2011 Liège Airport (LGG) latest news

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Acid-drop

Re: 2011 Liège Airport (LGG) latest news

Post by Acid-drop »

2 small news:
- the military left lgg for trafic control
http://levif.rnews.be/fr/news/belga-pol ... 472182.htm

- It's more and more clear that the strict limitation of pax to CRL only is gone. The minister again said that CRL is full and LGG could take more pax trafic in the future.

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

Some cleaning has been done.
This topic is about LGG news. Anything else (ie. LGG vs any airport in Kazakhstan) should be discussed in another topic.

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

L'aéroport de Liège (Liege Airport) ne pourra pas assurer l'ensemble de ses services vendredi à cause de la grève menée par les syndicats FGTB et CGLSB qui protestent contre l'accord interprofessionnel. "Cette grève pénalise plus de 80 entreprises dans leur travail (sans compter les nombreux sous-traitants) et met à l'arrêt un outil international essentiel au redéploiement économique de la région liégeoise", a estimé l'aéroport dans un communiqué jeudi.
"Ce mouvement social désespère toutes les entreprises et les compagnies aériennes présentes sur le site qui ne comprennent pas cette différence de traitement. Certaines, lassées par ce climat social détestable, envisagent même de délocaliser leurs activités", prévient l'aéroport. Au total, plus de 70 vols seront annulés ou déplacés vers l'aéroport de Bruxelles. L'aéroport de Liège estime que le "signal" des grévistes envoyé à l'étranger est "catastrophique". Si elle reconnaît le droit de grève, la direction estime toutefois qu'il faut "un changement radical de mentalité". "Il faut arrêter de se tirer une balle dans le pied et paralyser les entreprises dans leur développement par des actions contre-productives." (DEF)
From : http://www.liegeairport.com/uploaded/fi ... tesses.pdf

In summary, the airport is warning the union that the strike of tomorrow is giving a very bad image of the airport and of the people of the region. It's also very hard to understand for a non-belgian company why only some places are paralyzed, and not the whole country. (and indeed, there is a federal reason of this strike).

On line is although interesting in this official communication :
"une nouvelle compagnie aérienne a ainsi postposé [à cause de la grève] sa venue à Liege Airport."
So we may get a good news soon. Knowing that the prince of Thailand came a few days ago in LGG, I wonder if it could be Thai Cargo ...
The mgmt of LGG was in malaysia last week to discuss Halal import, that could be also a possibility

an-148

Post by an-148 »

I share totally the opinion of the management of LGG !!!
I really cannot accept those repeated strikes (it's strange they happen almost on Fridays or Mondays: they organize strikes to have from time to time a "long week-end" :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: )

I always thought "idiotic strike" is a matter of French or Hainaut people ....... if it now comes to our region (same by Mittal: 2-3 years ago they would have worked almost for free to keep the jobs, now they strike !!!), the companies will be affraid and the management of LGG will feel like Don Quichotte: fighting wind !!!

I'm really angry (I worked 40 years without ANY DAY OF STRIKE and will never regret it !!) :twisted: :twisted:

cnc

Post by cnc »

i think i missed some stuff here... who is striking and why?

andorra-airport

Post by andorra-airport »

cnc wrote:i think i missed some stuff here... who is striking and why?
The Unions CGLSB and FGTB are striking against "l’accord interprofessionnel", a common benefit to all private sector workers. I am sure somebody else can tell you all the details.

I have a question too, after reading this line in that text : "une nouvelle compagnie aérienne a ainsi postposé aujourd’hui sa venue à Liege Airport…" (a new airline has postponed today's arrival at Liege Airport ...)

Which airline? Thanx.

a380bigbeast

Post by a380bigbeast »

The following advertisement on OAG was posted a few days ago for a flight planned ex LGG. Now it is planned ex AMS:

http://www.inforwarding.com/message.asp?message=46247

Anybody knows the airline company operating this flight?

avia messenger

Post by avia messenger »

a380bigbeast wrote:The following advertisement on OAG was posted a few days ago for a flight planned ex LGG. Now it is planned ex AMS:

http://www.inforwarding.com/message.asp?message=46247

Anybody knows the airline company operating this flight?
will be ET route is ADD - AMS - KWI
flightnumber ET3712 ADD - AMS

Brgds

liege-bierset

Post by liege-bierset »

It could be KALES Charters.
They have recently announced two new flights, using B747 equipment.

LGG-DXB-HGK (1/W) starting 25/02/11
LGG-KWI (1/W) Starting 04/03/11
Flight planned for Friday this week will be operated out of AMS

Unions are totally irresponsible !!! Not enough that Steel industry is nearly dead, now they are undermining one of few source of jobs creation. :mrgreen:

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

ET ? using 747 ?
southern air 742 then ?
No big deal anyway, it's not much trafic

a380bigbeast

Post by a380bigbeast »

Heard that an "eastern" company had to start ops yesterday with 3 or 4 flights a week and that this company finally decided to operate from Germany because of the strike in LGG. Does anybody know whether this is true? Can an expert tell me how a company could set-up everything to operate from an airport, sign all agreements with the airport, handling agent, trucking company, ... and then suddenly decide to withdraw everything and operate from another airport?

cnc

Post by cnc »

a380bigbeast wrote:Heard that an "eastern" company had to start ops yesterday with 3 or 4 flights a week and that this company finally decided to operate from Germany because of the strike in LGG. Does anybody know whether this is true? Can an expert tell me how a company could set-up everything to operate from an airport, sign all agreements with the airport, handling agent, trucking company, ... and then suddenly decide to withdraw everything and operate from another airport?
welcome to aviation ;)
its common to make the same agreements with a couple airports/handlers/...
unless they signed an agreement for X flights a week they can just use LGG as diversion station

a380bigbeast

Post by a380bigbeast »

cnc wrote:
a380bigbeast wrote:Heard that an "eastern" company had to start ops yesterday with 3 or 4 flights a week and that this company finally decided to operate from Germany because of the strike in LGG. Does anybody know whether this is true? Can an expert tell me how a company could set-up everything to operate from an airport, sign all agreements with the airport, handling agent, trucking company, ... and then suddenly decide to withdraw everything and operate from another airport?
welcome to aviation ;)
its common to make the same agreements with a couple airports/handlers/...
unless they signed an agreement for X flights a week they can just use LGG as diversion station
OK. Thanks. And do you know who is/was that company?

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

If this is true, I really hope the airport will communicate to the union, saying that their action is totally thoughtless and irresponsible. Maybe they start thinking when they have the number of job lost because of their action. They already said it costed 70 millions euro to the belgian economy.

Now, is it really easy to find an airport with the same ratio quality/price in Germany ?
I guess we can find the airlines just by looking the logs of Hahn or other cheap airport around.
I still think Thai is a good guess.

a380bigbeast

Post by a380bigbeast »

Acid-drop wrote:If this is true, I really hope the airport will communicate to the union, saying that their action is totally thoughtless and irresponsible. Maybe they start thinking when they have the number of job lost because of their action. They already said it costed 70 millions euro to the belgian economy.

Now, is it really easy to find an airport with the same ratio quality/price in Germany ?
I guess we can find the airlines just by looking the logs of Hahn or other cheap airport around.
I still think Thai is a good guess.
Maybe Thai, indeed. But they already started some months ago. So it's not really a new operator. We'll on wednesday if they are back.

an-148

Post by an-148 »

they didn't start as Thai, but as SOO, using Thai "marked" planes

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

an-148 wrote:they didn't start as Thai, but as SOO, using Thai "marked" planes
No, it was thai flights from Thailand, but they lease SOO planes indeed.
In LGG, in the begining, it was suppose to be "test" flights, to test the handling company. Now it's more regular, but only 1x week on wed, isn't it ? (In MST it was charters, very likely for flowers, like the big majority of flight to MST.)

a380bigbeast

Post by a380bigbeast »

Acid-drop wrote:
an-148 wrote:they didn't start as Thai, but as SOO, using Thai "marked" planes
No, it was thai flights from Thailand, but they lease SOO planes indeed.
In LGG, in the begining, it was suppose to be "test" flights, to test the handling company. Now it's more regular, but only 1x week on wed, isn't it ? (In MST it was charters, very likely for flowers, like the big majority of flight to MST.)
Yes. All correct. On wednesdays, BKK-DEL-LGG-BKK. They also did BKK-HKG-LGG-BKK several times on saturdays, but not recently.