RAK Airways to BRU

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Air Key West

RAK Airways to BRU

Post by Air Key West »

Can anyone confirm the article in The National (Abu Dhabi) saying RAK Airways will be flying to BRU from April ? RAK = Ras al Khaimah, one of the smaller emirates of the UAE. RAK Airport is less then an hour from Dubai (when traffic is fluid).
http://www.thenational.ae/article/20090 ... 28138/1005
In favor of quality air travel.

Air Key West

Re: RAK Airways to BRU

Post by Air Key West »

or would it be Brussels CRL ?

Depretair

Post by Depretair »

Hello,

I think the rwy is too short in CRL for a plane to go so far from Belgium.
RAK is the IATA code of Marrakesh, i'm sure it will cause some trouble to some poeple.
Is there such a demand out of Belgium, I think DXB ( Dubai) will be much more competitive.

Wait and see,

Oli ;-)

Kapitein

Post by Kapitein »

Wasn't this the one flying from the Middle East to RAK and then, maybe, from RAK to BRU?

Air Key West

Post by Air Key West »

I think there was a confusion perhaps in some people's minds because the airline is called RAK Airways and RAK is also the IATA three-letter-code for Marrakech. This is why, in my first post, I explained that RAK in this case stands for Ras al Khaimah (in the United Arab Emirates).

beaucaire

Post by beaucaire »

Brubiac wrote:Wasn't this the one flying from the Middle East to RAK and then, maybe, from RAK to BRU?
That one was Air Arabia ...

Air Key West

Post by Air Key West »

Indeed, I think you are right, beaucaire. However, I doubt that Air Arabia based in Sharjah (also in the UAE) would get traffic rights between Morocco and Belgium, unless they would get traffic rights between the UAE and Belgium with a "technical" (?) stop in Morocco. Don't know if that would be possible.
And so far, nobody has been able to confirm the news in the article published by The National of Abu Dhabi (see first post). Maybe negotiations are still going on.

Depretair

Post by Depretair »

What a routing to reach the UAE ...
BRU-RAK -> +/- 03h15
fueling/papers/etc -> +/- 1h
RAK-AUE -> min 5h...

A lot of other options are available ...

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Air Key West wrote: However, I doubt that Air Arabia based in Sharjah (also in the UAE) would get traffic rights between Morocco and Belgium, unless they would get traffic rights between the UAE and Belgium with a "technical" (?) stop in Morocco.
Air Arbia is going to set up a base in Morocco to offer flights to Europe. In that way its possible to serve an airport in Belgium if you get permission.

Going back to the topic. It will be a miracle to see RAK on Belgian soil with only one aircraft in their fleet and the number of destinations they will fly and the strike of Boeing last year. They ordered 4 B738.

Desert Rat

Post by Desert Rat »

Air Key West wrote:Indeed, I think you are right, beaucaire. However, I doubt that Air Arabia based in Sharjah (also in the UAE) would get traffic rights between Morocco and Belgium,.
Air Arabia not, but Air Arabia Maroc.... ;)

regi

Post by regi »

seems like they just copy the Airasia, Ryanair, Easyjet model, with multiple hubs.