Winner of €10,000 Ryanair scratch card eats winning ticket

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

andorra-airport

Winner of €10,000 Ryanair scratch card eats winning ticket

Post by andorra-airport »

Ryanair, today (26th Feb) confirmed that the winner of a €10,000 Ryanair scratch card, on Thursday’s FR1724 flight from Krakow to East Midlands, ATE the €10,000 winning ticket after crew confirmed he had won the €10,000 prize.

When the delighted crew congratulated the winner and advised him how to claim his prize he apparently became upset that Ryanair’s cabin crew could not pay him the €10,000 there and then on the flight. When the crew explained to him that these very large €10,000 prizes needed to be verified with, and collected directly from, the scratch card company the prize winner became angry and decided to digest his win – literally!

Since this €10,000 prize will now go unclaimed Ryanair and Brand Force, the scratch card company, have decided to offer the cash to charity and have asked Ryanair passengers to vote on www.ryanair.com (until Fri 5th Mar) for which type of charity Ryanair should donate the €10,000 prize to, from the following list:

1. An Anger Management Charity
2. An Eating Disorder Charity
3. A Gamblers Charity
4. A Disruptive Children’s Charity
5. A Mental Health Charity

jan_olieslagers

Re: Winner of €10,000 Ryanair scratch card eats winning ticket

Post by jan_olieslagers »

Sheer madness! Seems to confirm that this airline attracts passengers, hm, shall we say, outside average or even minimal good sense. Though they don't have a monopoly for carrying idiots, more's the pity.

regi

Post by regi »

jan_olieslagers wrote:Sheer madness! Seems to confirm that this airline attracts passengers, hm, shall we say, outside average or even minimal good sense. Though they don't have a monopoly for carrying idiots, more's the pity.
Watch out Jan, or you end up with the same problem as I did : having to apologise myself for generalising about Ryanair passengers.
I feel very sad that I was not on that Ryanair flight. I might have been able to calm down that passenger and make a deal with him that I would go through the administrative grinder to collect the money and pass the half of it to him .
On the other hand, 5,000 euro is not enough for me to undergo a Ryanair treatment again. And I am not affluent, rich. But they screwed up already 1 business meeting, and I don't know the real economical longterm impact on my business of that cancelation.

Gliderpilot

Post by Gliderpilot »

Voted for Anger Management Charity, seems most appropriate to me in this case. :D

FlightMate

Post by FlightMate »

Is that a joke or what?

Or just another free publicity campain ran by Ryanair?

Buzz

Post by Buzz »

FlightMate wrote:Is that a joke or what?

Or just another free publicity campain ran by Ryanair?
You just got to love how creative FR gets when they want free advertising!
Everybody falls for it time after time...

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Ryanair contacted by 50 people claiming to have eaten €10,000 scratch card

40 weren’t even on the plane!

Ryanair, the world’s favourite airline, today (4th Mar 10) confirmed that 50 people have contacted them claiming they ate the €10,000 scratch card onboard a Ryanair flight from Poland to the UK last week. In a bizarre attempt to get their hands on the €10,000 prize 40 of those claiming to have digested a fortune weren’t even on the plane!

Ryanair confirmed that the consumption of the winning ticket made it null and void as Brand Force, Ryanair’s scratch card partner, are unable to verify whether the ticket was indeed a €10,000 winner.
André
ex Sabena #26567

chrisflyer

Post by chrisflyer »

Am I the only one to believe that this story is pure fabrication by Ryanair? A fantastic way to lure more passenger into buying scratch cards.

You've got to give it to them - it's brilliant.

Happy landings,

Chrisflyer