Jetairfly to start Miami in summer 2014

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Stij

Jetairfly to start Miami in summer 2014

Post by Stij »

Hi,

could have been mentioned here before (but I can't find it)...

But rumor has it JAF is going to fly to MIA twice a week as from April 2014...

Does anybody know something more?

Kind regards,

Stij

JAF737

Re: BRU summer 2014: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by JAF737 »

Stij wrote:Hi,

could have been mentioned here before (but I can't find it)...

But rumor has it JAF is going to fly to MIA twice a week as from April 2014...

Does anybody know something more?

Kind regards,

Stij
Can be confirmed now, JAF announced it to its personnel. 2x BRU-MIA (timetable & equipment to be confirmed).

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

JAF737 wrote:2x BRU-MIA (timetable & equipment to be confirmed).
Return of a former CityBird route. Nice!
André
ex Sabena #26567

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

That's great but I hope that it will be longer then one season now. Orlando was not that long.

Stij

Post by Stij »

JAF737 wrote:
Can be confirmed now, JAF announced it to its personnel. 2x BRU-MIA (timetable & equipment to be confirmed).
Hey, my rumor was right!!!

Cheers,

Stij

AirOpinion

Post by AirOpinion »

Good news for JAF, in my opinion a much better strategy than opening FIH :)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Atlantis wrote:That's great but I hope that it will be longer then one season now. Orlando was not that long.
True. CityBird flew to both Orlando and Miami!
André
ex Sabena #26567

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

A market with a lot of potential, but only if they can attract the right passengers. I really hope they succeed, would love to plan a holiday to Miami, flying JAF's 787 :)

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

Will be tough to concur this market..
If they can fill their 787 full of JetAir holidays..
Big competition in OW-BA/IB/AA as they offer good fares,more frequencies..
Same for AerLingus,Icelandair...
That CityBird flew this route guarantees nothing,that Orlando was stopped in only one season,and that AA didn't start this one before leaving ORD/JFK makes me think it won't last long..
And for holidays it won't make a difference.. Orlando,Miami,Fort Lauerdale..

But wish them lots of success and indeed,this is a better tought then FIH... :)

CXB

BTW : MIA with LX for 480euro now ;) promo paperflies... guess service is a bit better 8-)
New types flown 2022.. A339

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

cathay belgium wrote: If they can fill their 787 full of JetAir holidays..
More than enough tourists going to Florida (and mainly Miami), the thing is, they have to get them far enough to book Jetair(Fly).
cathay belgium wrote: Big competition in OW-BA/IB/AA as they offer good fares,more frequencies..
Same for AerLingus,Icelandair...
Different part of the market, UK-Miami also generates a lot of business traffic, contrary to Belgium-Miami which is a low yield market. The lower end of the market in the UK is not served by BA-AA, but the UK charter/holiday carriers. And now JAF, will not be competing on that Miami business market, but the local Belgian market (tourists don't like transfers at LHR).
cathay belgium wrote:and that AA didn't start this one before leaving ORD/JFK makes me think it won't last long..
Because AA wouldn't be able to serve the low yield market in a succesfull way, the higher end of the market they serve out of Miami, is not big enough out of BRU (and facing too much competition from LHR, contrary to the low yield market as I said above).
cathay belgium wrote: And for holidays it won't make a difference.. Orlando,Miami,Fort Lauerdale..
For a general Belgian tourist? Yes it does matter. People like to go on holiday to nice places they know from tv, Miami is one of those very attractive cities. When tourists want to visit Florida, Miami will often be their first choice (especially when it's a first visit to Florida).

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Romax,

You reply makes sense..

But Miami isn't the main attraction of Florida, when we speak about Florida/Miami.. we all mean, when we think a bit more, ORLANDO...
Miami hasn't that much to offer.. distances are great.
Miami hasn't what people expect of a Caribbean holiday.. you can't stay there for a whole weak and don't leave your hotel, yes you can, but thats not what we expect from a carribean holiday...
in comparison with Cuba/Domincan Republic/...
Guess for low yield Florida holidays..Orlando was the pin they had to make work ...
For people on holiday .. price is the next thing.. they have to compete with AerLingus/AirBerlin/...
These are already on the market,nearby,with very intresting fares..
50 euro more/pax is 200 for a family and for 200 euro less people are pleased to drive the short distance more to DUS...
And besides.. USA-travellers are 'mostly' common with shopping for airfares/hotels/rentalcars..as they aren't the regular JetAir-traveller, as Florida mainly needs some self-driving,tours,...
but good luck to JAF !!
Guess JAF and their 787 'economic' plane needs to offer better fares to compete..

CXB
New types flown 2022.. A339

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

I personally don't think it will work, if JAF have to do fly to the US it should be Orlando as all the tourist infrastructure are overthere, not Miami. And if they already failed with Orlando I already imagine what will happend to Miami.

Jetairfly invest a lot of money in the long haul flight but the market is not big enough to fill an entire plane on those destination from Brussels. I think JAF should stop and focuse on their actual destination in the Carribean instead of every year having some new destination that they operate one year and than stop like Liberia, Orlando, Male, Colombo, Phuket, Bankok,...

If they really want to fly Miami, they should make a partnership with Brussels Airlines, as SN and Jetair together could be enought to fill an aircraft.

Flanker2

Post by Flanker2 »

Cathay, Miami is a destination in itself. All the cruises depart from there (hence maybe the interest from JAF?) Also, Miami has a great nightlife and nice beaches to offer as well as the city itself.

Orlando is great for Disneyland and for people who have a house or are spending the summer in Florida, golfing around.

Different markets.

If their main aim are the cruises, it should work just fine.

JAF737

Post by JAF737 »

crew1990 wrote:I personally don't think it will work, if JAF have to do fly to the US it should be Orlando as all the tourist infrastructure are overthere, not Miami. And if they already failed with Orlando I already imagine what will happend to Miami.

Jetairfly invest a lot of money in the long haul flight but the market is not big enough to fill an entire plane on those destination from Brussels. I think JAF should stop and focuse on their actual destination in the Carribean instead of every year having some new destination that they operate one year and than stop like Liberia, Orlando, Male, Colombo, Phuket, Bankok,...

If they really want to fly Miami, they should make a partnership with Brussels Airlines, as SN and Jetair together could be enought to fill an aircraft.
I definitely disagree with all your points! Or almost...

Luckily we have a charter/lcc airline in Belgium willing to explore new ideas!! Should they think the way you do, they would still have 5 B737's flying to their standard destinations! But no, they tried long haul at the beginning and then added a 2nd B767 to their fleet, now they arr improving significantly their product with the most modern aircraft you can find: a B787. Who, in Belgium, could do that with your way of thinking?

Furthermore, I think Miami is a greater idea than Orlando, which was a bit unknown for many belgian tourists. It's far from being the case of Miami, which sounds much more attractive to me. It's for sure a different style of holidays, but why not?

If they fail on this route, they fail and it stops there, but at least they will have tried!!!

By the way...partnership between SN & JAF is non sense, will never happen.

sn26567

Re: Jetairfly to start Miami in summer 2014

Post by sn26567 »

Although comparison is no reason, Norwegian Air Shuttle, which caters to the same kind of public as Jetairfly, will be flying to Orlando next summer, and not to Miami.

By the way, the decision of Jetairfly is not yet final. And if the decision is taken, it will be on a 767 and not a 787.
André
ex Sabena #26567

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

JAF737 wrote:
crew1990 wrote:I personally don't think it will work, if JAF have to do fly to the US it should be Orlando as all the tourist infrastructure are overthere, not Miami. And if they already failed with Orlando I already imagine what will happend to Miami.

I definitely disagree with all your points! Or almost...

Luckily we have a charter/lcc airline in Belgium willing to explore new ideas!! Should they think the way you do, they would still have 5 B737's flying to their standard destinations! But no, they tried long haul at the beginning and then added a 2nd B767 to their fleet, now they arr improving significantly their product with the most modern aircraft you can find: a B787. Who, in Belgium, could do that with your way of thinking?

Furthermore, I think Miami is a greater idea than Orlando, which was a bit unknown for many belgian tourists. It's far from being the case of Miami, which sounds much more attractive to me. It's for sure a different style of holidays, but why not?

If they fail on this route, they fail and it stops there, but at least they will have tried!!!

By the way...partnership between SN & JAF is non sense, will never happen.
I don't mean that JAF should stop the long haul, I just think they should do some flight more reliabe, for other TO like Thomson or this TO in Danemark.

Adding some new destination and try is nice but what the point if all those destinations a loosing a lot of money, the only "new" flight they added and wich is working is actually Mombasa and Zanzibare and are destination witch have been haded by Thomas cook Airlines.

Of course JAF will never do any partnership with SN because those people in the managment are to proud to admit that they can't compete with SN.

In the mean time I agree with you when you say that they try. JAF is definitely a company witch is not scared about taking some risk, in comparaison to TCAB. And this is nice because this the way they will discover where the market is, and make it growing!

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

what about the price ?
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

cnc

Post by cnc »

there's a big difference if JAF chose MIA and rely op jetair to fill the plane or if jetair chose miami and JAF just has to provide the seats

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

Tweet from Jetairfly:

jetairfly: @fotograaf The first Jetairfly flight to Miami will be on the 4th of April, operated by a Boeing 767-300ER Economy Service/Comfort Service
Tot hier en verder

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

Anybody an idea about how many Caribbean cruises jetair sells annually?
With most of them leaving from Miami, it would already provide us with a good estimation of their commercial basis.