Ryanair at Brussels Airport

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Mavke

Re: Ryanair at Brussels Airport

Post by Mavke »

are these 10 routes just a start with more to come later on ... i didnt follow the press alot , that why i am asking ...

Established02

Post by Established02 »

Mavke wrote:are these 10 routes just a start with more to come later on ...
Nobody knows, but if you think of Ryanair's expansion from GRO into BCN, then it's likely that also for BRU more is to come later on.

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Major clean-up in this topic (once more), please stay on-topic!

brusselsairlinesfan

Post by brusselsairlinesfan »

Hi,
Will the 4 planes (to be based in BRU) still arrive tomorrow from STN?
Cheers...

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Yes, 3 aircraft initially. 4th one will arrive in april

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Parked at Brussels Airport:

Contrarily to what MOL announced in his first press conference, the aircraft will not dock at gates with jet bridges, but at the same stands as easyJet: the passengers will have to walk from Terminal A to the planes.
André
ex Sabena #26567

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

sn26567 wrote:Parked at Brussels Airport:

Contrarily to what MOL announced in his first press conference, the aircraft will not dock at gates with jet bridges, but at the same stands as easyJet: the passengers will have to walk from Terminal A to the planes.
This isn't just a normal procedure IMO...

Couldn't they be parked at the big place of remote stands, further on... ? ( out of sight 8-) )
With a tent construction or so ... LOL :lol:
Altough a long walk towards the plane would give a nice view on the runway...

CXB
New types flown 2022.. A339

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Thanks for the picture : a happy view indeed.
The Ryanair 737 are now part of the landscape at Brussels Airport, at long last.
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

HQ_BRU_Lover

Post by HQ_BRU_Lover »

cathay belgium wrote:Couldn't they be parked at the big place of remote stands, further on... ? ( out of sight 8-) )
With a tent construction or so ... LOL :lol:
Altough a long walk towards the plane would give a nice view on the runway...
:lol: :clap: get some sleep now, right?

Nice to see them arrive at "The heart of Europe".

Good luck, Ryanair!

teddybAIR

Post by teddybAIR »

I wish them all the best at BRU and hope that their competitors find the right strategies to defend their business model. The more options the better!

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

The unions against Ryanair : "action" tomorrow at Zaventem.
http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/942/Economie/a ... nair.dhtml
Extracts :
De vakbonden van de luchthaven van Zaventem gaan donderdag betogen rond de luchthaven. Een actie voor "het laten respecteren van de Belgische sociale wetgeving en arbeidswetgeving", zo melden de bonden. De betoging vindt niet toevallig plaats op de dag dat de Ierse lagekostenmaatschappij Ryanair haar activiteiten op Brussels Airport opstart.
De betoging start om 10 uur aan de terminus van de bussen op de luchthaven en eindigt aan de vertrekhal. Daar zullen de actievoerders de directie van Brussels Airport een "Fair Ticket"-banner overhandigen, die ondertekend werd door alle afgevaardigden van de in de luchthaven aanwezige vakbonden.
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

AirOpinion

Post by AirOpinion »

great idea... a clear sign of weakness.

teddybAIR

Post by teddybAIR »

AirOpinion wrote:great idea... a clear sign of weakness.
what do you mean?

brusselsairlinesfan

What kind of actions do they plan?

FlightMate

Post by FlightMate »

So... because they're pissed of with Ryanair's way of working, the airport's employees are going to strike, thus delay competitor's flights? :lol:

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

It looks to me that it will be only a demonstration that will not affect flights in any way. I'll be there and I'll give you my own impressions.
André
ex Sabena #26567

b720

Post by b720 »

These ignorant union people should be demonstrating in front of the ministry of finance instead, demanding less taxes and social security contributions!! Maybe then Belgian aviation, along with all other businesses in this country will flourish!

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

sn26567 wrote:It looks to me that it will be only a demonstration that will not affect flights in any way. I'll be there and I'll give you my own impressions.
Indeed : they will do a little walk, make some noise, drink a beer (or two) and hand over kind of a leiflet with 10 demands to a delegation from Brussels Airport. Some of the demands are real, others are on the list because they needed to have 10 demands. Most important demand (I think, but I don't speak union language): Belgian social security has to be paid by airlines operating at BRU.

http://aclvbairport.com/2014/02/wij-zijn-bezorgd/

1.De toepassing van het bestaand Belgisch Arbeidsrecht door ieder bedrijf
2.Dat de veiligheid van de werknemers boven alles staat: hierop kan geen enkele uitzondering worden toegestaan met speciale aandacht voor interimarbeid en het veiligheidsoverleg tussen eigen onderneming en onderaanneming
3.De toepassing van het betalen van de wettelijke Belgische sociale zekerheidsbijdragen door ieder bedrijf
4.De voorwaarden bij Brussels Airport Company zijn er voor alle bedrijven: er kan geen sprake zijn van voorkeursbehandelingen.
5.Het respecteren van de sectorale loon- en arbeidsvoorwaarden
6.Het respecteren van de cao’s
7.Het respect voor de sociale dialoog in alle bedrijven
8.Dat de extreme flexibiliteit aan banden wordt gelegd
9.Een duurzaam personeelsbeleid gericht op werkbare jobs

Free translation: copy/paste the above to
http://translate.google.com/

brusselsairlinesfan

First FR flights from BRU today! Please find below 2 press articles (F/NL) :

http://www.lalibre.be/economie/libre-en ... 729d82ccb7

http://www.standaard.be/cnt/dmf20140227_01001109

Even if I must admit I am a true brussels airlines addict and not a big fan of ryanair, the competition will be interesting.

Vincent, Paris (F)

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

“The Flemish newspaper Het Nieuwsblad today had an article about Ryanair at BRU, with comments from Luc De Wilde, aviation journalist and Thierry Vanelslander, transport economist at the University Antwerpen. It’s an article reserved for subsrcibers, so it's against their policy that I quote the whole article. I don’t give the link either as it won’t work for most of you:

Het Nieuwsblad: “…Ryanair cannot continue this price war and hold its dumping prices. Today’s flights were not full, although the seats were offered at about half of the real cost. Today’s load factor equal to Ryanair’s general load factor. Not bad, but not spectacular either.”

Het Nieuwsblad: “Brussels Airlines, Vueling and EasyJet have reacted firmly to Ryanair’s start: they all have increased the number of flights, now resulting in an over supply, meaning all carriers will loose money on some routes. Ryenair will have to increase its dumping fares, whilst others will decrease their fares.

Het Nieuwsblad quotes Geert Sciot - Brussels Airlines: “Ryanair is already a competitor for ten years. Only now, they’ve comed closer to us, from Charleroi to Brussels. However, our markets differ: we have a lot of transfer passengers, we have the Thomas Cook citytrip passengers, we have Geneva that is doing good”.