SN operates a dedicated Red Devils flight to Sao Paulo

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

tolipanebas

SN operates a dedicated Red Devils flight to Sao Paulo

Post by tolipanebas »

This Summer, Brussels airlines will operate some flights to São Paulo in the frame work of the Belgian Red Devils soccer campaign at the world championship.

For this purpose an A330 will be painted in a dedicated Red Devils livery, similar to the one on the 2 A320s.

Tickets for the flight (and tickets for all matches included) can be booked through: http://news.brusselsairlines.com/optiex ... lUe4xFSBKg

Last edited by sn26567 on 10 Jun 2014, 16:27, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: title corrected

crew1990

Re: SN to operate dedicated Red Devils flight to Sao Paolo.

Post by crew1990 »

And I guess there will be a second flight to bring them back :-) but the date still unknow regarding their performance.

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

The whole team in the same plane ?
Is that safe ?
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

tangolima

Post by tangolima »

Acid-drop wrote:The whole team in the same plane ?
Is that safe ?
Hello

The red devils are always flying together on the same aircraft. So why would this be different ?

Other teams also fly together (Germany, Nigeria , England etc)

Greetings,
All my posted timings are local !

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

When they transfer by bus they are in the same bus as well. This is not the Royal Family this "just" soccer player ;-)

andorra-airport

Post by andorra-airport »

Is that safe ?

Indeed, not safe. I guess you are thinking of that Surinam crash?

tangolima

Post by tangolima »

andorra-airport wrote:
Is that safe ?

Indeed, not safe. I guess you are thinking of that Surinam crash?
Hello

Why would this event change the policy of flying together?
All football teams fly together. Real Madrid, KRC Genk, Club Brugge, Anderlecht, Ajax, AZ Alkmaar , Red Devils , national team of Germany, England , Nigeria.

The last three even fly to Brazil with a full VIP aircraft.

The only occasion that some players fly back with a private jet is when their team is needs them for training or a game in the next coming days they have to play for their club team. I remember when I was in Greece 2 years ago with the red devils team, only 2 players flew back to their club team with a private jet. All the others came back to BRU.

Greetings,

B.Inventive

Post by B.Inventive »

don't worry,
we are not air france
we go around the storm ;) (if that is your concern :p )

FlightMate

Post by FlightMate »

Don't be too cocky ;-)
Very few of you have experience flying the south america route.
(basically, I'm implying: don't be overconfident, it's a big killer in aviation)

Concerning the ad, they show an a320. Would have been better with an A330, IMO.

travellover

Post by travellover »

GRU. It has been discussed yet but probably remains an added value market for SN. Inbev, brazilian economy booming, south american hub ... Is it considered by SN for the mid-term ?
Last edited by travellover on 27 Feb 2014, 19:06, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

For a second I thought it was a new route, but good initiative, IMHO.
They seem to be positioning themselves more as a real flag carrier these days, linking up with typical Belgian items. Good move, as some chauvinism won't hurt our little country nor it's airline.
Maybe I am nostalgic, but I prefer to buy Belgian whenever I can. If not, we'll all be out if work in the end, you know, because there's always somebody going to be willing to do it cheaper than is possible in Belgium, not just the flying, but basically also OUR more normal job, and then suddenly all that open market stuff isn't so great anymore, is it?

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

i was thinking about this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munich_air_disaster

but that's a long time ago ;)
but indeed, that route isn't so relax, the AF crash didn't make me laugh...
This is not the Royal Family this "just" soccer player
I care more about that team than the royal folks ;)
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

Modern aviation is so safe that they are not going to arrange two (or more) aircraft for one team. It's more dangerous for them to take the same bus or stay in the same hotel in a country like Brazil, than that they will all be killed in a crash, even when they need to cross the 'dangerous' South Atlantic.

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

It's more than just the Brazil flights, (at least) until mid 2016 SN will be the official carrier for the KBVB (so besides the Red Devils, the Red Flames (women) and the youth teams). So all transfers by air by these teams will be operated by SN.
Red Devils flying to/from Belgium from the location of their respective clubs (such as Madrid, Manchester, Rome,... ) will also fly on SN.

http://brusselsairlines.prezly.com/brus ... red-devils

tangolima

Re: SN to operate dedicated Red Devils flight to Sao Paulo

Post by tangolima »

RoMax wrote: Red Devils flying to/from Belgium from the location of their respective clubs (such as Madrid, Manchester, Rome,... ) will also fly on SN.

http://brusselsairlines.prezly.com/brus ... red-devils
Hello

I remember when I was in Crete 2 years ago with the Red devils team, 2 players flew back to their club team with a private jet. All the others flew back to BRU.

If SN has got bad hours for flights to Madrid,Manchester, Rome... believe me the club will arrange a private jet to fly them much faster. They will not wait until the next SN flight even with a contract. Probably after Brazil everybody will come back on the same aircraft due to the fact that the football season has a break in July or maybe some players will go on holiday immediately.

Greetings,

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

tangolima wrote: If SN has got bad hours for flights to Madrid,Manchester, Rome... believe me the club will arrange a private jet to fly them much faster. They will not wait until the next SN flight even with a contract. Probably after Brazil everybody will come back on the same aircraft due to the fact that the football season has a break in July or maybe some players will go on holiday immediately.
Of course, I should have added the words "if suitable" or "if possible". Thing is that SN is supposed to be choice number 1 everytime the shedule suits their needs. The moments they use business jets are not that frequent.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

tangolima wrote:I remember when I was in Crete 2 years ago with the Red devils team, 2 players flew back to their club team with a private jet. All the others flew back to BRU.

If SN has got bad hours for flights to Madrid,Manchester, Rome... believe me the club will arrange a private jet to fly them much faster.
The private jets are paid by the clubs, the SN flights are paid by the Belgian Football Federation.
André
ex Sabena #26567

travellover

Post by travellover »

A way to put their A330 wheels in Brazil for SN :)
Cheers

OO-ITR

Post by OO-ITR »

Apparantly the flight to Sao Paulo will be via Dakar.
So BRU-DKR-GRU
and GRU-DKR (ferry flight)
And DKR-BRU

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

An A330 isnt allowed to do the entire flight because of the ETOPS restrictions?