2008-2009 Charleroi Airport (CRL) latest news

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

airazurxtror

Re: Charleroi Airport (CRL) latest news

Post by airazurxtror »

SAVE/Dexia is chosen rather than Hainan :

http://www.lalibre.be/economie/actualit ... -bord.html

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

20 % more passengers at Charleroi in 2008 : 2,957 million pax against 2,459 million in 2007.

http://www.charleroi-airport.com/doc.ph ... 471&site=1

sdbelgium

Post by sdbelgium »

According to various newspapers in Belgium (a.o. De Morgen, HLN) and Luchtvaartnieuws.nl Australian carrier Jetstar would want to connect CRL with an Asian city. The Australian ambassador would have visited CRL on prospection last December. Before the flights would take place, the runway should be extended and therefore the closest timeframe for flights would be 2011.

Vinnie-Winnie

Post by Vinnie-Winnie »

sdbelgium wrote:According to various newspapers in Belgium (a.o. De Morgen, HLN) and Luchtvaartnieuws.nl Australian carrier Jetstar would want to connect CRL with an Asian city. The Australian ambassador would have visited CRL on prospection last December. Before the flights would take place, the runway should be extended and therefore the closest timeframe for flights would be 2011.
Hahahaha as realistic as Hainan coming to CRL. if that ever happens i promise to run around CRL totally naked!

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

It will for sure not happen before the crisis is over ... then ... why not ;)
If someone had said 10 years ago that there would be several time a week a Liège-Shanghai with a 747, many would have run naked too ;)

20% growth, not bad not bad :)
Everything is going like the plan, crisis or not

Stij

Post by Stij »

To be honest? Hainan is a full-service airline and I didn't and don't expect them to go to CRL, but JetStar... is a low-cost carrier... I wouldn't be surprised...

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Maybe I spoil the dream of our CRL friends (friendly speaking of course ;) but Jetstar is also in talk with Brussels Airport and this for a while. The contacts are there already.

This was one of those carriers we couldn't speak about it because of no final decision. BTW, it will took 3 to 4 years IF you will see such an airline on Belgian soil.

JOVAN

Post by JOVAN »

Vinnie-Winnie wrote:
sdbelgium wrote:According to various newspapers in Belgium (a.o. De Morgen, HLN) and Luchtvaartnieuws.nl Australian carrier Jetstar would want to connect CRL with an Asian city. The Australian ambassador would have visited CRL on prospection last December. Before the flights would take place, the runway should be extended and therefore the closest timeframe for flights would be 2011.
Hahahaha as realistic as Hainan coming to CRL. if that ever happens i promise to run around CRL totally naked!
Hope it won't happen...................

(so you are that kind ??)

NCB

Post by NCB »

20% rise is huge, congratulations to CRL.
Did any pax shift from BRU to CRL looking for cheaper fares, due to the crisis?
Did any pax shift from The Netherlands due to the eco-tax?

What explains the huge growth besides the addition of 1 or 2 carriers?
Did Wizzair expand at CRL?

itami

Post by itami »

Vinnie-Winnie wrote:If that ever happens i promise to run around CRL totally naked!
I hope for you it doesn't happen during a harsh winter like this one... :lol:

Vinnie-Winnie

Post by Vinnie-Winnie »

Atlantis wrote:Maybe I spoil the dream of our CRL friends (friendly speaking of course ;) but Jetstar is also in talk with Brussels Airport and this for a while. The contacts are there already.

This was one of those carriers we couldn't speak about it because of no final decision. BTW, it will took 3 to 4 years IF you will see such an airline on Belgian soil.
That's a relief!!! ;)

Boeing767copilot

Post by Boeing767copilot »

Wizz Air announced today that it would enter the Czech market by opening six new routes to be operated from Prague International Airport, starting from as early as 19 February 2009. The initial route network will include services to London Luton, Rome, Milan Bergamo, Brussels Charleroi, Paris Beauvais and Eindhoven.
From 19 February: Brussels Charleroi, 3 times a week; From 25 July 4 times a week.

Charlie Roy

Post by Charlie Roy »

Wow, that makes 10 Capital cities served from Charleroi:
  • Sofia
    Bucharest
    Budapest
    Bratislava
    Prague
    Warsaw
    Riga
    Rome
    Madrid
    Dublin
With already a number of new routes set to begin, the passenger numbers bode well for 2009.

Charlie Roy

Post by Charlie Roy »

Announcement expected Tuesday.

New route: Charleroi - Rome Fiumcino with RYANAIR.
(They will continue to fly to Rome Ciampino too)

stefanel

Post by stefanel »

I'm afraid I don't see the point here. Fiumicino is 46km from the centre... I know there is a quicker train connection but still, this seems odd to me.
Charlie Roy wrote:Announcement expected Tuesday.

(They will continue to fly to Rome Ciampino too)

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

There is a strong lobby at Ciampino (city) against the development of the airport and against more flights.
There is a possibility of the LCC being forced to move from Ciampino to Viterbo (north of Rome), which Ryanair is dead against.
By acquiring a foothold in Fiumicino, I think Ryanair is providing for the future.

Charlie Roy

Post by Charlie Roy »

The plan was to announce the moving of aircraft from Hahn to Rome Fiumcino.
But at the 11th hour Ryanair and Hahn came to an agreement.

They still have the slots. It's just a question of whether the routes from Rome Fiumcino will now actually materialise.

nightflyer1980

Post by nightflyer1980 »

A little question:
Does anyone know, when (or if ever...) the planned low-cost-parking at CRL will be opened?
First, they sag, that it will be finished in 2008, now on the CRL-Website, they write "2008-2009", but on the
Cityparking-Website they don´t write nothing more about it :?:

stefanel

Post by stefanel »

nightflyer1980 wrote:A little question:
Does anyone know, when (or if ever...) the planned low-cost-parking at CRL will be opened?
First, they sag, that it will be finished in 2008, now on the CRL-Website, they write "2008-2009", but on the
Cityparking-Website they don´t write nothing more about it :?:
I don't know but I remember that I was driving round and round following those low-cost parking pannels that just led ... nowhere!!! This was the very first days after the opening. I was so mad, I mean, how can you install pannels for something not existing at all?

Charlie Roy

Post by Charlie Roy »

SANTANDER

Spanish media expects Ryanair to announce Charleroi - Santander shortly:

http://www.eldiariomontanes.es/20090123 ... 90123.html
Todo parece indicar que la primera de esas dos rutas en establecer vuelo será la que una Parayas con Bruselas. Y su puesta en marcha se producirá en el plazo de dos meses.