Korongo Airlines: THE END

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

tolipanebas

Re: Korongo Airlines

Post by tolipanebas »

Korongo's website is now active under the address I've previously mentioned here:

http://www.flykorongo.com

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

tolipanebas wrote: SN would do well to update its rather patchy looking hybrid livery to something similar to Korongo's, IMHO.
It's by far much nicer, more dynamic and very much more visible (especially in the dark), something which the SN livery currently definitely isn't!
Slightly O/T, but something like this?

Boavida

Post by Boavida »

^^ Much, much better than the current one!

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

Looks good indeed, but all white engines would be much better IMHO.

Also, you seem to have forgotten the logo repeat in front of the brussels airlines name.

Oh and finally, when you'll be allowed to see the full livery of Korongo in all its detail, you'll see there is actually a subtle light blue line in between the dark blue and the white zones, which makes the transition between both far more elegantly looking than in your rendering above, so maybe you can try to add that too?

I know, I am demanding, am I not? :-)

Anyway, who thinks this is MUCH BETTER than SN has right now already? Hands up, then!

Polaris

Post by Polaris »

tolipanebas wrote: Anyway, who thinks this is MUCH BETTER than SN has right now already? Hands up, then!
*Polaris puts his hand up* :D

Maybe that for SN they can have this livery but with a small red line inbetween the white and the blue from the tail? :idea:

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

tolipanebas wrote:Looks good indeed, but all white engines would be much better IMHO.

Also, you seem to have forgotten the logo repeat in front of the brussels airlines name.
Actually I haven't, but in my design, I've already added the dotted B on the tail and the engines and another logo in front of the name was a little overkill to me :)
Oh and finally, when you'll be allowed to see the full livery of Korongo in all its detail, you'll see there is actually a subtle light blue line in between the dark blue and the white zones, which makes the transition between both far more elegantly looking than in your rendering above, so maybe you can try to add that too?
I'll try to add one and show you the results (also with all white engines) :)

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

Thank you so much...

If I may suggest something: maybe make a couple of variations (including one with a red iso light blue 'tailwave' as Polaris suggested) and we can have a real online poll about it!?

KLC

Post by KLC »

Are they planning to hire European staff? (e.g. cabin crew, pilots?)

dsa330

Post by dsa330 »

KLC wrote:Are they planning to hire European staff? (e.g. cabin crew, pilots?)
they have a few african people here in BRU training, but there will also be a certain amount of people from here (Brussels Airlines) i believe.

Polaris

Post by Polaris »

Any idea when the ticket sales will start? Seeing the fact that they want to start in Q1 2011... :roll:

Polaris

Post by Polaris »

pjms21 wrote:The hangar is under construction at the airport in Lubumbashi. The maintenance crew is being
selected already and the first bae 146 ( MJE) will start it's c-check aprox. next week and will take
about 6 weeks to complete.
If this planning is still correct, can we expect to see first BAe146-200 in the new colorscheme in the coming two weeks? :roll:

b.lufthansa

Post by b.lufthansa »

Polaris wrote:
pjms21 wrote:The hangar is under construction at the airport in Lubumbashi. The maintenance crew is being
selected already and the first bae 146 ( MJE) will start it's c-check aprox. next week and will take
about 6 weeks to complete.
If this planning is still correct, can we expect to see first BAe146-200 in the new colorscheme in the coming two weeks? :roll:
Sure !! :lol:

Shanti

Post by Shanti »

I hope we can fly with a Korongo Airlines aircraft in Europe on some flights. (special flights or so)
Fingers crossed!

spagiola

Post by spagiola »

Has OO-MJE emerged from her C-Check yet? Any update on the date of her departure for Congo?

dsa330

Post by dsa330 »

spagiola wrote:Has OO-MJE emerged from her C-Check yet? Any update on the date of her departure for Congo?
It should be about finished. Probably after the weekend.

Shanti

Post by Shanti »

i am curious to see the plane in new colours!

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

Some more patience might be needed though.

I am under the impression MJE will be repainted in Norwich only AFTER it has completed its C check in BRU, so as far as I know is currently still is in its SN livery: at least it was last time I saw it in hangar 117 2 weeks ago...

sn_rj85

Post by sn_rj85 »

tolipanebas wrote:so as far as I know is currently still is in its SN livery: at least it was last time I saw it in hangar 117 2 weeks ago...
Would surprise me because the aircraft wears the airDC livery since almost 3 years :lol: :clap: :wtf:

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

Yes of course. My bad... I ment to say that it won't be spotted in the Korongo livery right after its C check. :)

Polaris

Post by Polaris »

Any idea when the ticketing will start? Maybe end of January? :roll:
Don't know if Korongo Airlines is still on shedule to start operations in Q1 2011...