Etihad Summer Timetable: No BRU.

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

asianboy

Post by asianboy »

OrientThai wrote:
asianboy wrote:i don't know if the toronto flight is via bru or direct when you watch their route map. :?:
It's via BRU.
maybe october,they'll receive 5 773er from october to december.

EY was supposed to start this route with an A330-200s.
sure it will be a332, their 773er is not for us :roll:
i have a question.some rumours said that phuket air will be rerouting from ams to bru in the next few days.(source somebody in the pprune forum,airliners,scramble)
you can confirm this?i am scary with their well known safety lol :oops:

regi

Post by regi »

Imagine, we talk here in this forum as a bunch of children about the wish of premium airliners coming (back) to Brussels. And the only real result would be to accept Phuket air, after they were kicked out by the Dutch, and ran away from Gatwick before they were chased away.
To make the disaster complete, I would recommand Phuket air to fly to Ostend. It would put some life in Wiloo its dull life.

regi

Post by regi »

by the way, still no news on the etihad site about brussels.

OO-VEX

Post by OO-VEX »

regi wrote:by the way, still no news on the etihad site about brussels.
Please give Etihad Airways some time to start up their operations to BRU and YYZ.

no news on their site??
:arrow: Brussels is now indicated on their route map
:arrow: In the Etihad press release of 06/04/'05 (Etihad to launch Frankfurt service) you can read that they plan to introduce BRU, YYZ and JNB in 2005.
:arrow: they had job vacancies on the Brussels Airport website

Aren't these reliable indications that EY will come to BRU??

OO-VEX

regi

Post by regi »

yes!
it is on their route map as a future destination. Not yet in the shedule. But you are right, we must remain positive.
Okay, okay, fingers crossed.
I see Beirut and Amman on their route map.
[end of message removed by admin as it might be interpreted as a political statement]

asianboy

Post by asianboy »

they said 2005.maybe the end of the year. :)
keep smiling :lol:

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

Etihad Airways bolstering European routes

Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, has announced it will offer an additional weekly flight between Abu Dhabi and Geneva and three non-stop flights per week between the UAE capital and Munich.
Aum Sweet Aum.

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

:offtopic: But IMPORTANT

Etihad flys to Frankfurt

Etihad Airways is to commence daily flights between Abu Dhabi and Frankfurt starting from June 1 2005.

Dr. Sheikh Ahmed Bin Saif Al Nahyan, Chairman of Civil Aviation Department in Abu Dhabi and Chairman of Etihad Airways said this demonstrates our commitment to providing guests with greater access between Europe and the UAE.
Aum Sweet Aum.

Badabing

Post by Badabing »

I kinda like this Luchtzak forum. Please let's keep it clean ?

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Badabing wrote:I kinda like this Luchtzak forum. Please let's keep it clean ?
That's why a few controversial messages have been removed, and also the ensuing dialogues. No offence to anybody, but we do not want this forum to become an area where people express political opinions.
André
ex Sabena #26567

themole

Post by themole »

sn26567 wrote: [end of message removed by admin as it might be interpreted as a political statement]
Thanks for the wise decision and good judgement. I restrained to comment on these statements for obvious reasons.

As for Etihad Airways, do I hear a little bird singing in the rain about how much it likes Brussels around late October? For the record, besides Brussels and Toronto, also Paris CDG, Doha, Jeddah, Muscat, Johannesburg and Manila will be launched later this year. Frankfurt will be launched more specifically on the 1st of June.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Etihad is now in discussion with Airbus to place an order for some airplanes. At this moment nothing is know what type. More info when the Paris Air show is passed.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Etihad Cargo is to expand in Europe. They are now going to fly to Milan Malpensa. Source: Justplanes.com
Also next months we can expect new destinations. I'm very curious if we in Brussels also can receive a new cargoline to Abu Dhabi. An A 300 or A310. Very nice.

blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

the route map of Etihad has been updated.

http://www.etihadairways.com/presentation/default.aspx
Go to "about Etihad", there you'll find the map.

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

What has been updated? I don't see any change ...

Danny

Bottie

Post by Bottie »

DannyVDB wrote:What has been updated? I don't see any change ...

Danny

You can see 'Brussels' on the Etihad Route Map

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

It's there already for weeks and was mentioned somewhere in this forum some time ago ...

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

There is a new topic on airliners.net on this issue and one of the comments is as follows.

I heard that this route had fallen through, and the Job Interviews in Canada had all been cancelled.

I sincerely hope that this route does come to fruition. It would be fantastic, as there are very few flights out of UAE to Canada (all 1-stop)!!!!

Since the topic shows they do not really know, it's rumours, I guess we should keep waiting and have some patience. If the route is going to start, it will not before the winter season, so that gives them some more time.

When are new routes for the winter season in general announced?

Danny

regi

Post by regi »

Brussels is on the route map as a future destination, but it is not yet mentioned in the shedule.

SN30952

Post by SN30952 »

regi wrote:Brussels is on the route map as a future destination, but it is not yet mentioned in the shedule.
Ya, it is like when you use viamichelin to determine how to go from Leuven to Maastricht. The route map shows Hasselt, but you never go there on your way to Maastricht. And once you passed Genk, you're thinking, maybe I'd stop sometime in Hasselt, they say it's nice shopping overthere. But then that next time you find yourself shopping in Antwerp.
I see you there, when we get there.

My manager once said 35 years ago: "Ik zien dat ik niks zien". I see that I see nothing.

That's how far we got after >75 days in this forum item. And that is what I was saying from the beginning: I see you there, when we get there.