BRU winter 09-10: latest news, routes, airlines

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Bralo20

Re: BRU winter 09-10: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by Bralo20 »

Atlantis wrote: We can see it already in the booking engine of United. So we will see two daily flights ex-IAD to BRU. But why park their a/c for more then 12h on Belgian soil? And why via LHR?
Flight numbers are UA929 ex- BRU and UA938 ex-LHR
Strange since UA929 is the LHR-ORD flight with a B763 while UA938 is a B763 flight from ORD to LHR.

Both flights are still showing a B763 ex-LHR and ex-ORD when the 777 BRU-LHR rotation starts.

Hmm...

hmv

Post by hmv »

Would be a very nice route! I've send a message to the United airline twitter account with the question if it's bookable.

Bralo20

Post by Bralo20 »

hmv wrote:Would be a very nice route! I've send a message to the United airline twitter account with the question if it's bookable.
I've just checked it with a random site (vliegtickets.nl) and it's giving me the following for a 4/11 november return:

1.065,13 EUR

UA929 BRU-LHR
UA938 LHR-BRU

But for a strange reason it's only giving me the C cabin for the LHR-BRU flights...

hmv

Post by hmv »

One-ways are also business class only according to vliegtickets..
Also, vliegwinkel.nl shows economy/business, but cheaptickets.nl shows economy/economy for 1066 euro's...

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Could it have something to do with the fact that SN is going to join Star? But when we see the schedule then we saw that they are close to the ops hours of BMI unless UA will not sale O&D tickets between LHR-BRU-LHR.

Could it be that this is a test for a future second daily, non stop, flight to BRU with a smaller a/c like their B757?

Bralo20

Post by Bralo20 »

The BRU/LHR flights are loaded until March, 27 2010. The day after, the flights are gone :?:

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Bralo20 wrote:The BRU/LHR flights are loaded until March, 27 2010. The day after, the flights are gone :?:
That's normal. The end of March is at the same time the end of the summer season. You will never seen two summer or winter seasons in one system.

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

Atlantis wrote: Could it be that this is a test for a future second daily, non stop, flight to BRU with a smaller a/c like their B757?
A few weeks ago I asked at A.net if UA has internationally configured 752's like CO, US, AA and DL have... But they responded that UA doesn't use their 752's TATL.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Airbuspilot wrote:Does anyone have any information about Qatar Airways (finally) opening the Brussels route?

Qatar Airways announced two more mystery destinations in Europe. We know there has been some pressure from the Belgian governement to open the route. Lately we have heard about the U.S. governement asking QR to open a route to Brussels to connect their biggest military base outside the USA with the NATO headquarters in Brussels.

So it might be possible...
The last few days there were several communiqués about the expansion in Europe. Read: on their already excisting European routes.

But, Qatar Airways also announced, did it already a few times, that it will launch soon two new European cities. Spain, Italy, Switserland, Austria, Germany, Franceand the UK are already well covered. I see them open new routes to BRU, AMS and maybe some UK destinations. Why BRU? Qatar is using United Airlines to cover the US. United has the intention to fly more to/from BRU as from the next winter season.
Qatar is also an important partner for Belgium when we have a look at the gaz terminals on our sea ports. The cooperation will be extended.
I think, only my vision, that BRU will make a big chance.

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

Atlantis wrote: I think, only my vision, that BRU will make a big chance.
Not to mention QR's CEO recently said he'd not be rejecting an invitation to join STAR alliance... ;-)

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

With the new winter schedule, Brussels Airlines is going to increase their number of flights to Vilnius.
Flights days will be: Mon/thu/Wed/Fri/Sat and Sun.

The a/c will be an A319

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Atlantis wrote:With the new winter schedule, Brussels Airlines is going to increase their number of flights to Vilnius.

The a/c will be an A319
Great news. Is traffic sufficient to warrant the use of an A319?
André
ex Sabena #26567

Charlie Roy

Post by Charlie Roy »

Great news for the Vilnius route!
I hope Brussels Airlines will offer connecting possiblities to passengers from Vilnius, because that airport really has very few direct routes, so it would be interesting.

Meanwhile, Vienna airport today announced it will no longer provide any handling services for Sky Europe, due to lack of payment on Sky Europe's part.
I guess this marks the (immediate) end of Sky Europe's BRU - VIE route :(

http://www.viennaairport.at/jart/prj3/v ... ode=active

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

sn26567 wrote:
Atlantis wrote:With the new winter schedule, Brussels Airlines is going to increase their number of flights to Vilnius.

The a/c will be an A319
Great news. Is traffic sufficient to warrant the use of an A319?
According to the source, TM, does. The A319 will replace the Avro during the winter season and they will react on the higher demand on this route.

SabenaForever

Post by SabenaForever »

Danube Wings will start flights from Bratislava to Brussels this winter!!!

http://www.danubewings.com

greetz

VEX802

Post by VEX802 »

Brussels is listed on their website as a scheduled route for winter 2009

Could this be an indirect consequence of the potential shut down of Sky Europe's route between Brussels and Vienna (which is used by many passengers with final destination Bratislava)?

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

SabenaForever wrote:Danube Wings will start flights from Bratislava to Brussels this winter!!!
With a nice ATR72 fleet.

This will make it even tougher for SkyEurope (if it stills exist this winter).
André
ex Sabena #26567

Ducatibiker

Post by Ducatibiker »

Has anyone any news on the Brussels-Bordeaux route ? Looks like AF stop flying this route and there are no *alliance member present in Bordeaux.

HighInTheSky

Post by HighInTheSky »

Ducatibiker wrote:Has anyone any news on the Brussels-Bordeaux route ? Looks like AF stop flying this route and there are no *alliance member present in Bordeaux.
Internal rumours say that SN will start Brussels-Bordeaux...
Don't know yet if this is true or not. Anyone more info?

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

Sevilla will be continued during winter on day 2, 6 and 7 with a B737
Copenhagen will get a 5th rotation except on sunday.
Best regards,

Airbuske