BRU Summer 2021: news, new routes, airlines

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

lumumba

Re: BRU Summer 2022: news, new routes, airlines

Post by lumumba »

sn26567 wrote: 04 Jul 2021, 15:30
lumumba wrote: 03 Jul 2021, 22:53 Are the lounges open at the airport?
The Diamond lounges are open, both in Pier A and B. I think that Brussels' Airlines Sunrise lounge for African flights is also open from 08:00 to 12:00, as well as The Loft from 05:00 to 20:00.
Thx but I could use it because my son could go in because he was flying with Brussels Airlines but not on the same destination!
And the lounge was completely empty.
Hasta la victoria siempre.

jerry

Re: BRU Summer 2021: news, new routes, airlines

Post by jerry »

I think all *A carriers apply the same rule: companions need to travel on the same destination. It's not just SN.

Poiu

Post by Poiu »

lumumba wrote: 04 Jul 2021, 23:08 Thx but I could use it because my son could go in because he was flying with Brussels Airlines but not on the same destination!
The companion, travelling on the same flight, lounge access is a free extra. Your son wasn’t on the same flight so was not entitled to it.
You can always try to “talk him in” as you did, but don’t you think that complaining about it on a public forum is a bit over the top?

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

Poiu wrote: 05 Jul 2021, 13:22
lumumba wrote: 04 Jul 2021, 23:08 Thx but I could use it because my son could go in because he was flying with Brussels Airlines but not on the same destination!
The companion, travelling on the same flight, lounge access is a free extra. Your son wasn’t on the same flight so was not entitled to it.
You can always try to “talk him in” as you did, but don’t you think that complaining about it on a public forum is a bit over the top?
I don't know I didn't know this was the rule,in my memory it wasn't like that before it's new!?

When I go on holiday with my family (we are 7) Swiss and Lufthansa let us use there lounge for all.
Here they just started to fly again and the lounge was completely empty so what's the point!
Also they knew about the problem's at the check in so to make it smoother it would be normal but it looks service is not important anymore no prob I fly with LH or Swiss they are easier.
With AF we can do it!

Homo Aeroportus

Post by Homo Aeroportus »

https://www.miles-and-more.com/be/en/pr ... -2020.html

07/12/2020
New rules for travel companions in the lounge from May 2021

Whether it’s a business partner or family member, HON Circle Members, Senators and Star Gold passengers may continue to take travel companions with them into Lufthansa Group lounges and Star Alliance lounges worldwide in accordance with the rules already in place.
From 3 May 2021, these travel companions must travel on the same flight.

H.A.

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

Homo Aeroportus wrote: 05 Jul 2021, 16:49 From :

07/12/2020

Whether it’s a business partner or family member, HON Circle Members, Senators and Star Gold passengers may continue to take travel companions with them into Lufthansa Group lounges and Star Alliance lounges worldwide in accordance with the rules already in place.

H.A.
So like I said it's new,one more reason to let it go in the beginning with good clients(senator 2 star's) sure when the lounge is empty but it looks service is not important anymore!

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

lumumba wrote: 05 Jul 2021, 17:02

07/12/2020

H.A.
So like I said it's new,one more reason to let it go in the beginning with good clients(senator 2 star's) sure when the lounge is empty but it looks service is not important anymore!
Hope with all my heart you will manage to relativize. This is not the most serious problem we encountered in the last 18 months ! ;)

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

nordikcam wrote: 05 Jul 2021, 21:05
lumumba wrote: 05 Jul 2021, 17:02

07/12/2020

H.A.
Hope with all my heart you will manage to relativize. This is not the most serious problem we encountered in the last 18 months ! ;)
I understand but I hope they will improve because it's a matter of competition with other airports and airlines.

longwings

Post by longwings »

lumumba wrote: 05 Jul 2021, 21:08 I understand but I hope they will improve because it's a matter of competition with other airports and airlines.
I'd say get used to it. As the number of passengers with lounge access was increasing before Covid, most airlines reacted not by expanding their lounges, but adding access restrictions. Air Canada, United, Cathay well before Brussels, among the ones I (used to) fly regularly. Lounge capacity is still Covid-capped in many places, so restrictions are not easing.

Yes, you can drive to AMS. Losing your business is cheaper than building a bigger lounge.

Homo Aeroportus

Post by Homo Aeroportus »

Just got an email from BRU informing about a tool they developed to help you checking the possible restrictions to entry in any country.

BRU Travel Advice.png

It won't get me running tomorrow to Tunisia because its green on the map, but I'd say it is a commendable effort from BRU to invite travel.
Link : https://www.brusselsairport.be/en/passe ... &utm_term=

I'll add one advice : Stay Safe and stick to the rules.

H.A.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

WestJet, which will start flying from Calgary (Canada) to Amsterdam two or three times weekly from 5 August, will codeshare with KLM on flights from Amsterdam to several European cities, including Brussels.

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/west ... -with-klm/
André
ex Sabena #26567

theeuropean

Post by theeuropean »

Not airline news but I did the fast test in BRU today results can take up to 4-5 hours. They are also testing a new type of test (free) and if it works they’ll start using it from next week.

Tb1

Post by Tb1 »

Aer Lingus will start to fly again to DUB, from 05 aug :)

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

Finnair to increase to a daily flight on Sat from end of the month.
Hi. I'm Thibault Lapers. @ThibaultLapers & @TLspotting