Abnormalities at BRU / ANR / LGG / CRL / OST

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

sean1982

Re: Abnormalities at BRU / ANR / LGG / CRL / OST

Post by sean1982 »

OK, technically it is not a strike. But there has to be somebody occupying the tower any way in case of emergencies. If the FR planes would declare a MAYDAY when landing in CRL after 23.00hr those fools in the tower would have to let them land. So technically it is not a strike, in reality it is, because the person sitting there is refusing to talk to the aircraft on the frequency. Idiots

pressman

Post by pressman »

Theswe sort of actions are known as "work to rule" the airport closes at 23.00 so they leave then .

kanick

Post by kanick »

I vote for sean 1982. As workers we have rights but first of all we have obligations. We are facing a bunch of idiots.

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

kanick wrote:We are facing a bunch of idiots.
Meaning the Belgocontrol management?

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

If I remember well, this is not the first time Ryanair is spreading these kinds of press releases against controllers. They did it before with Irish controllers.

To those here: it is so easy judging people, but if you don't know anything about it (read: the circumstances in which they work), it is better just to shut up ... :roll: Yes, going on strike is "easy", but if no one listens (crisis or not), what else can you do?
Tot hier en verder

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Euhm, solve it in another way that doesn't bother other people who have nothing to do with it maybe? And if you they do want to disrupt other people's plans and jobs maybe they can have the decency to explain what is going on. I think it's the last they can do for those people who end up in LGG or LIL everytime?!

kanick

Post by kanick »

If they don't understand the way you talk (and I know the way unionised guys talk) try to talk the way they understand your problems (and that's not the right way). You would be facing the threat of loosing your job, you would have another attitude.

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

@ Sean: If it is going on for years and they even had to show their goodwill to work free for a couple of hours; and still there is no reaction, what is left then? You can wait forever, but at some point you need to make your statement; and yes, unfortunately some flights were hit by the previous strikes. Luckely we didn't to it at 6 PM! It's not that I approve these kinds of actions, but I can understand that enoug is enough ;)

@ kanick: The problems at Belgocontrol have been discussed more then enough in other topics. And FYI: I wasn't even aware of those strike. It is not because one or 2 persons strike that all the controllers are like that.
And I still can loose my job, I try not to get involved (except giving my honest opinion) because I've dreamed of this job for a very long time.
Tot hier en verder

TWR

Post by TWR »

Ref. AIP Belgium & G.D. Luxembourg:
EBCI AD 2.3 OPERATIONAL HOURS
1 AD Administration

0530 -2200 (see EBCI AD 2.21, Noise quota system between 0530-0600 and 2100-2200)
2 Customs and immigration

* Passengers (1) (2) (3): Same HR as point 1.
* Goods: 0700-1100 and 1145-1545 (on working days only)

3 Health and sanitation As AD Administration
4 AIS Briefing Office As AD Administration
5 ATS Reporting Office (ARO) As AD Administration
6 MET Briefing Office H24
7 ATS As AD Administration
8 Fuelling As AD Administration
9 Handling As AD Administration
10 Security As AD Administration
11 De-icing As AD Administration
12 RMK

1. Customs CLR outside these HR is possible; fees depending on the number of customs officers required and on the nature of operations.
2. If customs and immigration personnel is absent, the AD Authority may authorize an ACFT to leave for or to arrive from abroad, on the understanding that the pilot fills out and signs a written declaration that the ACFT carries no goods.
3. Customs CLR outside these HR is possible; fees depending on the number of customs officers required and on the nature of operations and if prior notice is given the preceding day before 1900 for CLR between 0500-0700 and on the day itself for CLR after these HR.
Do you think this is unfair ? Then think about all the cargo planes from EBBR who arrived at the runway 1 minute after the start of the curfew and who had to return to the gate just to sit and wait 'till the next morning. I never heard anybody complain about that...

EBBUFIR

Post by EBBUFIR »

Extract from Belgium AIP..........

Aerodrome closed at 2200 for all aircraft movement except for LDG of based aircraft being carried out with a delay compared to the schedule initially envisaged as far as it is not due to the airline compagnies and as far as the global quota count of these flights does not exceed 900 points. A based aircraft is an aircraft scheduled for LDG at EBCI before 2200 and TKOF the following day.

So by having a look at this...Belgocontrol is not responsible to take in charge home based aircraft after 22H00UTC if the delay is due to the aircraft company (engine problems, ...)...hmmmm it was done before...so we never accepted an aircraft after 2200UTC even if it was due to a technical problem from the company.....???????

I have in mind some examples, well, many of them where we had to stay after 2200UTC even if the delay was due to the aircraft company...
the airport is closed at 2200UTC so if the company cannot make it => try rescheduling...or ask for extension of the official hours....

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

This evening, JAF/JFU5284, Oujda - Charleroi, scheduled landing at 2250 is late and estimated at 2315.
I wonder if the air controllers will let them land at CRL ?

luckyme

Post by luckyme »

It really is amazing. Is there no offical channel through which staff can express their problems with management before it comes to disrupting the very people who pay for the service? Any independent authorities? I respect that conditions are not ideal for the controllers but get real.

On Wednesday, one aircraft had earlier diverted to Marrakesh while CRL-FEZ due to fog and waited 2 hours while it cleared and then routed RAK-FEZ. Now they could of cancelled the FEZ-CRL to maintain the schedule but then the passengers would be stuck. As a result an aircraft later has to divert to LGG. How is that the fault of the airline? ATC slots are also not the fault of the airline.

By Thursday, we have 5 positioning flights including 3 LGG-CRL and 2 extra aircraft to route DUB-CRL and MAN-CRL (after positionng from LPL). The cost of each runs to many 000's of €€. There won't always be multiple spare aircraft available to go to CRL either.

Tonight, I think that Treviso-crl will also be late on top of the JAF, we'll see what happens. Probably nothing.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Oujda arrived eventually at 2300, and Treviso landed at 2310 .... no problem tonight !

SabenaForever

Post by SabenaForever »

Hello

I saw today a Austrian fokker at ANR...
Can somebody tell me what he was doing at Antwerp? Saw it around in the afternoon.

greetz Christophe

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

Nevermind, wrong topic.
Tot hier en verder

ANR/BRU Spotter

Post by ANR/BRU Spotter »

SabenaForever wrote:Hello

I saw today a Austrian fokker at ANR...
Can somebody tell me what he was doing at Antwerp? Saw it around in the afternoon.

greetz Christophe
He picked up passengers and flew VIE-ANR-VIE.

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

Because of unkown problems in Paris Beauvais, 2 Ryanair flights (from Dublin and Treviso) diverted to Liège, most probably not to Charleroi/Brussels-South because they left again around 23:30 (when CRL is already closed).
Tot hier en verder

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

Zorba wrote:Because of unkown problems in Paris Beauvais, 2 Ryanair flights (from Dublin and Treviso) diverted to Liège, most probably not to Charleroi/Brussels-South because they left again around 23:30 (when CRL is already closed).
:D :shock:
340 Km away ;)
Not so funny for the pax ;)

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

Zorba wrote:Because of unkown problems in Paris Beauvais, 2 Ryanair flights (from Dublin and Treviso) diverted to Liège, most probably not to Charleroi/Brussels-South because they left again around 23:30 (when CRL is already closed).
Strange indeed, I should have expected their Lille-Lesquin base if diversion was required? Or does that airport also suffer from night curfew?

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

The controllers were on strike at Beauvais and Lille :

http://www.ryanair.com/site/IE/notices. ... BVA_LIL-GB