SN Brussels Airlines to Budapest

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

sn26567

SN Brussels Airlines to Budapest

Post by sn26567 »

Luchtzak proudly announced yesterday (https://www.aviation24.be/modules.php?name ... e&sid=1288) that SN BA would fly to BUD next winter season.

Since it is useless to post comments in the latest news section (nobody reads them!), I repeat my questions hereunder:

1) What plane will be used for that flight?
2) Will the route be codeshared with Malev?

P.S. The mid-day schedule is not ideal for business. MA with their two flights in the morning and the afternoon is more lokely to attract the business clientele.
André
ex Sabena #26567

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

1) What plane will be used for that flight?
They will use the AVRO RJ

Greetings

Airbuske :D

BBKing

Post by BBKing »

The schedule is not really great, but the destination is !!!

Last year I was in Budapest and it is really a great city. Bart will not complain to have a night stop there. Good beer, good food, good night clubs and ..... great girls !!!

Last year I made the trip with Lufthansa.

Due to a delayed departure in Brussels, we arrived in Munchen far too late for our connection to Budapest. So we were preparing a good fight with a Lufthansa employee ...

Arriving in Munchen and disembarking, a Lufthansa employee was actually waiting for us and pushed us in a little VW-van. Then started a enormous race over the Munchen airport platform to a little office.

An officer was waiting there for us for a check of our passports.

Within minutes we were racing again in the van over to the other end of the platform. At the end we arrived at our Dash 8-400 plane, that was waiting for us !!!!

Immediately after boarding, the doors were closed and we took off, less than 5 minutes after arrival from Brussels.

During the Budapest sector, we were really impressed by this Lufthansa service, but on the other hand we were convinced that our luggage would be still on the CRJ. So again we were preparing for a little fight.

But .... arriving in Budapest, we found our luggage being on the Dash 8 to.

Great Lufthansa service !!!!!!

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

It is nice to fly back to Budapest, however I am not quite sure that we do nightstop! Let's wait for that! (Lets pray)

One tip is that you never should ask the taxi-driver to drop you off near a disco... They drop you off where the beautiful ladies are (and expensive too) and it can cost you 250 € per person!! Consult before you act !! And no it wasn't me who asked the taxi-driver to drop us off at a disco ;-) ;-)

ciao,

Bart
:rock:

BBKing

Post by BBKing »

Bart

Did you have to go on the trip with guys who had to pay for a girl ???? Oooooh my god !!!!!

Next time ask me to join you .... I never have to pay for a girl !!!!!

But I'm getting :offtopic:

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

BBKing wrote:Did you have to go on the trip with guys who had to pay for a girl ???? Oooooh my god !!!!!

Next time ask me to join you .... I never have to pay for a girl !!!!!
Shhhhht !!! We have ladies on this list :oops:
André
ex Sabena #26567

Avro

Post by Avro »

Bart,

Be craefull when you're telling us such stories... Muisje is watching you on the forum :wink:

Ciao
Chris
8)

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Guys !!

first of all it wasn't me !! Second of all about everyone who went to Budapest knows the stories! ;-)

ciao,

Bart
:rock:

Avro

Post by Avro »

I don't think SNBA will code share the flight with Malev, or at least they say nothing about it in their press release.

I don't understand why they don't fly in the morning and in the evening, if they want to attract many business pasengers :?: especially if the flight isn't code-shared :!:

Anybody an idea :?:

Greetz
Chris
8)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Avro wrote:I don't understand why they don't fly in the morning and in the evening, if they want to attract many business pasengers :?: especially if the flight isn't code-shared :!:

Anybody an idea :?:
I guess the plane must be busy elsewhere during the peak morning and evening hours.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Minos

Discover Budapest at reduced fares

Post by Minos »

Discover Budapest at reduced fares

Fly from Brussels to Budapest and discover our new destination in Hungary. SN Brussels Airlines offers special fares!

From Brussels to Budapest: 227,55 EUR

Conditions:

Listed prices are valid for a return trip in Economy class, taxes included. This promotion is bookable until 26 October 2003. Start traveling is allowed from 27 October until 15 December 2003 (last return on 15 December 2003). Minimum stay of the night from Saturday to Sunday. Maximum stay of 14days. Tickets are non-refundable, non-transferable and non-changeable. Reservation and ticketing at the same time. Limited seats available.

Minos

Comet

Post by Comet »

We have a wonderful SNBA exclusive on my Yahoo group, but I ain't posting it on here!!!
So if you want to read it you'll have to go over onto my Yahoo Griup home page and see it there!!
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Comet,

You should also have given the URL of your Yahoo group:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sabenabelgianairlines/
André
ex Sabena #26567

Comet

Post by Comet »

sn26567 wrote:Comet,

You should also have given the URL of your Yahoo group:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sabenabelgianairlines/
Thanks Andre, and sorry, I knew I had it on my profile until the other day when I changed the homepage URL to my new pride and joy!!
(Gives me a bit of publicity for the Group though!!) :D
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Comet,

I am thankful to you for writing so much nice messages about this website :oops: :oops:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sabenabel ... y=luchtzak

Makes me feel 8) , 8O and :lol:

I wanted to register on your yahoogroup but I lost my accountname and pass. I will find it back soon!

greetings,

Bart
:dance:

liebensd

Post by liebensd »

When I was reading an old Airliner World magazine, I found this article.
Airliner World May 2002:

Sn Brussels Airlines, which unveiled its new livery on Avro RJ100 OO-DWC, plans to resume services to Athens, Lisbon, Tel Aviv, Beirut and Moscow after merge talks with VirginExpress were abandoned. These former Sabena destinations are not served at the present because of the limited range of the Avro fleet. Now it seems likely that Sn Brussels Airlines will acquire up to half a dozen 130-seat jets, with the Airbus A319 understood to be the front-runner.

Facts now
Lisbon, Tel Aviv are operated, probably also Athens this winter.
There are no 6 A319 but 3

Do someone know or other mentions in this article will become real?

Greetz,

Dave

sn26567

Re: Discover Budapest at reduced fares

Post by sn26567 »

Minos wrote:Fly from Brussels to Budapest and discover our new destination in Hungary. SN Brussels Airlines offers special fares!

From Brussels to Budapest: 227,55 EUR
Funny! When SN BA introduces a new destination at reduced fares, SWISS counterattacks with a fare of €170.00 via ZRH (see their today's internet newsletter) and deepens its abysmal losses.

Smart strategy :(
André
ex Sabena #26567

Avro

Post by Avro »

indeed it's a smart strategy, but do you really think they could steal many pax :?: I don't think so :!:

Ciao
Chris
8)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

They could steal Sabena_690 who prefers to see as many airports as possible ;-)

But not me, who prefers direct non-stop flights :)
André
ex Sabena #26567