Take Air, new ANR operation

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Flanker2

Take Air, new ANR operation

Post by Flanker2 »

I refer to this article https://www.aviation24.be/airlines_press_r ... n-airline/

Interesting concept IMO.
Straight into Zürich, Paris and London, 5 times a day with King air's.
1000 euro's to become a member, then 1650 per month for all you can fly.

If they can get enough active members, it can work.

RoMax

Re: Take air, new ANR operation

Post by RoMax »

Flanker2 wrote: Straight into Zürich, Paris and London, 5 times a day with King air's.
Mind that it's Antwerp-Zurich and London-Paris (so not from ANR to all three).

I like the concept. It has to be seen if they can get enough members, but certainly an interesting one to follow.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Luchtzak member "carllegein" (active in The Aviation Factory) is one of the two associates at the helm of Take Air. The other one is young entrepreneur Mathieu Dardenne (30).

They aim at a maximum of 200 members at the beginning, in order not to choke the system. Membership could be expanded later.
André
ex Sabena #26567

AAI

Post by AAI »

it won't be easy to find 200 members, i think
i hope they have a regular customer already, who wants to fly every day!

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

AAI wrote: i hope they have a regular customer already, who wants to fly every day!
They don't need customers that want to fly every day, they just need enough customers that want to pay their fixed monthly membership fee. For someone that makes a lot of return trips to Zurich each month (and there are lots of these people in the Antwerp area), 1650 Euro is not that much, not for what you get in return: very high flexibility, a short trip due to the very short check-in time limit, usage of business/general aviation terminals, etc.
AAI wrote:it won't be easy to find 200 members, i think
But as that 200 number is a maximum to begin with, they certainly don't need that many members to cover their costs.
I don't have data from market research, but I think there must be quite some people interested in a membership like this as they frequently fly between Antwerp and Zurich or Paris and London.

Stij

Post by Stij »

Surf Air, that offers the same product in the USA, has a waiting list... it can work...

Cheers,

Stij

carllegein

Post by carllegein »

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

carllegein wrote:thanks guys, will keep you updated. The press coverage is very good !

http://www.demorgen.be/reizen/nieuwe-be ... -a2141328/
http://www.gva.be/cnt/dmf20141210_01422 ... -shortlist
...and at the end of this ATV report (Antwerpse Televisie) about Antwerp Airport:
http://atv.be/nieuws/2014-12-10/luchtha ... Ii-xunu19A

sdbelgium

Post by sdbelgium »

Also a nice report with pictures here:
http://www.flightlevel.be/41022/belgisc ... an-de-pers

tangolima

Post by tangolima »

Hello

Flights will be operated by King Air's of ASL

Greetings,
All my posted timings are local !

saratoga

Post by saratoga »

Well i must say i am really curious how this project will develop. But if i understand well, there will be fixed schedule flights (fixed routes on fixd times).This means there will be also empty legs. How are they going to financially cope with that? You need to have a lot of members to cover those expenses. And what is the hourly price for a king air?

tangolima

Post by tangolima »

saratoga wrote:Well i must say i am really curious how this project will develop. But if i understand well, there will be fixed schedule flights (fixed routes on fixd times).This means there will be also empty legs. How are they going to financially cope with that? You need to have a lot of members to cover those expenses. And what is the hourly price for a king air?
Hello

I guess around 4 500 Euro's/hour.

Greetings,

Stij

Post by Stij »

Checked with a friend of mine that commutes a lot between LA and the Bay Area and this is his opinion about SurfAir:
Surfair. This is totally for the tech crowd, but the ones worth just a few millions, not Zuckerberg-lucre.

Kinda know them.
I believe they got big traction with the tech crowd for trying to open a route from the small airport in Santa Monica, direct to San Jose or San Carlos.
Sillicon Beach to Sillicon Valley, 1.5 hours from walk on to walkoff.
It’s a fantastic idea.

But like most great ideas, reality then hit. The NIMBY folks living near SM airport 86d the idea. The airline instead had to fly from the Van Nuys in the Valley. Nobody wants to go there to fly. And traffic on the FWY there is atrocious.

Hopefully it works out as advertised.
Silicon Valley is booming and everybody wants to go there.
So, I presume Take Air is looking at a couple of fat cat private bankers that commute between Flanders and Zürich.

Cheers,

Stij

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Stij wrote:So, I presume Take Air is looking at a couple of fat cat private bankers that commute between Flanders and Zürich.
... and diamond traders !
André
ex Sabena #26567

tangolima

Post by tangolima »

Hello

I just did some checks on my daily lists I post on this website for ANR and I found out the following

Flights from ANR to GVA in JUN2014: 6
Flight from ANR to ZRH in JUN2014: 1

Flights from ANR to GVA in JUL2014: 1
Flight from ANR to ZRH in JUL2014: 0

Flights from ANR to GVA in SEP2014: 2
Flight from ANR to ZRH in SEP2014: 6

Flights from ANR to GVA in OCT2014: 3
Flight from ANR to ZRH in OCT2014: 0

Flights from ANR to GVA in the last month: 4
Flight from ANR to ZRH in the last month: 1

Just some statistics ;) So after I saw this I started thinking why ZRH and why not GVA ?

Greetings,

b720

Post by b720 »

Diamond trade is more linked with GVA, as auction houses are located there..Watch makers, and grand jewelers are all based in GVA, not in ZRH.. Private wealth bankers are located in GVA as well, while corporates bankers are in ZRH. I also wonder why they chose ZRH over GVA.
I do believe in their product though.. For someone based in the ANR region and relocating to ZRH, GVA, or the London area, remains cheaper to stay at home with the familey in ANR, pay the EUR 1600 every month and fly back and forth daily.. saving on very expensive rent in those cities..and spending more time with the family, without having to relocate the whole family.. The question whether there enough such potential commuters in the ANR region?

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

With VLM already launching doubly daily Genèva in January, I don't think GVA is the primary choice. And no doubt Take Air/The Aviation Factory knew VLM would go after the GVA market as their first new scheduled route, that was written in the stars.

Earlier market research of VOKA (the only one I'm aware of which the results are (partly) published) showed that GVA would indeed be a bigger market in both business and leisure, but ZRH is not that far behind. (also not the importance of Barcelona, Miland and Berlin, no wonder these will be 3 of JAF's new destinations from ANR)
http://www.voka.be/antwerpen-waasland/n ... p-airport/

I'm sure there might be a market besides VLM for a more luxurious product on the ANR-GVA route, but ZRH with no direct services might be a better opportunity to start with. If you have to travel a lot between Antwerp and Zurich (and there are many corporate bankers doing that, to name just one part of the market), 1,650 Euro is not that much. Just five round-trips a month and you pay only 330 Euro for a quite luxurious and very flexible product.

FLYAIR10

Post by FLYAIR10 »

Press releases in Gemany !
Nice publicity. Already a press release in Germany. Does this mean that soon new citypairs in/with Germany will be opened? or just testing reactions and possible interest in the German market..?

As per Wikipedia there is apparently already a 'Take Air' flying in the Caribbean. Is there a link with the European Take Air?
Just wondering....
Grtz

tangolima

Post by tangolima »

Hello

Just found out that the Take Air website looks very similar to the Airfix Aviation website (Finish private jet carrier)

www.flytakeair.com
www.airfixaviation.fi

Greetings,