Jet Airways out of Brussels

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Flanker2

Re: Jet Airways out of Brussels?

Post by Flanker2 »

Interesting idea SN-remember.

I think that it could work as part of a broader sub-fleet of B752's or A321NEO's. I don't see the A330 potential here, since SN doesn't have that much excess capacity on the TATL routes to be able to process that much through-traffic and the Europe-India market isn't a niche with plenty of competition on the continent.

Yields are low, costs in India high, but done right, it could make some money.

Traffic rights or permits? Threaten to close off all diamond trade between Antwerp and Mumbai and you'll see them scrambling to sign the darn thing.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

ch-aviation confirms that Jet Airways has requested slots in Amsterdam as from the next winter season, as mentioned in a post above.

ch-aviation adds "In effect, this signifies the end of Jet's Brussels National scissors hub as well as the possible suspension of the destination itself as a whole. Jet's Newark service is expected to be re-routed as Mumbai Int'l - Abu Dhabi Int'l - Newark using a B777-300(ER) codeshared with new equity partner, Etihad Airways (EY, Abu Dhabi Int'l)."

Bye bye, Jet Airways! We'll miss you.
André
ex Sabena #26567

air belgium

Post by air belgium »

Jet Airways out of Brussels, maybe Air Canada in for Brussels to Toronto. (fingers crossed for air canada 787
to Toronto)

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

Or SN third destination in America. It makes sense too! Anyway I think it's bad to loose the indian route but in the mean time it's a competitor less to America from BRU.

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

We read a lot of speculation on what they will do to their Bombay_Brussels_NewYork flight which isn't transferred to AMS, but has anything been communicated by jetairways on this topic yet?

It seems increasingly likely that at least the transatlantic part of this route will be halted too, maybe even the entire route will be stopped, but isn't it time to announce it as people will start booking for next autumn soon???

Or are they going to play the same game again as they did previously on JFK, axing the route short notice and without proper communication whatsoever, leading to a very confusing situation in the booking systems with flight opened and closed almost randomly and nobody knowing what was going on?

quixoticguide

Post by quixoticguide »

sn26567 wrote:ch-aviation confirms that Jet Airways has requested slots in Amsterdam as from the next winter season, as mentioned in a post above.

ch-aviation adds "In effect, this signifies the end of Jet's Brussels National scissors hub as well as the possible suspension of the destination itself as a whole. Jet's Newark service is expected to be re-routed as Mumbai Int'l - Abu Dhabi Int'l - Newark using a B777-300(ER) codeshared with new equity partner, Etihad Airways (EY, Abu Dhabi Int'l)."

Bye bye, Jet Airways! We'll miss you.
Indeed we'll miss you 9W. Smart to use under used B77W for this route. Also a chance for EY customers to fly from EWR to AUH and beyond and doubling capacity on AUH-NYC sector.
EK flies 3 times daily from NYC to DXB.
And QR only one time daily.
Visit my flights on: http://www.quixoticguide.com

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

Well, I won't miss them since it could open up possibilities for SN. If there is indeed the rumoured market between India and BRU and LH is limited in traffic rights, we might see something there.
Besides, yet another competitor less on the BRU-NYC market, meaning better numbers for the two remaining operators: DL and, especially A++

I hope SN choses the way forward and jumps in the gap left by 9W. If not, airlines of surrounding countries (KL in particular) will do it for as far as the BRU-India market really excists.

Boeing767copilot

Post by Boeing767copilot »

A quite interesting column about this issue in TM:

http://www.travel-magazine.be/AviationN ... fault.aspx

Tomskii

Post by Tomskii »

Boeing767copilot wrote:A quite interesting column about this issue in TM:

Intresting read as well (finally a non-rubbish article).

Myeah as Conti said, it might open possibilities for SN which we should all encourage, but 'laten we niet op 1 paard wedden' just in case SN goes down in a few years. (you never know what happens in aviation). If 9W would leave (thus most likely) it might also open the road for other companies (when is ANA coming...) to open routes at BRU. TG made a very good bet on it's BRU-BKK route as we all can see by the increase in capacity/flights. I like how they grow the route slowly, but steadily as well.

LJ

Post by LJ »

Inquirer wrote:We read a lot of speculation on what they will do to their Bombay_Brussels_NewYork flight which isn't transferred to AMS, but has anything been communicated by jetairways on this topic yet?
Nothing official will be announced untill the EY investment gets the green light from the Indian government (which if you read the article in the EY-9W thread can take an additional fem weeks/months.
Inquirer wrote: Or are they going to play the same game again as they did previously on JFK, axing the route short notice and without proper communication whatsoever, leading to a very confusing situation in the booking systems with flight opened and closed almost randomly and nobody knowing what was going on?
Expect that to happen when the EY-9W deal goes ahead. BTW it wasn't that confusing. When an airline closes a route it usually closes, then reopens (with only the higheste fares loaded) and finally closes again in the booking systems. They do this to be able to rebook pax.

Duke

Post by Duke »

Boeing767copilot wrote:A quite interesting column about this issue in TM:

A very interesting and correct analysis indeed.
If Etihad goes ahead with their plans of trying to move Jet Airways out of Brussels, I think the Brussels Airport authorities should concentrate on seducing Emirates to come to Brussels, to compete head on with Etihad.
Why wouldn't Emirates consider Brussels as a hub for new services?
Just my humble opinion.

Duke

quixoticguide

Post by quixoticguide »

9W out and EK in!
They come anyway. If the appropriate aircrafts are available.

Boeing767copilot

Post by Boeing767copilot »

India's PM clarifies reports on India-UAE (Abu Dhabi) bilateral and Etihad-Jet equity proposal

http://centreforaviation.com/news/india ... sal-243294

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,
WHy such a rush to get EK in?
If EK in ..forget staralliance partner singapoure to come back !
You can wait a bit longer on ANA and others more special ones..
I would have my hopes on Air India,future star calliance maybe..
Calling for EK is calling for the big bad wulf IMO...
Forget to think to bring the A380 to land in BRU,it will just be another A330 maybe B777...

CXB
New types flown 2022.. A339

quixoticguide

Post by quixoticguide »

Or an A343, A345 or B77L or maybe A350XWB :)

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

Duke wrote: If Etihad goes ahead with their plans of trying to move Jet Airways out of Brussels, I think the Brussels Airport authorities should concentrate on seducing Emirates to come to Brussels, to compete head on with Etihad.
Why wouldn't Emirates consider Brussels as a hub for new services?
Please no... I never hope to Emirates at BRU because they would suck out all possible future routes otherwise flown by a bigger variaty of airlines.

b720

Post by b720 »

Indeed, EK 380s or double daily 777 will be the end of TG, and any direct link to Asia for that matter. I still
think though that a link to DXB is a gapping hole in the destinations on offer out of BRU.

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

b720 wrote:Indeed, EK 380s or double daily 777 will be the end of TG, and any direct link to Asia for that matter. I still
think though that a link to DXB is a gapping hole in the destinations on offer out of BRU.
Between those specific airports, you'd have two possible operators: SN and EK. The first will not venture such a risky flight and the latter might do so one day, only at the cost of any possible future 'exotic' (in terms of rare birds at BRU the past 10-15 years) airlines flying mostly Asian routes.

If there is any market between the UAE and Brussels I guess it is alreasy pretty well covered by EY to AUH. No need for SN to step into the market and hopefuly no need for EK neither.

On the other hand, I do wonder what prevents EK from flying to BRU since absout every other airports of comparable and even smaller size as BRU are being flown by EK.

Tomskii

Post by Tomskii »

If you want EK to come to BRU you're dooming SN. EK might be good pax whise but absolutely not good for other players on the market.

LJ

Post by LJ »

Conti764 wrote: On the other hand, I do wonder what prevents EK from flying to BRU since absout every other airports of comparable and even smaller size as BRU are being flown by EK.
If you mean the UK airports the answer is simple. High demand to India which guarantees some pax.
Conti764 wrote: If there is any market between the UAE and Brussels I guess it is alreasy pretty well covered by EY to AUH.

And JetairFly to Ras al-Khaimah.

Finally, aren't we forgetting that QR also flies to BRU (and that there aren't many airports in Europe where both EY, QR and EK are flying to)?