Miles & More welcomes Brussels Airlines as new partner

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

euroflyer

Miles & More welcomes Brussels Airlines as new partner

Post by euroflyer »

Just had a look at "my" miles & more homepage, the version which you can only open with your card number and code. And the first information that pops up as top news is:

"Neuigkeiten von den Miles & More Airline-Partnern: Brussels Airlines wird neuer Partner
Brussels Airlines wird ab dem 29. März neuer Partner von Miles & More. Sie können dann auf allen von Brussels Airlines durchgeführten Linienflügen Prämien-, Status- und HON Circle Meilen sammeln und Ihre Meilen in Flugprämien einlösen. Auch auf von Luxair durchgeführten Linienflügen sammeln Sie dann neben Prämienmeilen auch Status- und HON Circle Meilen. Bei beiden Airlines erhalten Sie zudem 25% Executive Bonus auf Ihre gesammelten Meilen."

Which translates into English as: News at Miles & More: Brussels Airlines is new Airline partner from 29 Mar 09; M&M customers will be able to collect and spend miles (also status miles) on SN flights and the usual 25% bonus for Senator level members will be given as well. (plus, you will be able to collect status miles on Luxair flights from now on as well).

So the next step of integration into *Alliance and Lufthansa. How long will Privilege continue to exist in addition to M&M? Until the start of the next winter timetable?
Star Alliance Gold / LH Senator
A300 A318 A319 A320 A321 A340 B737 B747 B757 B767 MD81 MD82 MD90 Tu134 IL18 BAe146 RJ85 RJ100 CRJ200 CRJ700 CRJ900 ERJ145 E170 E195 F50 F70 F100 ATR42 ATR72 Q300 Q400
http://my.flightmemory.com/euroflyer

BrightCedars

Re: Miles & More welcomes Brussels Airlines as new partner

Post by BrightCedars »

Like the merger of my Flying Dutchman and Fréquence Plus into Flying Blue I'm eager to see the timing and conditions for the merger of my Privilege and Miles&More accounts, hope this is on the agenda!

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

Hi all,

I am also curious to see what will happen.

At the end of this months I most probably become privilege platinum. What would that be in the miles & more program?

Regards,
Danny

b720

Post by b720 »

and what will happen if one has both privilege and miles and more??

Boeing767copilot

Post by Boeing767copilot »

Starting on 29 March Brussels Airlines and Lufthansa will offer code share flights between Belgium and Germany. Customers will be able to combine flights of both airlines, which gives them a lot more departure and connection possibilities.

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

Indeed, as expected, all German destinations of LH and SN (except MUC) will be code-shared as from the IATA summer season. For the time being, MUC is excluded from the code-share list, because SN has to move to the new terminal in MUC, used by Star alliance, first...

In a first phase this means there will be no less than 11 flights to FRA or 9 to TXL for instance, but I expect the numbers to drop to more normal levels once the time tables are fully synchronised.

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

What are again the additional destinations of LH in Germany: Stuttgart, Hannover, Nurnberg?

Other destinations?

Regards,
Danny

Airbus A330

Post by Airbus A330 »

And also Hamburg ;)

summersso

Post by summersso »

Will they continue code-sharing with BA in the summer season?

Does anyone know what do they plan to go regarding London - ultimately switch code-shares to BMI (who are now deploying smaller ERJ145s on this route), relaunch flights to Heathrow or increase flight to Gatwick?

summersso

Post by summersso »

Where in the booking process on brusselsairlines.com can I enter my Miles and More number? Only see the option to add SN Privilege number or BA Exec Club number.

There's a double miles offer on at the moment:
https://www.miles-and-more.com/online/m ... &cid=18002

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

summersso wrote:There's a double miles offer on at the moment
There is also an offer to fly Lufthansa from 5 European capitals (including Brussels) to Milan and back for only 3000 miles. If you put in an additional 12000 miles the taxes are paid as well and the flight is entirely free.

Brussels Airlines take note!
André
ex Sabena #26567

b720

Post by b720 »

Indeed Brussels airlines take note!! They have incresed their taxes e.g. GVA 103 euro.. return trip.. so 20.000 miles for a reward ticket + 103 euro!!!!!!!! booking online was down (two days last week).. only
possibility was to book over the phone!! I can assure everyone here, that the ALITALIA website and booking engine is by far more developed than that of brussels airlines. I do not dare compare them to Lufthansa or Swiss!!

Ducatibiker

Post by Ducatibiker »

I tried to reach the Privilege Platinum desk this morning and the answering machine told me it was closed.
What is going on ? I hope that the transition is not too long...

HighInTheSky

Post by HighInTheSky »

It is now confirmed, Brussels Airlines will use Miles and More as from October 25th. The Privilege program will stop at midnight October 24th.

More info will follow soon.

speedbird1

Post by speedbird1 »

I flew BruAir last month (23rd Apr) and added my LH card upon check-in but the miles still haven't been added. My card number was on my boarding pass stub so it was accepted on the system. (Even though the check-in staff where certain that LH cards weren't accepted I add) My car hire miles were added ok from the same day, so are SN just dragging their heels.
Has anyone else had this experience? And yes I was traveling in blight :D

Cheers,
Ems

Air Key West

Post by Air Key West »

Indeed, I have made exactly the same experience (travelling in all three classes of service with b.air).
I intend to still wait a couple of weeks and if nothing happens, all one can do is send a request for missing miles to Miles&More and see how they react. If Miles& More say that b.air flights were not yet eligible for Miles&More miles, one will have to send a new request for missing miles to SN Privilege.
In favor of quality air travel.

Air Key West

Post by Air Key West »

I noticed on my Miles-and-More statement that one SN flight in June has been credited to my account, but earlier flights at the end of April and in May are absent.
In favor of quality air travel.

Ducatibiker

Post by Ducatibiker »

Beginning of July Membership Rewards (American Express) is changing its conversion rate to Brussels Airlines Privilege from 1: 1 to 3:2 or a devaluation of 33%.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Ducatibiker wrote:Beginning of July Membership Rewards (American Express) is changing its conversion rate to Brussels Airlines Privilege from 1: 1 to 3:2 or a devaluation of 33%.
Indeed. You have until 7 July to convert at the old rate. But this has nothing to do with SN, it's just Amex that wants to save money. Their conversion rate to AF and other airline miles is also going down the same way.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Ducatibiker

Post by Ducatibiker »

It will be interesting to see what Amex Belgium is going to do. Propose to transfer Membership Rewards at a rate of 3:2 like the other airlines. They will have to go further since Miles & More has its own Master Card credit card for members residing in The Netherlands, UK and several other countries. And as long as you hold a Miles & Mores Credit Card, your miles will not expire. Let's hope this Master Card is also offered to Belgian residents.