Brussels Airport and its environment.

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

airazurxtror

Brussels Airport and its environment.

Post by airazurxtror »

L’aéroport de Bruxelles-National fait trop peu pour s’intégrer dans son environnement. C’est la conclusion générale des bureaux A-Tech et Anotec, mandatés par Céline Fremault (CDH), ministre de l’Environnement à la Région bruxelloise, pour évaluer la gestion des nuisances sonores à Zaventem.
L’étude propose de comparer l’aéroport national avec une dizaine d’autres dans le monde : Arlanda (Suède), Charleroi, Liège, Manchester, Munich, Vienne, Vancouver, Syndey, Portland, Toulouse et de Schipol (Amsterdam). Pour chacun, est calculé un indicateur (le Ldenpop) agrégeant la population exposée au bruit et le degré d’exposition.

Ces aéroports ont été questionnés sur l’application concrète de quatre principes définissant une approche "équilibrée" de leur fonctionnement : une réduction du bruit à la source (au niveau des avions), la planification foncière (insonorisation, règles urbanistiques, aménagement du territoire), les procédures opérationnelles (routes aériennes, trajectoires de déscente, etc.) et, enfin, les réductions opérationnelles (limitation de l’activité de l’aéroport, la nuit par exemple).

Parmi les aéroports étudiés, celui de Zaventem est le champion en termes d’impact sur les populations.

Extrait de :
http://www.lalibre.be/actu/belgique/zav ... e9b2f0b858

Brussels National Airport does too little to fit into its environment. This is the general conclusion of the experts mandated by Céline Fremault (HRC), Minister of the Environment to the Brussels Region, to assess the management of noise in Zaventem.
The study proposes to compare the national airport with a dozen others in the world: Arlanda (Sweden), Charleroi, Liège, Manchester, Munich, Vienna, Vancouver, Syndey, Portland, Toulouse and Schiphol (Amsterdam). For each, an indicator is calculated (the Ldenpop) aggregating the population exposed to noise and the degree of exposure.

These airports were asked about the practical application of four principles defining a "balanced" approach to their operation: noise reduction at source (in aircraft), land planning (soundproofing, building regulations, land use) , operational procedures (airways, descent paths, etc.) and finally operational reductions (limiting the activity of the airport at night for example).

Among the airports studied, Zaventem is the worst in terms of impact on populations.
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

speedbird1

Re: Brussels Airport and its environment.

Post by speedbird1 »

As we say in the UK... 'If in doubt make a report'!

I'm sure many people had many meetings to come up with this report, but I think most of us could come up with these findings. To sum it up the more houses there are closer to an airport the higher the amount of people hearing aircraft is, that really is amazing stuff...!

Next report please!

Rgds,
Speedy

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

hahahaha, the most rediculous report. Who made it? Who were the participants?

Look what the airport achieved in the last 10 to 15 years about environmental actions. A LOT!
The airport do everything to be green, noise levels, restrictions, informing people who are living around the airport, mobility, energy, etc.

they cannot do anything about the fact that the governments are still allowing that people can build or buy houses so close to the airport or the runways.

The airport cannot do anything about the fact that politicians can decide where an aircraft have to fly.

All nonsenses and only blablabla for elections and votes

liege-bierset

Post by liege-bierset »

Atlantis wrote:hahahaha, the most rediculous report. Who made it? Who were the participants?

Look what the airport achieved in the last 10 to 15 years about environmental actions. A LOT!
The airport do everything to be green, noise levels, restrictions, informing people who are living around the airport, mobility, energy, etc.

they cannot do anything about the fact that the governments are still allowing that people can build or buy houses so close to the airport or the runways.

The airport cannot do anything about the fact that politicians can decide where an aircraft have to fly.

All nonsenses and only blablabla for elections and votes
]hahahaha, the most rediculous report..... .Did you read the report ?
And the most ridiculous comment of the week on this forum ! It' s just an other example of your bad faith
:lol:

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

If in doubt make a report
allow me to elaborate:

If in doubt, pay someone handsomely to write a report supporting your actions/decisions/opinions.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

liege-bierset wrote:
Atlantis wrote:hahahaha, the most rediculous report. Who made it? Who were the participants?

Look what the airport achieved in the last 10 to 15 years about environmental actions. A LOT! The airport do everything to be green, noise levels, restrictions, informing people who are living around the airport, mobility, energy, etc. They cannot do anything about the fact that the governments are still allowing that people can build or buy houses so close to the airport or the runways. The airport cannot do anything about the fact that politicians can decide where an aircraft have to fly. All nonsenses and only blablabla for elections and votes
]hahahaha, the most rediculous report..... .Did you read the report ?
And the most ridiculous comment of the week on this forum ! It' s just an other example of your bad faith
This acid reaction from someone with nickname "Liège-Bierset" seems to confirm the rumour that one can read quite often in the Flemish press: the anti-BRU protest mainly serves those who hope that (cargo) airlines will move their (cargo) activities from the centre of Belgium to the south of Belgium.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

The SOWAER has taken a number of measures fot the inhabitants around Liège et Charleroi airports :
http://www.sowaer.be/sowaer.php?cat=5&sscat=28
The owner of a house in the vicinty of the airports can sell it to the Walloon Region or ask the complete sound-proofing of the house.
The tenants of such houses can move and get an indemnity.
As far as I know, the Flemish and Brussels Regions propose nothing of the kind as regards the airport at Zaventem.
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

Hm, I do seem to remember some offers of sound-proofing houses around Steenokkerzeel (right between 25L and 25R!) but cannot remember or care to seek the details.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Around Brussels Airport, the Flemish and Brussels government should take actions but not only they, also the local government.
It's not normal that a huge big new land was used to build new houses, a lot of new houses, under the flightpath. I speak then about Steenokkerzeel, so next to the airport.

But who was the Retail agency? Yes, the brother of the mayor of Zaventem. You see the picture?

So you have an airport who is fighting against higher goals, politics and so on. So the airport cannot do a
anything against this.

And before people are going to buy a house there or to rent, they should be aware that they are living to a very busy airport instead of complaining.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Reading some of the posts here above, may I please ask people to cool down? No need to use harsh words or to insult others: we can remain polite and treat people with opposing views in a civilised manner.

Thanks!
André
ex Sabena #26567

liege-bierset

Post by liege-bierset »

airazurxtror wrote:The SOWAER has taken a number of measures fot the inhabitants around Liège et Charleroi airports :
http://www.sowaer.be/sowaer.php?cat=5&sscat=28
The owner of a house in the vicinty of the airports can sell it to the Walloon Region or ask the complete sound-proofing of the house.
The tenants of such houses can move and get an indemnity.
As far as I know, the Flemish and Brussels Regions propose nothing of the kind as regards the airport at Zaventem.
I confirm ! I live near LGG airport, 2000 m from touch-down. My house was built in 1985 (before TNT moved in). The house has been very well sound-proofed (4 bedrooms and a 50 m2 living room) two years ago.
Now noise level in night rooms does not exceed 45 dB (A). Total estimated cost: 70,000 EUR (for R.W. of course and not a kopeck to me). But the whole process may take up to 3-4 years.
For LGG, so far 1.200 houses have been purchased by SOWAER (Zone A') and 4.800 were or are eligible for insulation work. (Zones B', C' and D' fixe premium) .
Interesting enough, most of the houses purchased by SOWAER are rented after improvement and in average there are 40 to 50 candidates/house. Of course around BRU, it would cost a fortune to follow a similar process.
The only credible solution would be to have a real night curfew (As FRA, ZUR...)
Just a side comment: why attracting a Canadian cargo C° flying old DC10's. :shock:

liege-bierset

Post by liege-bierset »

Atlantis wrote:Around Brussels Airport, the Flemish and Brussels government should take actions but not only they, also the local government.
It's not normal that a huge big new land was used to build new houses, a lot of new houses, under the flightpath. I speak then about Steenokkerzeel, so next to the airport.

But who was the Retail agency? Yes, the brother of the mayor of Zaventem. You see the picture?

So you have an airport who is fighting against higher goals, politics and so on. So the airport cannot do a
anything against this.

And before people are going to buy a house there or to rent, they should be aware that they are living to a very busy airport instead of complaining.
I agree with you on this point but don't you think that problem at BRU is more complex than that. :?
Again, if you compare with LGG, you have no chance to obtain building permit if you are in Zone A' and B'. (now considered as industrial zone)
For C' and D', your new house has to be insulated from the start and agree not to claim for any future future.

liege-bierset

Post by liege-bierset »

Passenger wrote:This acid reaction from someone with nickname "Liège-Bierset" seems to confirm the rumour that one can read quite often in the Flemish press: the anti-BRU protest mainly serves those who hope that (cargo) airlines will move their (cargo) activities from the centre of Belgium to the south of Belgium.
Seriously, I am surprised you need to read "the Flemish press" to forge your own opinion about what I have in mind. Once again, I am not anti-BRU at all. (What a stupid expression !) This is really childish language. You should stop to come with this kind of b..s...
Let the world say what it will. I am not interested in your hidden political agenda.
By the way, who has been spoiling the market by ridiculously underquoting at Qatar and Ethiopian to get a slice of market share.(the centre or the south of Belgium ? )
If I' m not wrong you may soon have a sour surprise about cargo activity. :lol:

BRU

Post by BRU »

liege-bierset wrote:If I' m not wrong you may soon have a sour surprise about cargo activity. :lol:
Aha, what will happen ??