitch. I notice that downloading weather has an adverse effect on performance, so I will stick to setting weather myself in future.
Louise