Ryanair in 2014

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

fcw

Re: Ryanair in 2014

Post by fcw »

Airbus330lover wrote:Always had by many airlines FR included.
Same .... yesterday.... done on 2 computers with different networks.
Can you tell us what you did exactly and what you mean with "Always had by many airlines"???

During the last three days I checked, three times a day, the price of a return ticket to Alicante on specific dates in May. Always used the same computer and the same internet connection.
On all 9 occasions I have been quoted the same price: 92€. (Vueling was asking for 129 and BruAir for 170 on the same dates). The FR website did remember my request though.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Ryanair announces Athens (ATH) and Thessaloniki (SKG) as new bases

http://www.ryanair.com/en/news/ryanair- ... -63-and-64

The march on the big airports continues ... ;)

Airbus330lover

Post by Airbus330lover »

Very good news...

Flanker2

Post by Flanker2 »

Lately, it's almost as if we are writing the future on luchtzak.be.

One week we discuss why Ryanair hypothetically would or would not be accepted by BRU (because pax are of "lower quality",etc...), two weeks later MOL announces a BRU base.
3 days before someone corrected me for saying that FR flies to ATH, instead of JAF, on my criticism of SN's ATH route. And now FR announces ATH out of CRL...

So what are we discussing next? MAD, MAN, NCE, PRG, BUD out of BRU? A few winter-proof UK routes out of either BRU or CRL?

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

Flanker2 wrote: 3 days before someone corrected me for saying that FR flies to ATH, instead of JAF, on my criticism of SN's ATH route. And now FR announces ATH out of CRL...
No they don't, they announce a base at ATH with 6 new routes, but no CRL or BRU so far.

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Ha!
MoL must read luchtzak!
MAD,NCE,PRG,MAN... Sounds more easy then FR, but who knows..
The battlefield get more wider..
CXB
on a side.. every opening of a base now means a closure of the same amount of flights somewhere else as the next deliveries B738 aren't expected before sep-oct...
And we don't hear much if these closures... Besides MST,..
Which bases will be withdrawn?
New types flown 2022.. A339

theeuropean

Post by theeuropean »

My comment was not a criticism against your views on SN's BRU-ATH route. I am happy SN starts more "competition" and choice on the route. Although its not really competition as both Aegean and SN are in the same alliance, do code-share agreements, etc. JAF still remains the only competitor on the route. They did fly from Charleroi at the time and then moved it to BRU. FR has never set foot (or should I say touched down) in Athens on regular scheduled flights until it announced its base today. I have also a quick question, this may be the wrong place to ask but is the SN flight to ATH having co-operation with travel agencies?

FR do however fly to Thessaloniki (SKG) and will increase their flights from 3x week to 7x week. I do eventually foresee a CRL/BRU-ATH route but when exactly I do not know.

Their new bases (I'm talking about the ones in ATH and SKG), In all honesty I am a little disappointed. With already 16 routes in/out of SKG I thought they would base more than 1 aircraft and do more routes. WIth ATH finally they came! Although in my opinion it was only a matter of time, and I am almost certain the A3/OA tie-up was part of the deal. But still only 3 international routes and 3 domestic routes is not something jumping up and down about as they are all destinations already served/will be served by A3 or EZY lets hope this will increase over time.

Now I am waiting for CPH to come online lets see how long that will take. Or alternatively a Norwegian or Easyjet flight to there from BRU would also be very handy for me.

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

theeuropean wrote:I have also a quick question, this may be the wrong place to ask but is the SN flight to ATH having co-operation with travel agencies?
From what I heard they do have major contracts for their flights to Athens and Corsica, same was the case with the route to Alicante which was recently launched and I believe the same goes for more of their South European routes, especially the seasonal ones.
I'm quite sure some of these routes to Southern Europe wouldn't be operated without such contracts that cover at least a major part of the costs without SN having to sell one single ticket on their own.

theeuropean

Post by theeuropean »

Thank you RoMax! :)

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

theeuropean wrote:My comment was not a criticism against your views on SN's BRU-ATH route. I am happy SN starts more "competition" and choice on the route. Although its not really competition as both Aegean and SN are in the same alliance, do code-share agreements, etc. JAF still remains the only competitor on the route. They did fly from Charleroi at the time and then moved it to BRU. FR has never set foot (or should I say touched down) in Athens on regular scheduled flights until it announced its base today. I have also a quick question, this may be the wrong place to ask but is the SN flight to ATH having co-operation with travel agencies?

FR do however fly to Thessaloniki (SKG) and will increase their flights from 3x week to 7x week. I do eventually foresee a CRL/BRU-ATH route but when exactly I do not know.

Their new bases (I'm talking about the ones in ATH and SKG), In all honesty I am a little disappointed. With already 16 routes in/out of SKG I thought they would base more than 1 aircraft and do more routes. WIth ATH finally they came! Although in my opinion it was only a matter of time, and I am almost certain the A3/OA tie-up was part of the deal. But still only 3 international routes and 3 domestic routes is not something jumping up and down about as they are all destinations already served/will be served by A3 or EZY lets hope this will increase over time.

Now I am waiting for CPH to come online lets see how long that will take. Or alternatively a Norwegian or Easyjet flight to there from BRU would also be very handy for me.
What you are seeing here is a blueprint for the future. As cathay pointed out, at the moment the fleet is not expanding. First new delivery is foreseen for october or november of this year. With over 100 extra B738 (and probably MAX later on) coming in the next few years, my guess is that we will see a big growth of these main airport bases. MAD, BRU, ATH, DUB,FCO, etc ...

I dont really think FR will go up north in direct competition with Norwegian. Rumours are calling for LIS, BER (SXF), VCE .., and who knows what else will follow

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

As part of the changes on Ryanair.com, customers can now access a “groups” section on the homepage. Ryanair says this will be of significant interest to all travelling groups including schools, sports clubs and other large party organisers.
A new business product, due to be unveiled in the coming weeks, will offer flexible tickets, reserved seating and fast-track through selected airports.

See more at: http://www.travolution.co.uk/articles/2 ... zrL6W.dpuf

Changing fast, is Ryanair.
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjfmjznXksU
A calm, friendly MOL talking to its customers instead of yelling new ideas to the media, well it's a nice change for sure! I can only welcome their change in customer service.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

I think the new PR director is a though one, if he/she can calm down MOL :p

woutertheboy

Post by woutertheboy »

RoMax wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjfmjznXksU
A calm, friendly MOL talking to its customers instead of yelling new ideas to the media, well it's a nice change for sure! I can only welcome their change in customer service.
The resolution is only 360P? I guess they captured those shots with a Mobile Phone... :lol:
When in doubt, hold on to your altitude. No-one has ever collided with the sky.

fcw

Post by fcw »

woutertheboy wrote:
RoMax wrote:The resolution is only 360P? I guess they captured those shots with a Mobile Phone... :lol:
Your point being?? :roll:

woutertheboy

Post by woutertheboy »

fcw wrote:
woutertheboy wrote:
RoMax wrote:The resolution is only 360P? I guess they captured those shots with a Mobile Phone... :lol:
Your point being?? :roll:
My opinion is that "Commercial videos" should atleast be shot in HD..
When in doubt, hold on to your altitude. No-one has ever collided with the sky.

fcw

Post by fcw »

woutertheboy wrote:My opinion is that "Commercial videos" should atleast be shot in HD..
Somebody has to pay for these commercials. Ryanair wants to remain low fare so they save money where possible. You have the right to think otherwise, but honestly, I don't see the " :lol: " of it.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

woutertheboy wrote:
RoMax wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjfmjznXksU
The resolution is only 360P? I guess they captured those shots with a Mobile Phone... :lol:
These videos are made to be embedded on the FR website. Not to screen them on a 6mx2m screen :roll:

When you want to beat a dog, you'll always find a stick, I suppose

Flanker2

Post by Flanker2 »

It surely is a change from MOL's typical media attitude but I'm pretty sure that this is more or less MOL's normal allure.

I welcome the changes at Ryanair, as long as it doesn't drive the prices up. The last thing one wants to see happen is that FR drives everybody out of business, only to jack up their fares to similar levels as the legacies.

The map of European aviation is changing very fast.

I would be biting my nails to the roots if I were SN top management. On the one hand they're not doing too bad a job given that they are micromanaged by their shareholders and I feel for them because they must be under extreme pressure right now with all this vibe coming from FR. On the other hand we have been worrying for years that this rise in competition might happen and tried to inject some sense into it before it actually happened, so SN could reposition itself in a niche or close its market where possible.

Ryanair is doing everything right from bottom to top and they are standing strong. How does any competitor crush, let alone cope against such an enemy? Tough times for smaller legacies in Europe.

On the other hand... FR is risking quite a lot with this move. Can they operate at a higher level of expenses and still be as profitable, ie move towards a less extreme WN (Southwest) business model or are they risking to loose the baseline customers who are plenty but pay little, in an attempt to win the more lucrative ones who pay more but are fewer?

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

A major management reshuffle, effective on 1st february :
http://www.ryanair.com/ie/news/ryanair- ... pointments
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.